How often do you drink..?? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #61 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 AM
SAS Member

Re: How often do you drink..??

Yes, but you haven't had one.

You're applying a double meaning to "White Russian" aren't you??

AIM: adamhoef

He ran because it grounded him in basics. There was both life and death in it; it was unadulterated by media hype, trivial cares, political meddling...It was all joy and woe, hard as a diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardrum

I know I haven't had one but I know what goes in it and what goes in it is delicious. =)
post #63 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseWithoutKeyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardrum

I know I haven't had one but I know what goes in it and what goes in it is delicious. =)
Oh, OK.

Yeah, Kahlua is one of my favorites, although I've only had it maybe once in the past couple years. I'm very good with limiting myself to a drink or two when I do decide to drink.

He ran because it grounded him in basics. There was both life and death in it; it was unadulterated by media hype, trivial cares, political meddling...It was all joy and woe, hard as a diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free.

post #64 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
subtastic

I don't drink anywhere near as much as I used to. I spent a good year or two drinking as frequently as I possibly could, usually every day when I knew I could drink without anybody knowing.

These days I split a 40 of old english (hey, don't hate) with my friend from time to time, but it's so rare. I don't actually like alcohol much anymore. When I'm not drinking, I don't crave it. When I am drinking, I do. I got pretty drunk at a couple parties over the summer and threw up in my hands at one of them, and it just reminded me of how much I didn't want to go back to that. I mean, at one point in my heavy drinking period, I was actually drinking in public bathrooms and bus stops in bad neighbourhoods. And at another point, I had a hysterical drunken panic attack that involved random phone calls and a 3 am visit to my house from the police.

I think I just killed this thread.
post #65 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pita
These days I split a 40 of old english (hey, don't hate)
I think I just killed this thread.
Hey, I used to drink the 40 ounce back in the day. Now I mostly stick to beer and red wine, and the occasional margarita. I drink about 2 to 3 times a week.
Drinking actually makes my social anxiety worse, so I have learned to cut myself off in an anxious situation.
You might have killed the thread, but I am bored and should be doing homework or in bed, so here I am... but it does seem like alcohol is not your friend, Pita.
post #66 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
SAS Member

I only drink if I go out with a friend which is generally once every 2 weeks or so. But when I do drink I tend to go pretty hard, like 10-15 beers over a night, which is like 15+ standard drinks I think. It's only when I'm that wasted that I can actually talk properly to people I don't know.. A few weekends ago I went over to my friends house and we had planned to go and see this dj, and decided to split a bottle of vodka beforehand in about half an hour. He ended up passing out in the bathroom whilst i was on the floor in the kitchen somewhere. I came to at like 3am lying next to a pool of vomit with my phone sitting in the middle of it. We ended up showing up at the venue at like 4:30 having completely missed who we wanted to see. Drink responsibly everyone..
post #67 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
SAS Member

Sheesh. That's some out of control drinking!

post #68 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 AM
going hazy

Wow, look what I'm missing.
post #69 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
SAS Member

Haha it's not usually that bad. In fact that the was the first time I'd thrown up for like 8 months and I was really pissed about ruining my "record". I definitely have more fun when I'm out somewhere if I've had a few beers, mainly because a few beers = more relaxed and confident = able to talk to people even girls etc. The "buzz" of being drunk is good too, but I mainly enjoy it because I can relax for once instead of being stupidly anxious around people. But my number 1 rule with alcohol is "never drink alone", which is a pretty easy way for me to avoid addiction since I'm alone most nights anyway.
post #70 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

I've drank alone, but it will just be 1 drink. In my college years I drank quite a lot (yes, vomiting). I've got no troubles now regarding drinking too much though. One drink is usually enough for me, and I drink MAYBE once a week on average (sometimes more, sometimes not at all).

post #71 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Heartbroken

On occasion when i'm out with friends at a bar, which it's not too often where we end up.

Being hungover is the worst feeling in the world to me so i would never do it all of the time.

Before you write... THINK!
T- is it true?

H- is it helpful?
I- is it inspiring?
N- is it necessary?
K- is it kind?

post #72 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:44 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mechanics
. But my number 1 rule with alcohol is "never drink alone", which is a pretty easy way for me to avoid addiction since I'm alone most nights anyway.
That is good if you feel that somehow keeps you in check...but drinking alone is probably the biggest myth about alcoholism if you ask me.....the pure definition of an alcoholic is one who abuses alcohol and is addicted to it....I have been known to pop open a bottle of wine or have a few beers when home alone and I am not an alcoholic....I throw on a movie, sip some wine or a beer, I see nothing wrong with that...most of the time if I have something to drink I am with my husband but not always...esp now that we have conflicting shifts and opposite days off.

Its not who you are drinking with that determines alcoholism. But if it works for you that is great....
post #73 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 AM
SAS Member

^
I wasn't implying that people who drink alone a lot are alcoholics. But meant it works for me, since I don't go out that often. If I went out every night it'd be a different story and could be easily classified an "alcoholic" I guess if I drank the amount I do once every 2 weeks or so every single day.
post #74 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
resident classicist

i usually drink vodka. i'm a social drinker (as in that's the only way i relax and handle myself socially). the only problem with this is that i get blackouts. blackouts scare me off alcohol for a good three weeks or so, but then i'm drinking again. and then i'll get another blackout. it's a system, not a good one but still a system.

ps - blackouts are one of the most anxiety-inducing experiences ever. just so those non-heavy-drinkers know. that right there is a good reason to never touch liquor.

"[Hillary Clinton] is a *****. And so am I. *****es get stuff done. That's why Catholic schools use nuns instead of priests. At the end of the year you hated those *****es, but you knew the capital of Vermont." - Tina Fey
post #75 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM

not much. i don't like the taste of alcohol and rarely enjoy getting drunk. occassionally i will though.
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Permanently Banned

I stopped drinking, however...for thanksgiving, I'll probably drink a lot of wine (for x-mas too).
post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM
SAS Member

I'm a potential alcoholic, because it affects me veeeery much.
Often, in a positive way.

post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
SAS Member

The occasional beer for me. I will drink before being in any possibly stressful social setting.

"If the only thing people learned was not to be afraid of their experience, that alone would change the world." -Syd Banks
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Painfully Shy Guy

I hardly never drink, because vicious alcoholism runs in my family like you wouldn't believe. Only problem is, if I go to the bar with my one friend just to get out of the house, everyone is boozing it up socializing and stuff and I just sit there in my anxious, terrified shell wishing I could just die watching them get to consume the one thing that might actually allow me to talk to someone for a change.
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:59 AM
SAS Member

barely ever, i get bad heart burn from it. An occasional beer when i go out or a sweet wine at home.

"Yeah well, you sing like an amputee though"

"Why?"

"Cuz, you can't hold a note, can't carry a tune" -Bloodhound Gang

http://www.livinganxious.com/girlncahoots

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page