Friend with depression - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Friend with depression

Hello, I have a friend who is currently depressed and I have no idea how to help. He is doing very poorly in school and this is unacceptable to his family. Also, at work he is very stressed out as well. I told him to seek help from a therapist but he tells me that he has no time to do so in between school and work. I do not know what to do, my SAD does not help either. Can someone offer some good advice PLEASE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
Hello, I have a friend who is currently depressed and I have no idea how to help. He is doing very poorly in school and this is unacceptable to his family. Also, at work he is very stressed out as well. I told him to seek help from a therapist but he tells me that he has no time to do so in between school and work. I do not know what to do, my SAD does not help either. Can someone offer some good advice PLEASE?
Trying to talk to your friend about their depression may help, or just letting them know that you there for him if he needs to talk about anything. With depression it's different with most people and all you can really do is just listen, or as you have tried, to convince them to try a therapist. You could also try small things to cheer him up by trying to spend time with him or just chatting over the phone or something.

I don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot, I hope he feels better.

-Don't be pushed by your problem's, be lead by your dreams.

-In the end, we regret the chances we didn't take.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page