I'm extremely arrogant. - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:07 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
where the grass is greener.
Thats where you are totally wrong buddy. I've totally stood on green grass before. Some yellow grass. Even some red grass.

Quote:
this is arrogance to you. you do this all the time. you are doing it by posting here. that is not arrogance.
its not binary. There are degrees.

You seem like you are trying really hard to start an argument for conflict that doesn't yet exist.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Thats where you are totally wrong buddy. I've totally stood on green grass before. Some yellow grass. Even some red grass.
wrong? when you say it yourself. "stood" and i obviously mean, "green' (not other color), have "lived" in the other side where the grass is greener. greener meaning the "ideal" grass. yellow means a "sick" grass. a grass that is crap. so you really haven't been in the "other side". you just wished you have.

Quote:
its not binary. There are degrees.

You seem like you are trying really hard to start an argument for conflict that doesn't yet exist.
nah, you are wrong and i can prove it. arrogance is not an opinion, it's a fact. and what you posted back as being "arrogant" is not actually being arrogant. that post is subjective. if the word arrogant didn't have an actual definition, it would not exist.

conflict, me? why did you post here if not to start a conflict? did you type here to help the op? no. plus, conflic it no really a bad thing. that's how people get "enlighten".

but speak the truth don't think you are fooling anyone.

what is the defenition of arrogance?
post #43 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
is all good. i understand what you are trying to tell me. i have a problem that i do not know how to “sugar coat” my advice. i just speak bluntly. but most people do not understand blunt, they like it sugar coated. though blunt and sugar coated are the same thing. so i’ll admit that, i lack that big time.

now, what i wrote it’s not really that serious. i’m just speaking bluntly but i can guarantee that if i was to sugar coat it, you would not act the same.

let me see if i can try to explain it... this is what you put in bold for emphasis.

NOTE TO SELF: I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SUGAR COAT.

lets take the first one “forget them, think about yourself only.” ok, tell me right now, who are you thinking about helping at this very moment. knowing that there are people out there needing help? or who have you thought about helping other than yourself in the past month? plus have you actually helped anyone. not with, “it will be ok” but with words and actions. have you helped your friend?

lets take the other bold phrase in consideration “lower your intelligence down”. have you tried to be smarter than everyone else. or should i say, do you show your smartness in public, literally? if you come across a co-worker who cannot understand something but you can, are you going to point that out or are you going to take note in you mind and say “wow, this guy is an idiot” BUT lower your intelligence to be polite?

the next bold sentence “money makes the world go round plain and simple.” like i said, a friend is not for your best interest, sure friends have good time (they have their purpose, but one should not just focus on that) but the friend who ends up at top is the one who takes control. tell your friend, “i need to move to another state to go to one of the top universities, i got accepted.” the friend is only going to be thinking, “man, he is moving away. im going to be all alone." so what do you do? stay to please the friend, or go to make top dollar and enjoy your future life? cus money does make the world go round whether you want to believe it or not. i have read books about money to not know this.

you think thugs in the streets hustling are bad... just read about how countries need to borrow money from banks and pay back interests, if they can’t, they get “PUNISHED”. (this is something that goes deep to the truth. but most just ignore it cus it does not matter to the average joe to be honest, though it happens).

buy a brand new shiny car. make your payments on time so you won’t get charged interests, see how it ends up for you. the dealer has to make a profit somehow.

make ONE late payment in anything, see how your bill goes up. it just takes one cus that's how they can change you more (bend the rules). blah blah blah, it’s all about money.

lets take a look at the other bold part “once you start making money the rest become slaves... it is true.” actually they make themselves slaves. but slaves is not sugar coated so i could mean the same thing by saying, they become “kiss as*.”.... “i need new shoes but i don’t have any money”. “man, i don’t know how i’m going to do it but i don’t have next month rent.” that’s how it starts.

etc. etc.. with the rest.

i’m not a millionaire (i wish) but i know that it should not be that hard. that is it i didn't have SA. plus, i just found out i had SA last year and i’ve been manipulated by my dad till 4 months ago. i may be late but i don’t think it’s too late. a lot of people have made millions in their later years.

