I Get Attached Too Easily - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
I get attached to ideas which are unrealistic, pursue things which are never going to happen, and most of it is just in my head. it takes me away from ****ty reality for a while at least.

Pursue things like what? I also like to pursue a lot of things which never really happen.....but its still possible with enough commitment lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:52 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
Pursue things like what? I also like to pursue a lot of things which never really happen.....but its still possible with enough commitment lol
like trying to make a game engine. I get obsessed with unimportant details when I've barely begun to make anything, get bored of the details, give up. programming in general is something I should have given up on a long time ago. I'm ok at it but I'm obsessive and I'm never going to work in IT anyway.

other things are just ideas that I think about but never go anywhere.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
like trying to make a game engine. I get obsessed with unimportant details when I've barely begun to make anything, get bored of the details, give up. programming in general is something I should have given up on a long time ago. I'm ok at it but I'm obsessive and I'm never going to work in IT anyway.

other things are just ideas that I think about but never go anywhere.

I recently finished a project that I put off for months because it was just too hectic and too much work.................but finishing it made me feel really good inside.

If you want some tips on dealing with stuff like this.....I'd say split it up into manageable sections so that when you finish each section, you'll feel that accomplishment and avoid boredom. And set aside a short amount of time to work on it whenever you want. Try to do as much as humanly possible in that time period. That way you won't feel like you're wasting time when you could be doing something else, because it wasn't really that long of time period anyways....and you'd be using it efficiently so its time well spent.

But if its something you truly don't have any interest in, then don't force yourself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page