I'm extremely arrogant. - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:43 AM
kos
SAS Member

95% of the people you meet probably think you're socially retarded so that completely nullifies any form of intelligence you claim to have. 95% of people probably think they're better then you. (mods, that was a constuctive comment not a personal attack, so **** off with your infractions.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Permanently Banned

calichick,

please, you haven't been in front of your dad hitting your mom thinking he was going to kill her.

you haven't been in front of your dad with a rope around your brother/sister's neck while he is pulling on it trying to choke him/her cus "dad" thought he/she was being a "bad" son/daughter.

i just posted what i have experienced in life. i have had "friends" who would give their life's for me. i have had friends who would back me up if someone wanted to kick my as*, but it is not the same as having a true friends. those friends do not exists. "friends" only want to take a part of you. they are stingy and only focus on themselves. the only reason they follow you is cus you make them feel comfortable. so they are weak to me. they should be label as weak cus they only want to take and not give. tell me what friend gives?

true friendship is fake. i know this from experience and from others. but i don't want to explain it cus to explain it i need to explain how to avoid it. to avoid it is not to be a female, which you are.

tell me what friend has benefit you in anyway?

i know you are materialistic cus you are a female. a female looking for a male who is tall and good looking who has money = materialistic. tell me it is not true?

it is not the same to not focus on pleasing "friends" or "GF's" cus to do that is is to not be in control.

c'mon, i'm 32 and a 20 yr old telling me what's right please.. just stay out of my business.
post #23 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 02:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
I don't think I'm smarter than most people. My problem is being morally judgemental, which is ironic since I believe that free will is an illusion. I'm convinced that most people lack the most basic empathy skills, if they're not outright cruel and malicious, they're thoughtless and inconsiderate. How other people justify their behavior in their minds is beyond me.
Heh join the club. I am in the same boat. It seems these days having a conscience is to be anti-social. People seem to get away with bullying and stabbing others in the back as long as they have social skills. The victims keep falling for the same tricks again and again. It's utterly idiotic.

Maybe I just need a change of scenery, I don't know, but working in logistics, I have met alot of manipulative, selfish and immoral people, maybe that is why they are working in a warehouse, I certainly hope that is the case...

"The majority of people believe in incredible things which are absolutely false. The majority of people daily act in a manner prejudicial to their general well-being."

post #24 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

tell me what friend has benefit you in anyway?
Why do you keep making assumptions? I don't have a father. My mom is a single parent who worked two jobs. I come from a broken home. We can talk about this all day long.

Again, I'm very sorry you feel this way about friendship, but the OP is 22. He is around my age. No need to force this "friendship is fake," "everyone around you is selfish" "do what you can, don't worry about others" "manipulate, manipulate, manipulate" "females are a dime a dozen" "they will be slaves in the future for you" BS. It's absolutely ridiculous..

You are posting on a public forum, (it's no longer your personal business), maybe if you don't want people to discuss what advice your giving, then don't post it?????

Quote:
i know you are materialistic cus you are a female. a female looking for a male who is tall and good looking who has money = materialistic. tell me it is not true?
No. Just no. I would rather be happy than have all the money in the world.

That's a fact now.
post #25 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 AM
absurdinista

I felt similarly, but I released my frustrations on my friends. I would criticize things they liked, sometimes legitimately, other times just to be anal. I still hate a lot of the things they like- such as Sex in the City and Dawson's Creek and a whole slew of other crappy, melodramatic, materialistic corn feed for the masses, but for more harmless things I try to excersize some restraint, because even if what they're watching (endlessly) is garbage- not everyone wants to hear your complaints.

I try to walk a fine line between refusing to indulge in disgusting b.s. and accepting less harmful, but equally stupid cultural norms, haha. It's only fair. I have to accept that they're different people with different values and differen't positive attributes than my own.

For instance- I'd kill for my friend's sociability and I'm sure it's pretty frustrating to be around me when I can hardly speak do to brief sharp anxiety attacks that make everyone feel awkward, including myself.
post #26 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:15 AM
SAS Member

When I was younger I was quite arrogant in my thinking but like the OP, not in my behaviour.

As I've grown older (now 36) I've realised what a harmful and isolating attitude it was for me. If you assume intellectual superiority over other people you tend to dismiss what they have to say and feel them unworthy of challenging your views and beliefs. It's also easy to make false assumptions about them, usually negative ones.