not having pride is not going to take you places either. one of arrogance synonym is “pride”. you can’t have pride if you want to succeed in life. so it is ok to be arrogant. but i think the op is talking about having pride and not arrogance (unless how he feels is a lie, cannot back it up). just be proud that you feel smarter than the rest. why? cus they all do it, they just do it unconsciously. plus, they don’t speak about it, they just do it. i see it.

you can feel smarter than me, it won’t bother me. you can feel that you have more money than me, it’s the same. it all boils down how you feel about yourself.

should i feel like i’m lower than everyone else? just proving a point.

the thing is that people don’t actually talk about what they do to get this and that. or how they feel about people/society, they just DO IT unconsciously (like i mentioned before). what i try to do is interpret their actions and not what they actually say and i say it bluntly. like i said earlier before, my fault is that i say it bluntly.

thanx for the input though.
Its not about sugar coating it. Straight up all your information portrayed a very poor opinion on the world and others. Your main motivation is money, a stuff everyone as long as I have money I am a winner.

I have helped friends out in the past week. As well as the past month. I have IT qualifications, I help them with computers, they help me with their trades. I helped a mate out purchasing a new bike on the weekend. I am knowledgeable and helped him deal with salesman and get a good deal. He helped me fix up my suzuki because I am looking to sell it. All it took was 'mate, can you make me some brackets' Another mate was going through a few issues with his missus, I went out with him on saturday night, we had a good time, better then him sitting at home upset. I like to think that I have offered people advice which is more then 'it will be ok'. I have a very different way of thinking and analyzing things, which gives people a different angle to approach a problem. There is always more then one way to see things.

The difference is you see people as a burden, I dont, I am more then willing to give because you get so much in return. Not just from friends but everyone. You havent held the door for someone and seen how grateful they are. Or the guy infront of you at the coffee shop is a dollar short. You spot him the change. Giving change to volunteers. What do I get out of that. Nothing but a thank you and not even that sometimes. The more you give to the world the more you get back.

I am moving to canada at the end of the year. For nothing more then the experience and self discovery. My friends dont want me to go but understand why. I have a friend offering a place to stay when I get back until I find a job and get back on my feet. What does he get out of that? There was no, 'dude, you should stay' it was man that is awesome, I wish I had the chance to do that. Followed by when you come back there is a room for you.

I work in support, I regularly come across things people dont understand, I reword it and try again. I dont expect people to know anything I do, because I can tell you they know a lot more about other subjects. Does that make them smarter or dumber. No, everyone has something to offer. So no, I do not judge people and call them idiots in my head, I do not lower my intelligence to be polite, I word things in a way they will understand.

I am not denying that money is uber important for countries for businesses for people. What I am saying is that you can be happy without all the fancy things in life. That you can actually live a simple life and enjoy it just as much as someone with everything. Surround yourself with people which compliment yourself personality wise and you will have fun without even needing money. So you live on 500 a week and some dude is living on 5000 a week. You can actually be a lot happier.

I earn less then all of my mates. Bar a student. Does that make me a kiss ***? Do I feel that they own me money, no. I am more then happy to cover myself and others when out. So what if I shout a couple of extra rounds. Or if they do. It all works out in the end. I have a mate earning 5 to 10x as much as me. And it isnt until you mentioned it that I even think of it. He does not flaunt money, I would never even ask for a hand out or expect anything for free. People dont walk around with their dollar value above their head.

I wish you luck earning all your money, it is never too late and it is possible for anyone. So I wish you the best. I have gone away from wanting to set myself up for the future. I am having fun now for a change and meeting people. Enjoying people. And it is a lot more rewarding then stashing money under the bed. There is plenty of time to settle down in the future.

I honestly dont care if I am smarter then someone, I assume everyone is smarter then me in one way or another. So I take pride in my knowledge but I respect others for what they know.

I think your interpretation of people is off. You as missing the part about forming friendships for what they offer, a friend. That when you gain happiness from other areas that you dont need money to buy things to boost yourself.

