I have SAD and Asperger's, this explains my social confusion, and anxiety. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lightbulb

I have SAD and Asperger's, this explains my social confusion, and anxiety.

Social Anxiety Disorder explained my Anxiety, but Asperger's explains why I never know what to say, or how to respond in social situations. I wrote this article to explain Asperger's. Feel free to share if you like.
http://1icepop234.wordpress.com/2014...gers-syndrome/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Does anyone else have Social Anxiety and Asperger's?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Nice article! Kind of tired, otherwise I'd type up more, but I definitely have SAD. I have a LOT of Aspie traits, but it's hard to tell if I'm really Aspie as some days those traits are more apparent then others.

Couple questions:
One thing that really interests me on this topic: Can Aspies 'sense' other Aspies, even before the other possible Aspie even says a word?
Was wondering if you may know as you wrote the article.

The world is quiet here.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:25 PM
SAS Member

I have someone related to me who was just diagnosed with AS, as it can be passed down through genetics, it got me interested in learning more about AS. Though much of my own research, it could be very possible that I do have Asperger's, as I have many of the traits of a of a aspie, and it does explain why I act the way I do in most social situations, and among other things. Good job on the article!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lightbulb

My dad would likely qualify for an Asperger's diagnosis, and my brother who is now 40 in my opinion should have been diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism. My husband, who was my brother's best friend also has a lot of AS traits, but most of his are different than mine. He also has social anxiety, but again his symptoms are different than mine. Asperger's traits run strongly in my extended family, and knowing about it help's me makes more sense of some of my odd relations.

I have also noticed that a lot of the people I easily connect with, later tell me that they had a hard time fitting in and making friends at school. With most of them, I never would have guessed, because they are friendly, and as adults seem to do pretty well socially. I have a few friends that likely would qualify for diagnosis, and others that have traits, but likely would not.

Thanks for reading my Article! It is nice to get input from other people instead of just friends and family.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page