Hypersensitivity (crying too easily)? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 05:04 AM
SAS Member

I am 13 and a teenager and I cry over tiny tiny things, for example, i fail a test and i cry for 1/2 and hour and i have broken my glasses. I am normally happy smiling, but i have a friend who is exactly like me except cynical, who bottles up emotions and has tryed to commit suicide. i think i have got something from him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangarabbit View Post
I get emotional really quickly and it's led to A LOT of embarrassing moments and has prevented me from confronting people whenever I have problems. Whenever I talk about my problems to someone, my voice starts to crack and I start crying. Even not-so-sad moments choke me up, like when I said good-bye to someone I've known for less than a year (it was sooooo effing embarrassing). Rehearsing what I'm about to say to people doesn't help either; I just end up sobbing and thus can't get a word out of my mouth. Argh, my hypersensitivity is really annoying!!! I can't seem to control that feeling at the back of my throat.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem to and what degree? Is this considered a condition?
I've been like that most of my life but it got less as I got older. To what degree? To the maximum degree there is. It was embarrassing I could never control my emotions, I'd cry sooo easily, at small things. Like you, when I'd open up to someone. When I feel like someone was rude to me I'd cry like a baby. Hearing of someone's death(whom I don't know closely) made me cry. Goodbyes even to someone I'm not close with tear me apart, I used to sometimes rehearse before events that made cry. A movie could make me cry for hours, a song , a glance from someone, a desire to have something /someone. Basically everything made me cry. I've been told many times I was sensitive.. highly sensitive and I hate it, this trait about me dominated my whole life basically . I'm not that sensitive anymore, but sometimes I do get that feeling back . It's like an on and off thing. I did tests online for being a highly sensitive person and it says I am, but I do cry less, everything else is the same.

I prefer the harsh , cold truth over a beautiful lie anyday.
post #63 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cheeky
huh, so that's what it's called. i've always had this and i thought i was just an emotional wreck. whenever ppl ask me what's wrong or if i talk about my problems, i start to choke up as well. even my mom tells me i'm weak at heart.

post #64 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 PM
SAS Member

I am very relieved to read these posts because I can relate to evy single one of them, and I have never met anyone who is as emotional and prone to crying as I am! I used to think that I was just overly sentimental because I cried at movies, heart warming stories, recieving gifts, etc. My daughters use my tears as a barometer to see if I really like cards or gifts they give me. "Moms crying, we did good!" Picking out birthday or anniversary cards is especially embarrassing, because I usually end up with tears streaming down my face in the greeting card aisle! I know it has gotten worse as I age, and I'm so pissed off and embarrassed by it! I wish I knew WHY I'm like this, and if there is anything at all that can help me stop the tears! Lol, I just realized that if I were making these confessions to anyone face to face instead of writing it here, I would be bawling like an idiot!
post #65 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:54 PM
stupid.

Yes yes me too! I cry over everything, it's so hard to control and it seems like the harder you try to hold it in the worse it is!

You're beautiful in your simple little way
post #66 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumball View Post
huh, so that's what it's called. i've always had this and i thought i was just an emotional wreck. whenever ppl ask me what's wrong or if i talk about my problems, i start to choke up as well. even my mom tells me i'm weak at heart.
So has my mom. She tells me Im scared of my own self;whatever that means. She always keeps tell to toughen up and stuff. Easy for her to say.

I prefer the harsh , cold truth over a beautiful lie anyday.
post #67 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 PM
SAS Member

I've got this problem too, anything sad if it catches me at the right time, tv commercials, movie trailers, cant watch any emotional news stories, whenever my kids do anything that makes me proud(no matter how small), tons of songs... I don't sob or anything, but I well-up, and anyone who looks at me knows I'm bawlin, Its really embarrasing. I'm even a baseball coach, luckily I can wear sunglasses, because whenever one of my players makes a great play, or gets a great hit at the right time, I feel like crying. I've been thinking of seeking professional help, what do you all think?
post #68 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Annoyed Kitty

My Mood: Grumpy
Oh...my...no way. THERE'S OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

I cry at the drop of a hat as well. Especially if I'm thinking about how overwhelming my problems are, whatever they may be. I really wish I could stop but I can't help it. My eyes just start filling with water and bam, tears are streaming down. Sometimes I actively try not to, but it just gives me that weird feeling in my throat that you get when you're trying not to cry.

All it takes is 20 seconds of insane courage to do something amazing.
/ Le hablé de ti al desierto, y llovió.
post #69 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
More feeling than doing.

Unfortunately I've struggled with the same problem too, ever since I was in kindergarten, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I have cried multiple times during oral presentations in class, when a teacher yells at me, etc. Basically anything that causes me to feel as though everybody's watching me and judging my every move. It starts with a lump in my throat, my voice starts to crack, I can't get the words out, and I feel the tears run down my face.
post #70 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Wizard at Hogwarts

My Mood: Stressed
My family started talking about school and I just burst into tears, and they were startled at first then they started laughing at me, because they have no idea what happened to me in school, and they don't deserve me telling them.

And I also think that bad things are going to happen such as.. my dog dying, my cat being hurt, etc. even though I know it's not true but your brain tricks you into thinking that it will happen.

Can't I just go and live on the moon.
I hope I'm away from it all soon.
Let me float up, and up, like a balloon.
I don't care if I only stay until noon.
Please just let me go to the moon.
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 AM
SAS Member

I know this is an old thread but am so pleased that I am not alone with the "problem". I am easily moved to tears by some songs, which need not necessarily be sad ones, and scenes in movies etc. I cannot control my tears, they just flow. Thanks you for sharing with me. I'm certain it won't stop my crying but at least I now know I am not alone.
post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM
NE2
Permanently Banned

I've recently been crying rather easily when false hope hits. I just face the wall and cry, and it's actually not been horrible - several times someone's come over to talk. I have no shame about crying in public and maybe that's a good thing.
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 01:41 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I only cry when people are really nice to each other. Nobody is ever nice to each other IRL, so I really only cry when I'm watching a movie/tv.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Permanently Banned

I tear up on the rare occasions where I express my feelings to someone, or during fights/confrontations. I ****ing hate that about myself. Thankfully my meds seem to be helping
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
examples?
Of people being nice to each other?

Like, when two people are fighting and everyone's unhappy and then one of them realizes that they're being a dick so they apologize and they make up. Or when one person really likes another person but the other person doesn't like them back and then the second person suddenly realizes just how wonderful the first person is. Or when someone sacrifices themselves so that other people don't have to suffer. That kind of thing always gets me.

None of that stuff ever happens IRL.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 PM
NE2
Permanently Banned

Quote:
#depression: when #parksandrec makes you cry because of the happy people with good friends
http://twitter.com/neroute2/status/581323857967104000
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 08:50 PM
SAS Member

My voice gets shaky and my heart pounds when I argue with anyone I'm not close to. It's something we can't control unless we practice confrontation. I never confront in an aggressive manner. Just keep your cool and say what needs to be said and if they can't take it, then don't bother dealing with them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page