--The past is only the future with the lights--
--I'm Beat but cant be Broken--
Under Construction

post #44 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
There is bitterness if you feel you hate the world that much. You have to learn that the world isn't quite that bad. Yeah, there are materialistic and shallow people - just make a goal not to become one. The rest will fall in to place.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #45 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
wrong? when you say it yourself. "stood" and i obviously mean, "green' (not other color), have "lived" in the other side where the grass is greener. greener meaning the "ideal" grass. yellow means a "sick" grass. a grass that is crap. so you really haven't been in the "other side". you just wished you have.
I'm not sure if this is a joke?
Quote:
nah, you are wrong and i can prove it. arrogance is not an opinion, it's a fact. and what you posted back as being "arrogant" is not actually being arrogant. that post is subjective. if the word arrogant didn't have an actual definition, it would not exist.

conflict, me? why did you post here if not to start a conflict? did you type here to help the op? no. plus, conflic it no really a bad thing. that's how people get "enlighten".

but speak the truth don't think you are fooling anyone.

what is the defenition of arrogance?
You didn't really prove anything. You just told us your opinion. Yes if words didn't have definitions, they wouldn't mean nothing. I don't know what your point is.
I posted to share my experiences with others, hoping to help or connect with someone else.

I agree that conflict isn't always bad. Many good things come out of conflict. But conflict for conflict's sake is completely idiotic.

post #46 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Its not about sugar coating it. Straight up all your information portrayed a very poor opinion on the world and others. Your main motivation is money, a stuff everyone as long as I have money I am a winner.
wrong. how can money be my main motivation when humans are social and i have said it before that by socializing one finds oneself. that is not the issue here. it is being arrogant and all the other things i posted.

so believe that my main motivation is money, that is your point of view, not a fact, but your point of view none the less that you have a right to believe. you do not pay my bills so why should i care what you believe?

Quote:
I have helped friends out in the past week. As well as the past month. I have IT qualifications, I help them with computers, they help me with their trades. I helped a mate out purchasing a new bike on the weekend. I am knowledgeable and helped him deal with salesman and get a good deal. He helped me fix up my suzuki because I am looking to sell it. All it took was 'mate, can you make me some brackets' Another mate was going through a few issues with his missus, I went out with him on saturday night, we had a good time, better then him sitting at home upset. I like to think that I have offered people advice which is more then 'it will be ok'. I have a very different way of thinking and analyzing things, which gives people a different angle to approach a problem. There is always more then one way to see things.
but did you really want to or did you feel obligated to? plus is this a two way street? i doubt it cus usually one only wants wants wants and not give and the other gives gives gives to be accepted. one always ends up loosing. maybe you are a door mat. hey, but if everything is balanced, then i’m glad things work out for you. but from what i’ve noticed, that is not always the case.

don’t tell me that you haven’t had any arguments with your mates. and that the arguments where justified. the arguments where cus of your fault. etc.

Quote:
The difference is you see people as a burden, I dont, I am more then willing to give because you get so much in return. Not just from friends but everyone. You havent held the door for someone and seen how grateful they are. Or the guy infront of you at the coffee shop is a dollar short. You spot him the change. Giving change to volunteers. What do I get out of that. Nothing but a thank you and not even that sometimes. The more you give to the world the more you get back.
opening the door is nothing compared to actually helping. i have pulled over many times to help stranded motorists. i have picked up 50-100 dollars from the floor that other people have dropped in front of me and gave it back to them. i have done many things to help people, BUT, that is not the same as them helping me. sure you feel good that you have helped (strangers) but what about people that you know on an everyday basis and you help? do they help you? the “thank you” gets old after a while and it turns in to “door mat.”

Quote:
I am moving to canada at the end of the year. For nothing more then the experience and self discovery. My friends dont want me to go but understand why. I have a friend offering a place to stay when I get back until I find a job and get back on my feet. What does he get out of that? There was no, 'dude, you should stay' it was man that is awesome, I wish I had the chance to do that. Followed by when you come back there is a room for you.
yeah, i see that but wait until you actually get back and see the truth. if he/she does come through, you do actually have a good friend, which is rare in my view.

Quote:
I work in support, I regularly come across things people dont understand, I reword it and try again. I dont expect people to know anything I do, because I can tell you they know a lot more about other subjects. Does that make them smarter or dumber. No, everyone has something to offer. So no, I do not judge people and call them idiots in my head, I do not lower my intelligence to be polite, I word things in a way they will understand.
support? i actually know people who work in support and what you just told me does not apply, unless you live in la la land. i will go ahead and say it, there are a lot of stupid people who go/call support. and i mean real dumb people. i have heard many stories. so if you let someone talk you down just cus they “think” they are right, is not being smart. it only makes you feel like you are wrong when you are not. "customers are always right" is BS.

