Hypnopomic and Hypnagic Hallucinations - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Hypnopomic and Hypnagic Hallucinations

Was awake today just lying in bed in the afternoon and was searching on my phone.
Then I heard a drop like when a gumball drops from a gumball machine. It sounded like something fell from the bottom of my bed. After that it sounded like a marble was rolling on my floor for about 3 seconds. It sounded like the marble should have rolled out from under my bed. I looked at the side of my bed but nothing was there. The only thing that I can compare it to is that movie with Bruce Willis I think it's I see Dead people where the ring rolls on the floor.

A little bit about me. I've never done any kind of drugs in my life and I don't drink or smoke. For months I have been staying up at night and sleeping during days. I read on some site that this can cause hallucinations to occur. Do you think this staying up can cause this. I also do believe in the paranormal. I feel worried.

You had me at hello.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: Enlgish
Ive hallucinated on and off drugs. It could be just a one off thing so I wouldnt worry about it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 03:28 AM
SAS Member

I'd have a closer look around the floor of your room. Hallucinations upon waking up and falling asleep aren't too unusual, though. I've heard of someone waking up to see the cast of Sesame Street in the tree outside their window as a kid and I've experienced a couple of hypnopompic hallucinations of my own. One involved a ghost-like figure standing at the bottom of my bed.

As I grew older and more skeptical, I reached a point where I no longer believe in the paranormal at all. If you have the time, you might want to check out some podcasts like Skeptoid that have a lot of debunkings of such stories, or perhaps google the word "skeptic" along with various purported paranormal events that you happen to believe in. Realising how flawed the evidence is for such things might help to put your mind at ease.

I'm not sure if sleeping all day and staying up all night would cause hallucinations, but it sounds like something you should try to fix anyway. Especially if you aren't getting enough sleep, as that can definitely cause and exacerbate mental problems.

last.fm

Where are we each and all?
Creatures run and creatures crawl
Spinning here on this ball
Creatures run and creatures crawl

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Maybe you dropped something, or maybe you thought you were fully awake but you were actually still exiting your sleeping stages. Or maybe it was due to your disrupted sleep cycles. Anyway unless you have some kind of phobia of the paranormal or something then just dont worry about it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:26 AM
SAS Member

Language: Italian, English
My Mood: Stressed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
Was awake today just lying in bed in the afternoon and was searching on my phone.
Then I heard a drop like when a gumball drops from a gumball machine. It sounded like something fell from the bottom of my bed. After that it sounded like a marble was rolling on my floor for about 3 seconds. It sounded like the marble should have rolled out from under my bed. I looked at the side of my bed but nothing was there. The only thing that I can compare it to is that movie with Bruce Willis I think it's I see Dead people where the ring rolls on the floor.

A little bit about me. I've never done any kind of drugs in my life and I don't drink or smoke. For months I have been staying up at night and sleeping during days. I read on some site that this can cause hallucinations to occur. Do you think this staying up can cause this. I also do believe in the paranormal. I feel worried.

I used to hear the sound of marbles rolling on the floor when I was younger as well. It sounded like the sound was coming from the top floor (so against my ceiling). It would only happen at night and lasted for a while. For quite some time I would also hear the metallic sound you hear when you're pulling or releasing a small chain attached to window blinds (if that makes sense... that's what it sounded like). I would get up to ask people if they could hear that too but it would often stop when I would turn the lights on. It just stopped happening eventually.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Permanently Banned

Your bed frame or headboard is falling apart. Check your floor for a nut and washer that came loose.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 12:37 PM
SAS Member

Could it be your neighbors? Or birds/rats under your floor?

In my previous apartment i often heard something you described as a marble rolling on the floor... I never understood it, as it sounded to be so close, but i assumed its probably neighbors.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 05:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post

I can only see myself getting like that if i barely get any sleep and feel stressed out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 07:37 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
do you know about mind control microchips?? i dont know but i been having abnormaly realistic dreams lately with physical experience in them that my mind couldnt have produced, halucinations not yet tho

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page