Hearing Voices... - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 05:48 AM

A lot of people hear voices in life for one reason or another. Hearing voices doesn't necessarily even mean that someone has a mental illness. Yours sound very distressing though, and you need to see soneone and get a proper assessment - please go to your GP as soon as you can. I'm sorry you're having a really hard time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 PM
SAS Member

ditto

I've had many experiences with this too. its so stupid, so self centered. i know people arent actually talking about me, but i can still hear full conversations critiquing my every move. this happens when im in public, like on the metro or in the park. they are full and coherent conversations, that go on until i walk in the area that the sound is coming from.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM
SAS Member

Smile

i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Not sure the right place for this so here it is....

I was wondering if anyone else every hear voices due to SA...

Mine started out quite and just kinda rude then turned cruel, this angry voice (not my own) kept telling me to kill myself and that no one cared and so on. Turned out that it was a because of my SA.

Can anyone else relate at all?
i can relate to you i have depression and bipolar and i hear voices all the time i hear them now and i can not take it

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
SAS Member

"Auditory Hallucinations" could be due to Schizophrenia or Drug abuse ( hallucinogens like LSD, Ketamine etc)... for how long have u been hearing these voices?
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 11:58 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Good god, I would like to think I wasn't schizophrenic . I have been diagnosed with SA and nothing more - TWICE in five years. Auditory hallucinations and scary thoughts are part of anxiety- thoughts enter our mind and scare us.....to DISTRACT us from facing things that we are afraid to face.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:57 AM
kev
SAS Member

Yes, same here.

I usually will respond to these threads not due to narcissism but because I like to get the word out there that is not so uncommon as people would like to believe.

I have heard voices in the past and I don't anymore. At a certain point I simply realized that the voices weren't real and they stopped when I gained insight. Some people aren't this lucky though. It is usually a combination fo stress and genetics. And meds can help in the short term, even if they are not required long term.

If you would like to talk, send me a PM.

Get some fresh air. It will do you good.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
SAS Member

I hear voices in my head that are not my own, but of other people that I have known or still know in real life. These voices will usually develop in "daydream" like scenarios that will develop and get worse. They often taunt me or make fun of me in ways that they have done in real life. I have spoken to my child psychiatrist about this and he suggested imagining these scenarios resolving themselves in more of a positive light. I have tried that and it works but it is tough. It doesn't put me in a positive mood as much as it brings me back to a neutral mood.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Fun...Fluid...Formidable

My Mood: Breezy
There is a brand new book out called "Hallucinations" by Oliver Sacks and it is fascinating. By a respected Psychiatric researcher. It's on my list. Anyone "hearing voices" or hallucinating should see a doc and discuss. Many reason this can happen.

Anxiety-free since a quarter a' three...
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Permanently Banned

So they (he, actually) says I should commit suicide. Usually hear him at stressful times like interviews, appointments and social occasions. Any advice? I have made an appointment with my GP just now, but that is a whole week away! What should I say when I get there?
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Permanently Banned

He is rather insistent and eloquent - he makes a really good case. How can I possibly resist?
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

This happened to me too!

Apparently, sometimes anxiety amplifies things you're already hearing and then you make it out to be worse than it is..

but since you're hearing specific voices, you might be hallucinating. This can happen with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and maybe a few other things. I know a lot of people who have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia also suffer from SA, so you might want to talk to a doctor about it if it keeps happening.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Howdy

I have never.. see a professional you will get better

Yuck bacon
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM
SAS Member

I hear my name called and see people in my peripheral vision. I've also heard a few commands. I've been diagnosed schizoaffective, but I don't think I am. I've also been diagnosed with severe psychotic features, because of having harmful thoughts, but that's not psychotic to me. Is hearing voices and commands grounds for a diagnosis of psychotic features?
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:

Mine started out quite and just kinda rude then turned cruel, this angry voice (not my own) kept telling me to kill myself and that no one cared and so on. Turned out that it was a because of my SA.

Yes I can relate. The voice in my head is me pretty much talking down on myself. Like an identical twin that hates me.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 01:05 AM
swh
SAS Member

Anyone hear voices in sense what negative thoughts you are having ? You feel creepy or like a loser, then think you hear someone say these things ? I get this all the time.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 01:22 AM
SAS member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:

I "hear" my own voice, its a constant nuance.

But, your voice is wrong, because I care, so that proves it wrong.

- I now issue the call, are you ready to fight
Fight all together as one for the right to be free once again
Tonight we will win

I can see by the look that you have in your eyes
You came here for metal, to fight and to die
Defenders of Steel now we are home

Fight for the kingdom bound for glory
Armed with a heart of steel
I swear by the Brothers who stand before me
To no man shall I kneel
Their blood is upon my steel
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 12:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
When I was going through withdrawal from my SNRI I thought I was hearing voices and going crazy. If you're on any medication you might wanna check that out. Otherwise could be stress, sleep deprivation, mental disorder.. idk but you should go to the doctor especially if it's saying to kill yourself.

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown they prefer suffering what is familiar."

"It is important in life not to be strong, but to feel strong."

"Awkwardness is the spice of life. Be spicy."

"When life knocks me down, instead of getting back up I usually lay there like a lump and take a nap."
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 02:38 PM
experimental sincerity

I've had it perhaps twice, while on medication. The first time it was pretty terrifying - I could hear the voices from far away, then closer, then shouting in my ear and then receding, as if people were walking by. For 16 hours straight, I was exhausted by the end of it as I couldn't sleep. Nothing specific was said - it was like listening to passers-by having conversations. Still, a very haunting experience.

It's most likely a good idea to see a doctor if this happens while not on medication. A friend of mine was committed to a mental hospital for hearing voices. She's now out and doesn't tell anyone she's still hearing them - her solution is just to ignore them. Not an option for everyone, though.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 03:52 PM
SAS Member

I thought everybody had a voice in their head, even this book by Sean Stephenson describes the voice in the head that self attacks

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:02 PM
SAS Member

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page