Quote:
I am not denying that money is uber important for countries for businesses for people. What I am saying is that you can be happy without all the fancy things in life. That you can actually live a simple life and enjoy it just as much as someone with everything. Surround yourself with people which compliment yourself personality wise and you will have fun without even needing money. So you live on 500 a week and some dude is living on 5000 a week. You can actually be a lot happier.
but you did deny that money is not uber important by putting it in bold letters and by saying that you would rather be happy than have money. that is la la land talk. not focusing on money is a defense mechanism that people with out it put up.

Quote:
I earn less then all of my mates. Bar a student. Does that make me a kiss ***? Do I feel that they own me money, no. I am more then happy to cover myself and others when out. So what if I shout a couple of extra rounds. Or if they do. It all works out in the end. I have a mate earning 5 to 10x as much as me. And it isnt until you mentioned it that I even think of it. He does not flaunt money, I would never even ask for a hand out or expect anything for free. People dont walk around with their dollar value above their head.

I wish you luck earning all your money, it is never too late and it is possible for anyone. So I wish you the best. I have gone away from wanting to set myself up for the future. I am having fun now for a change and meeting people. Enjoying people. And it is a lot more rewarding then stashing money under the bed. There is plenty of time to settle down in the future.

I honestly dont care if I am smarter then someone, I assume everyone is smarter then me in one way or another. So I take pride in my knowledge but I respect others for what they know.

I think your interpretation of people is off. You as missing the part about forming friendships for what they offer, a friend. That when you gain happiness from other areas that you dont need money to buy things to boost yourself.
yeah i understand what you are saying and you should cherish the friendship, but everything is not equal. what you have is rare. the majority of the people just pretend this and that but they actually do not go through with it.

thanx for you input though.
post #47 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Seed

I didn't read all the replies to this thread. However, I did read the original and a few of the shorter ones =p. And, you know I think I've thought I was arrogant before but I've found just speaking my mind has helped me to realize it isn't really as bad as it seems. Even if I think it might be arrogance or judgemental or racist or sterotypical, I usually just say it to test the waters. Not ALL the time but with some things. I've had this goal of having the courage to say what it is on my mind to anyone. That way, I can see if what I am saying is true or is it really offensive or are they thinking along the same lines or is it no big deal? stuff like that. I worry about being too sterotypical sometimes though. Like with people who look like their gangsters or whatever, stuff like that. I thought I was racist for a long time but I think it is just misunderstanding that I've had and it can be tough trying to face these issues when you think oh **** I might really offend this person. But, I think it isn't all that uncommon and I've found talking about stuff like this usually helps. Especially with the people that I have these prejudgemental things with. It's hard though. I can say I've learned a little from saying what's on my mind.
post #48 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a joke?
is not a joke, if it was i would be laughing. i would not be saying jokes to make you laugh.

Quote:
You just told us your opinion. Yes if words didn't have definitions, they wouldn't mean nothing. I don't know what your point is.
what? didn’t i asked you what you thought was arrogance..

Quote:

what makes you think you were arrogant?
and you said...

Quote:

I would dismiss people if they didn't meet an immediate framework of how I thought people should act and think.
which is not the true meaning of arrogance but you flawed view of the actual meaning. HENCE,

Quote:
arrogance is not an opinion, it's a fact. and what you posted back as being "arrogant" is not actually being arrogant. that post is subjective. if the word arrogant didn't have an actual definition, it would not exist.
let me simplify it for you. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO ACTUALLY BE ARROGANT SO DON’T SAY...

Quote:
i was arrogant when I was younger.Less so now. 

I would dismiss people if they didn't meet an immediate framework of how I thought people should act and think.
that is false. so you don’t actually know how it feels to actually be arrogant.

Quote:
I posted to share my experiences with others, hoping to help or connect with someone else.