I'm glad I changed my ways otherwise I'd have missed out on a lot of the stuff that makes us mature as people. I've still got a long way to go but I'm not stuck in some narrow minded self absorbed rut anymore.
post #27 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:13 AM
SAS Member

Am i the only one who noticed that arrogant people (or at least guys) are usually oversensitive? They act arrogant because they don't want to look like some pitiful "losers".
post #28 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 PM
RJF
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inst8 View Post
Am i the only one who noticed that arrogant people (or at least guys) are usually oversensitive? They act arrogant because they don't want to look like some pitiful "losers".
It's a great, big defense mechanism. They're repressing all of their self-doubts by fixating on how perfect, talented, or skilled they are, and how unworthy everybody else around them is.
post #29 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:38 PM
nox
Animal Lover

mrfixit, you sound like a psychopath.
post #30 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
a myriad of problems

I'm a pretty big elitist as well, but I don't really show it. I know it's delusional, but it makes me feel better, and isn't really hurting anyone else.

"You're too pretty to be weird and too weird to be pretty.
And you feel strange when people try to talk to you. So get a job, it's safer than art. Maybe people won't point and stare so much. Even if they're only in your head. Especially if they're only in your head."

post #31 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 PM
SAS Member

The truly better person has empathy and appreciates the strengths of others.
post #32 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
 mrfixit, you sound like a psychopath.
yeah it does sound like it. i was actually irritated (argument at home) and typing while drunk. that's why you need to say no to drinking.

there’s a lot of truth in what i wrote though...

in my very fist post i’m just trying to say that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with feeling the way the OP feels. i know cus i feel the same way, not because i want to but cus it just shows from the people i have met, people i know. i haven’t met one single person that i feel who is smarter than me, not book smart or trade skill smart but smart in general. i’m not just speaking cus i have a mouth. in fact, i have noticed that most of people think they know something when they actually don’t. they feel like they are better than everyone else when in reality, they are blind (ignorance is bliss). when have you met anyone that feels they are not better than everyone else (out side this forum that is)? they are not going to tell you this, but if you pay close attention, arrogance it just reeks out from them.

in my second post i tried to say the same, again, that “friends” come by themselves. that i didn’t follow adults advise but i just went with my heart. following my heart is what is getting me through life. again, just follow the heart and it is ok to feel arrogant. the key thing is that not to talk about it. (what everyone else does). and friends just come by themselves, you don't look for them. hard to explain.

you want to see how a lot of people don't see the turht? the OP is a good example. his arrogance does not compare with what society sees as arrogant. it’s obvious. the OP probably used the wrong word (arrogance) to describe his feelings but i don’t just go by words. do you even know the definition of arrogance? and do you know 100% sure what the OP posted is arrogance?

in my third post i was just saying that a female will never understand a guys mind.

my fourth post was fueled cus of assumptions “I am really sorry if you were bullied in the past,”. i was bullied alright (like everyone else has) but that was nothing to me. it is not the reason i feel the way i feel.

don’t judge a book by it’s cover. read my other posts and come up with your own conclusion. if you cannot do that, that is not smart.
post #33 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
let me see... who have i come across with that i think is smarter than myself?

no one... this is you being born in the wrong place. don’t make yourself feel like you need to lower your standards just so you can fit in with the rest. no. don’t lower your standards just might be living in the wrong place. it will pay off eventually. the people who see you as weird right now will be working for you in the future. don’t, ever, lower yourself down to fit in. for any female.

there is such a thing as being smarter than other people. forget them, think about yourself only. the other people are only thinking about them selves anyway.

just think about your future, and when you have the money and stability, you can lower your intelligence down and get along with the less intelligent. i know it sounds cruel and inhumane, but is the truth.

unless you want to get along with people who you think are lower than you than loose yourself, loose your future, and change your core beliefs.

money makes the world go round plain and simple.

what are your goals in life? ignore the rest. once you start making money the rest become slaves... it is true. sometimes it is ok not to have friends cus friend are needy. they take your energy and are stingy.

when have you noticed a friend that wants to help you? no where.

it is ok to feel this way. keep going forward. friends are nothing special.

if you need someone to talk to, manipulate. it's the truth. but you will need a second half.

i need another drink though.
Mate this is really poor advice, I am guessing that you are 32, multimillionaire now lowering your intelligence to fit in with the common to find a 'mate' and have a couple of friends. If not then you arent really as smart as you claim to be and your own game plan has failed you. If I was as smarts as you claim to be and so money hungry as you obviously are, I would want to be retired by 32 and trying to work out how to appeal to the opposite sex. Because I can tell you now with your attitude towards women no one would touch you, even the gold diggers would pass up the chance at easy money.

