I don't like sex - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
My family is Baptist Christian and not very open-minded. I doubt they even know what being asexual is. But they would most likely tell an asexual person that they’re lost and to “pray about it”. Yeah, I’m sure that praying is gonna change your sexuality. SMH. And sadly they jump to conclusions if you don’t fit into what they think you should be doing. Some of them have wondered if I was gay, too, because I’ve never had a boyfriend. I am definitely NOT gay, I am very much attracted to men. They just don’t understand how crippling SA is and that it’s destroyed my self-esteem and confidence. So they wonder “Why the hell isn’t she dating or even looking?” My sister asked me years ago “When are you gonna start having babies?” My mom b****es that she wants grandkids before I get too old to conceive. I mean really??? I can barely even manage to stay sane and take care of my own basic needs. I’m not ruling out having kids at some point... but at the present time - HELL NO.

Some people really shouldn’t have kids anyway. This is mean to say, but that includes my own parents. They shouldn’t have married each other or reproduced. They don’t know how to raise kids. Growing up - my house was as dysfunctional as you can get, with chronic alcoholism and screaming matches. I have a memory of being probably 7, sitting at the table coloring, while on the other side of the living room my parents are both totally wasted, with my mom being passed out on the floor and my dad not even knowing where he was. That’s a great image for a developing child to see, lol. It’s no wonder I’m screwed up. If you are unstable, please don’t bring a child into your mess of a life.

(sorry for ranting and going off topic)

No need to apologize for ranting . I was happy (well not "happy"but you know what I mean) to read it and maybe it helps you a bit that you got it out.

You don't want kids at least now? Lol..neither would I. I'm too self -oriented to have to bother with that. Ugh. Can you imagine it? But I wouldn't be that way with a partner. I mean, a partner who is adult can wipe their own butt and feed and clothe theirselfves without me having to do it and I can have proper adult company and i feel kids would get in the way of that. So I'd be happy with a woman who doesn't want kids. Ok, we're deffo compatible. I'll be your first BF. Lol

I think that's so selfish that a parent *****es at you just because she wants grandkids. If she's so desperate to want some, then bloody hell adopt some then. That tells me that she's not respecting you or your choice not to have any anyway. And she's not realising how much hard work grandkids is. Your life exists now before any hypothetical kids do.

So does your anxiety prevent you from like leaving the house and you're not even in contact with other people or guys and guys "traditionally" approach the woman? Or do you get approached and you give out signs of that pushes guys away or you just say you're not interested?

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
@KILOBRAVO

My dad did lol. He saw some character on a soap opera. There's no easy way to explain what my sexuality is though to people who want to know. Asexual doesn't cut it.
Lol. Im Glad that coronation Street or Emmerdale farm was factually educational for once . And they never assume bi either. It's always gay even still in complete lack of evidence of any same-sex attraction or any signs whatsoever. It's like no sexual history = deffo gay.

It's illogical. Altho I'm.saying this and as far as I know there's never been any assumptions about me other than straight. Unless people have really crap acedar opposed to gaydar.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 03:58 AM
blurry dystopia gif ☣️

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Lol. Im Glad that coronation Street or Emmerdale farm was factually educational for once . And they never assume bi either. It's always gay even still in complete lack of evidence of any same-sex attraction or any signs whatsoever. It's like no sexual history = deffo gay.

It's illogical. Altho I'm.saying this and as far as I know there's never been any assumptions about me other than straight. Unless people have really crap acedar opposed to gaydar.
You can get people to assume bi but due to there being less of a bisexual culture and less cultural signifiers it's less likely to work. See this handy instructional guide (timestamped):

https://youtu.be/lrwMja_VoM0?t=10m46s

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/lgbtq-i...iming-bisexual

It's basically all the same stereotypes associated with being genderqueer though and with being an on-screen villain. In fact many villains are indeed bisexual. Loki, Villanelle,

Quote:
Bryan Fuller said Hannibal is pansexual/omnisexual.
It's a bit messed up but I know it's because bisexuality correlates with certain psychological traits in real life.

Having said that it's only really possible most of the time to be assumed queer if you're male. Or well people won't make assumptions based on expression they'll just comment on how you come across but assume little about your sexuality unless it's much less ambiguous.

I think only really conservative people will assume that you're gay just because you've been single a long time, people usually need more material before assuming someone is gay. Also depends on how much you talk about dating/sex and with who I imagine despite being single.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page