I agree that conflict isn't always bad. Many good things come out of conflict. But conflict for conflict's sake is completely idiotic.
BS. you posted cus you saw my posts and you didn’t agree with them. c’mon now. go watch some vandam movies.

you only posted cus you though you where right, plain and simple.

take it easy though.
post #49 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
wrong. how can money be my main motivation when humans are social and i have said it before that by socializing one finds oneself. that is not the issue here. it is being arrogant and all the other things i posted.
Sorry that was my assumption and it was built on what you have said. I dont really feel like going back to your original post but it went along the lines of making money and dealing with people afterward. Sorry that is what I took from it and my reasons were highlighted originally.

Quote:
so believe that my main motivation is money, that is your point of view, not a fact, but your point of view none the less that you have a right to believe. you do not pay my bills so why should i care what you believe?
Correct, I dont pay your bills. As I said, I am just going off how you have come across to me and most other people in this thread judging by their responses.
Quote:
but did you really want to or did you feel obligated to? plus is this a two way street? i doubt it cus usually one only wants wants wants and not give and the other gives gives gives to be accepted. one always ends up loosing. maybe you are a door mat. hey, but if everything is balanced, then i’m glad things work out for you. but from what i’ve noticed, that is not always the case.
I dont feel obligated to do anything, it is a friendship. I cant even explain this because I dont think about it when I do something for a mate, or if he does something for me. It is just how it goes down. I get enjoyment from helping a mate. I like the fact that I have someone which can help me in return. I enjoy my friends company, and will just hang out with them for the fun of it.
Quote:
don’t tell me that you haven’t had any arguments with your mates. and that the arguments where justified. the arguments where cus of your fault. etc.
Yep we have had huge arguments. Try being close to anyone and not having an argument. It will happen, does it take away from a friendship no, people make mistakes, people have different views. People have annoying habits. Does that take anything away from a relationship of any type. No. We are all different, we will always have differences.
Quote:
opening the door is nothing compared to actually helping. i have pulled over many times to help stranded motorists. i have picked up 50-100 dollars from the floor that other people have dropped in front of me and gave it back to them. i have done many things to help people, BUT, that is not the same as them helping me. sure you feel good that you have helped (strangers) but what about people that you know on an everyday basis and you help? do they help you? the “thank you” gets old after a while and it turns in to “door mat.”
Helping a stranger is not about getting something back from them, you get rewarded with the good feeling at the time. But I believe in karma and the more good I spread the more I will get in return. So if I am broken down, or have a huge bike accident people will stop and help. If I am buying a coffee someone will help me out. What do I have to gain from being an ******* to the world?
Quote:
yeah, i see that but wait until you actually get back and see the truth. if he/she does come through, you do actually have a good friend, which is rare in my view.
I have known this guy for 15 years, I have been good friends with him for a couple of years and a lot closer since I got my sa in order. I spend a heap of time with him, his partner and his family. Tell me, why would I take the view that he will drop me the second I leave?
Quote:
support? i actually know people who work in support and what you just told me does not apply, unless you live in la la land. i will go ahead and say it, there are a lot of stupid people who go/call support. and i mean real dumb people. i have heard many stories. so if you let someone talk you down just cus they “think” they are right, is not being smart. it only makes you feel like you are wrong when you are not. "customers are always right" is BS.
I deal with internal support, dealing with the same people day in day out. I know them on a personal level too. I know what they offer the company and the vast knowledge they have over me. I treat everyone the same from board members down. There is no customer is always right. If I know I am right I will tell them. they are coming to me for help, they want my advice, they listen.
Quote:
but you did deny that money is not uber important by putting it in bold letters and by saying that you would rather be happy than have money. that is la la land talk. not focusing on money is a defense mechanism that people with out it put up.
No, you were saying that money is everything. I am saying it isnt. I am saying earn what you need or what you are capable of, you dont need to be a millionaire to be happy. And yes I would rather be happy then have money. Hence why I have gone from wanting money, cars, bikes and houses to owning next to nothing and moving overseas. So me giving up all that and a stable decent job is a defense? I am sorry but there is more out there for me to experience and I am going looking for it. Sure I am not making a 'smart' move but it is my move and it is something which will provide a lot more then money.
Quote:
yeah i understand what you are saying and you should cherish the friendship, but everything is not equal. what you have is rare. the majority of the people just pretend this and that but they actually do not go through with it.

thanx for you input though.
What I have isnt rare, you just have to be open to it and give a little.