Friends... I have ones which will help me. Hell I will drop anything for friends. You have to give to get.

Quote:
let me think back when i was a teen...

a lot of "mature" people use to tell me that it was not ok to fight, but they never told me it was ok to defend myself.

a lot of people use to tell me that it was not ok to make fun of people but they never told me that it was ok defend myself from these bullies.

i don't know what made me not follow the "advice" from these mature people but i just followed my heart. it ended up showing that my heart was right than the "advice".

it is complicated but the world is not paradise. one needs to make it.

just follow your core beliefs... females or "friends" are a dime a dozen. that is if you can handle the journey. if not, never mind.
I am really sorry that you had a tough childhood and life. But blame the bullies, dont sit here and blame the world. Dont tell this guy that he should turn his back on the world and treat everyone else like dirt. That will get him nowhere.

Quote:
^ yeah cus you are a female, young, and materialistic.
I am a guy, I am young, I am not as smart as you and have less money then you. But I would not trade places with you. I am glad you think your life and yourself is so much greater then everyone else. You can keep it.

And the they will be working for you one day comment. If I walked in and had a boss like you I would quit on the spot, no amount of money is worth putting up with someone with your values and attitude. I doubt many people would stand for it.

--The past is only the future with the lights--
--I'm Beat but cant be Broken--
Under Construction

post #34 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
SAS Member

I kind of see where Mrfixit is coming from. Humans are by nature animals, and a lot of people seem to forget that. Our basic motivations for life stem from our instincts: nourishment, shelter, and sex. It may be a little extreme to say that friendship is fake, but there is some element of truth to it. After being introduced to some illicit substances (can you guess which ones by looking at my avatar?), I'd like to think I have a more understanding view of our culture and society, almost like I'm an unbiased spectator merely observing human interaction. I've realized that many actions by people are for self-benefit, directly or indirectly. Everyone is selfish, some more than others. It's a necessary part of life. From my experience, even the deepest of relationships are rooted around how you can benefit from it.

Just my 2 cents... my views may be a little warped but I've done a lot of thinking on it. Still a lot more to do.
post #35 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Mate this is really poor advice, I am guessing that you are 32, multimillionaire now lowering your intelligence to fit in with the common to find a 'mate' and have a couple of friends. If not then you arent really as smart as you claim to be and your own game plan has failed you. If I was as smarts as you claim to be and so money hungry as you obviously are, I would want to be retired by 32 and trying to work out how to appeal to the opposite sex. Because I can tell you now with your attitude towards women no one would touch you, even the gold diggers would pass up the chance at easy money.

Friends... I have ones which will help me. Hell I will drop anything for friends. You have to give to get.
is all good. i understand what you are trying to tell me. i have a problem that i do not know how to “sugar coat” my advice. i just speak bluntly. but most people do not understand blunt, they like it sugar coated. though blunt and sugar coated are the same thing. so i’ll admit that, i lack that big time.

now, what i wrote it’s not really that serious. i’m just speaking bluntly but i can guarantee that if i was to sugar coat it, you would not act the same.

let me see if i can try to explain it... this is what you put in bold for emphasis.

NOTE TO SELF: I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SUGAR COAT.