All I am saying is that telling op all this negative stuff about friends and people and how they are out to use you and waste your time is not going to help him. Telling him to go make millions is great, but it is all the other stuff about people just leaching off you. That is not true, there are plenty of people in this world which have not motives. They are genuine. I am sorry you havent seen this yet but I hope you do.

--The past is only the future with the lights--
--I'm Beat but cant be Broken--
Under Construction

post #50 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDamMan View Post
Quote:
This makes the entire thread

Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~Dale Carnegie
post #51 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
BS. you posted cus you saw my posts and you didn’t agree with them.
Now this is arrogant.

post #52 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Sorry that was my assumption and it was built on what you have said. I dont really feel like going back to your original post but it went along the lines of making money and dealing with people afterward. Sorry that is what I took from it and my reasons were highlighted originally.
is not about being sorry is about seeing the truth. what’s the point of apologizing if you don’t know the whole story. that does not change the facts.

i don’t give up cus i keep the facts engraved (main point) in my head. you feel you had something to go against me but you “don’t really feel like going back” to what i said. you want to see something else that i see wrong here? is that you feel like you know me by just reading one of my posts. it’s all good though. i understand that.

Quote:
Correct, I dont pay your bills. As I said, I am just going off how you have come across to me and most other people in this thread judging by their responses.
i didn’t come across to you about anything, you CAME to me. there is a difference. you felt like you knew the whole me by this/these post/s here. that is by just looking at the glass half empty.

Quote:
I dont feel obligated to do anything, it is a friendship. I cant even explain this because I dont think about it when I do something for a mate, or if he does something for me. It is just how it goes down. I get enjoyment from helping a mate. I like the fact that I have someone which can help me in return. I enjoy my friends company, and will just hang out with them for the fun of it.
dude, if you cannot explain this with this post alone. you cannot tell me “I don’t feel obligated to do anything, it is a friendship.” when you don't understand it. (or maybe you do, i just don't see it). also, you make it seem like being “obligated” is a bad thing, point blank. if someone helps you, don’t tell me that you don’t feel obligated to “pay them” back? it is normal. the thing is that one should take notice in this cus other people know this can/will take advantage of this and use it for their benefit.

Quote:
Yep we have had huge arguments. Try being close to anyone and not having an argument. It will happen, does it take away from a friendship no, people make mistakes, people have different views. People have annoying habits. Does that take anything away from a relationship of any type. No. We are all different, we will always have differences.
yeah, but lets break arguments into percentage. is it 50% and 50% or is it 10% and 90%. <-- the latter represents not healthy relationships, which is the majority. plus, are those arguments justifiable or are they provoked out of stupid things. think "MTV jack as*."

Quote:
I have known this guy for 15 years, I have been good friends with him for a couple of years and a lot closer since I got my sa in order. I spend a heap of time with him, his partner and his family. Tell me, why would I take the view that he will drop me the second I leave?
ok, knowing this guy for 15 years does not mean 50/50. i have known my dad ever since i was born and i’m the one ending up getting the short end of the stick. i know my brothers since i was born and i end up getting the short end of the stick cus my “dad” brainwashed them. also, i have known people who use to follow me like flies, but they only did that cus they “admired” me. what about you? if you are happy in this 15 year relationship than i understand. but if you want me to understand that by what i posted in the beginning in my drunken state does not have any truth to success, you haven’t convinced me. not JUST by telling me that you knwo this guy for 15 years, that is.

Quote:
I deal with internal support, dealing with the same people day in day out. I know them on a personal level too. I know what they offer the company and the vast knowledge they have over me. I treat everyone the same from board members down. There is no customer is always right. If I know I am right I will tell them. they are coming to me for help, they want my advice, they listen.
oh ok, this is more of a support to people that you work with. i see. but it is not the same as support to society, which was my main point.

Quote:
No, you were saying that money is everything. I am saying it isnt. I am saying earn what you need or what you are capable of, you dont need to be a millionaire to be happy. And yes I would rather be happy then have money. Hence why I have gone from wanting money, cars, bikes and houses to owning next to nothing and moving overseas. So me giving up all that and a stable decent job is a defense? I am sorry but there is more out there for me to experience and I am going looking for it. Sure I am not making a 'smart' move but it is my move and it is something which will provide a lot more then money.
i was not just speaking about money cus i said a lot of things. i will ignore that though.

i will tell you this, if it’s not about money, why do you work? why is it so hard to understand that money plays a big role in happiness? i’m not saying to just live for the money but just understand that “big money” brings a lot of pleasure which brings a lot of happiness. also, learn that money is not really that hard to obtain, if you have the know how that is. (which im working on).

still, money is not the devil.