Quote:
forget them, think about yourself only.

lower your intelligence down

money makes the world go round plain and simple.

once you start making money the rest become slaves... it is true.

when have you noticed a friend that wants to help you? no where.
friends are nothing special.

if you need someone to talk to, manipulate. it's the truth. but you will need a second half.

lets take the first one “forget them, think about yourself only.” ok, tell me right now, who are you thinking about helping at this very moment. knowing that there are people out there needing help? or who have you thought about helping other than yourself in the past month? plus have you actually helped anyone. not with, “it will be ok” but with words and actions. have you helped your friend?

lets take the other bold phrase in consideration “lower your intelligence down”. have you tried to be smarter than everyone else. or should i say, do you show your smartness in public, literally? if you come across a co-worker who cannot understand something but you can, are you going to point that out or are you going to take note in you mind and say “wow, this guy is an idiot” BUT lower your intelligence to be polite?

the next bold sentence “money makes the world go round plain and simple.” like i said, a friend is not for your best interest, sure friends have good time (they have their purpose, but one should not just focus on that) but the friend who ends up at top is the one who takes control. tell your friend, “i need to move to another state to go to one of the top universities, i got accepted.” the friend is only going to be thinking, “man, he is moving away. im going to be all alone." so what do you do? stay to please the friend, or go to make top dollar and enjoy your future life? cus money does make the world go round whether you want to believe it or not. i have read books about money to not know this.

you think thugs in the streets hustling are bad... just read about how countries need to borrow money from banks and pay back interests, if they can’t, they get “PUNISHED”. (this is something that goes deep to the truth. but most just ignore it cus it does not matter to the average joe to be honest, though it happens).

buy a brand new shiny car. make your payments on time so you won’t get charged interests, see how it ends up for you. the dealer has to make a profit somehow.

make ONE late payment in anything, see how your bill goes up. it just takes one cus that's how they can charge you more legally (bend the rules). blah blah blah, it’s all about money.

lets take a look at the other bold part “once you start making money the rest become slaves... it is true.” actually they make themselves slaves. but slaves is not sugar coated so i could mean the same thing by saying, they become “kiss as*.”.... “i need new shoes but i don’t have any money”. “man, i don’t know how i’m going to do it but i don’t have next month rent.” that’s how it starts.

etc. etc.. with the rest.

i’m not a millionaire (i wish) but i know that it should not be that hard. that is it i didn't have SA. plus, i just found out i had SA last year and i’ve been manipulated by my dad till 4 months ago. i may be late but i don’t think it’s too late. a lot of people have made millions in their later years.

Quote:
I am really sorry that you had a tough childhood and life. But blame the bullies, dont sit here and blame the world. Dont tell this guy that he should turn his back on the world and treat everyone else like dirt. That will get him nowhere.
not having pride is not going to take you places either. one of arrogance synonym is “pride”. you can’t have pride if you want to succeed in life. so it is ok to be arrogant. but i think the op is talking about having pride and not arrogance (unless how he feels is a lie, cannot back it up). just be proud that you feel smarter than the rest. why? cus they all do it, they just do it unconsciously. plus, they don’t speak about it, they just do it. i see it.

Quote:
I am a guy, I am young, I am not as smart as you and have less money then you. But I would not trade places with you. I am glad you think your life and yourself is so much greater then everyone else. You can keep it.

And the they will be working for you one day comment. If I walked in and had a boss like you I would quit on the spot, no amount of money is worth putting up with someone with your values and attitude. I doubt many people would stand for it.
you can feel smarter than me, it won’t bother me. you can feel that you have more money than me, it’s the same. it all boils down how you feel about yourself.

should i feel like i’m lower than everyone else? just proving a point.

the thing is that people don’t actually talk about what they do to get this and that. or how they feel about people/society, they just DO IT unconsciously (like i mentioned before). what i try to do is interpret their actions and not what they actually say and i say it bluntly. like i said earlier before, my fault is that i say it bluntly.

thanx for the input though.
post #36 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
i was arrogant when I was younger.Less so now.

I now realize it was a defense mechanism to make myself feel better about not connecting with others.

Even if you are a genius, its lonely at the top.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
post #37 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Permanently Banned

^ or so you think. you haven't ACTUALLY been in the "other side" have you?

what makes you think you were arrogant?
post #38 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
A lot of this stuff is flawed thinking......from years of negativity.
It needs to be reversed, that's all.
Lower your expectations - people can be interesting .

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #39 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
^ or so you think. you haven't ACTUALLY been in the "other side" have you?

what makes you think you were arrogant?

On the other side of what?

I would dismiss people if they didn't meet an immediate framework of how I thought people should act and think.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
post #40 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
On the other side of what?
where the grass is greener.

Quote:

I would dismiss people if they didn't meet an immediate framework of how I thought people should act and think.
this is arrogance to you. you do this all the time. you are doing it by posting here. that is not arrogance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page