Quote:
What I have isnt rare, you just have to be open to it and give a little.

All I am saying is that telling op all this negative stuff about friends and people and how they are out to use you and waste your time is not going to help him. Telling him to go make millions is great, but it is all the other stuff about people just leaching off you. That is not true, there are plenty of people in this world which have not motives. They are genuine. I am sorry you havent seen this yet but I hope you do.
i still will say that if what you speak is true, is it rare. i have never met anyone otherwise. i’m just taking your word for it. though it is not the whole story... 100%.

the only way i will listen to you is if you are mainly happy with your “friends”. you haven’t convinced me otherwise.

i can tell you about everyone that i know now that they all have friendship problems. the thing is that, even though they all have problems, one ALWAYS ends up at top (where i want to be). i’m not about to explain that though.

don’t feel "obligated" to type back to me though. i see the whole picture dude.
post #53 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Now this is arrogant.
you cannot say what being arrogant is when you do not know what arrogant means. go back ane read your books and learn how it applies in real life experiences.
post #54 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Permanently Banned

THAT"S IT, this place is suppose to be where we can come together to share a common experience not fight like selfish over indulged children, you're all facing complex feelings and issues you should all be willing to open your hearts and understand where each person is coming from and Mr Fixit I'm looking at you I thought the way you were speaking to that beautiful lady and making assumptions about her was disrespectful, I saw your story I know only what I see of your circumstances but THAT"S ENOUGH, you are a 32 year old grown man you can be angry with the world but you HAVE NO RIGHT to treat her that way.

DAMMIT this is a place where we should find common ground, I thought I'd come here and find down to earth sympathetic and compassionate individuals and I still have yet to meet many of you so I hold out hope but from what I see here (certain individuals) need a nice warm cup of reality (Wake up to the fact that you are insignificent in the grand scheme of things and in the end the people who will truly be rewarded with friendship, love are those who don't live in their own ignorant and arrogant little world.

If you can't behave and treat each other with the same compassion you wish for yourselves then if I could I'd lock this place down till 0900 (9am for non Military people)
post #55 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
wasd'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inst8 View Post
Am i the only one who noticed that arrogant people (or at least guys) are usually oversensitive? They act arrogant because they don't want to look like some pitiful "losers".
Absolutely. I noticed when i feel insecure about something, i try to overcompensate. Pretty pathetic really.

The the OP. Im not sure what to tell you. Maybe you are frustrated that you cannot relate to people and conclude that you must be too much for them.
post #56 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
you cannot say what being arrogant is when you do not know what arrogant means. go back ane read your books and learn how it applies in real life experiences.

I'd rather read your books.

What do you recommend?

post #57 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
in reference to the ridiculously drawn out argument:
i wonder who will have the last word...

to the OP:
it isn't easy being smart. it's hard to find a way to communicate as your true self without showing arrogance. i'm constantly working on being more understanding than allowing frustration to take hold - meaning, i try to humbly enlighten rather than belittle people. the latter can only ruin relationships...unless you're aiming to push people away (common in the SA world).

i know it hurts. that's life. if nothing else, it's life.
it’s real, and sometimes it fooking hurts,
but it's sort of all we have.
post #58 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 PM
SAS Member

Maybe its not that you are 'arrogant' but actually fearful that you won't know what to say to someone with normal intelligence? I'm not having a go at you but just stating an observation.
post #59 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtina View Post
in reference to the ridiculously drawn out argument:
i wonder who will have the last word...

Obviously not MrFixit

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...ent-ban-97161/

Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~Dale Carnegie
post #60 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
aw :/ i hope i didn't sound too snotty with that sarcastic comment...not that he saw it, i don't think?
i hope he gets his life in order & gets the drinking under control.

i know it hurts. that's life. if nothing else, it's life.
it’s real, and sometimes it fooking hurts,
but it's sort of all we have.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page