Feeling like peoples are laughing at you or staring at you in the public - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Feeling like peoples are laughing at you or staring at you in the public

It becomes so worse that whenever peoples walk by I felt that they are staring at me. When I'm buying something if the other workers are talking I think that they are talking or laughing about me. Even at the house sometime I'll be thinking that my sister set a camera at my room and is spying on me and talking bad things about me behind my back with her friends on chat. Beside social phobia I'm thinking I might be a schizo as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 07:11 PM
SAS Member

I have a tendency to "personalize" (to understate it) things, too. Not necessarily worried about a camera but I do hate being stared at or watched. If I'm eating lunch outside a restaurant and a smoker happens to be there smoking and looks at me, it unnerves me. I had a stressful event a few years back and ever since then...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Looking for an argument

My Mood: Breezy
I always feel people are staring at me everywhere, its just stupid paranoia, what makes little ole me so interesting? Like especially when i'm standing at a crossing waiting for the green man, and there are people opposite i just feel like they're staring right at me but if i look at them they aren't.
I hate this paranoia, never goes away.

Bad luck for the young poet would be a rich father, an early marriage, an early success or the ability to do anything well - Charles Bukowski

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleofblues View Post
I hate this paranoia, never goes away.

Exactly. On a logical level, I know their presence is totally unrelated to me. Unfortunately, that doesn't help as things are unfolding.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 11:55 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Hate it when I'm walking through a store and I try to disprove the "omg, everyone is looking at me" theory by looking at someone...and they're actually looking at me... it's like, "lovely"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Grateful

I describe social anxiety as some sort of social paranoia. Mine is in the form of thinking someone will criticize me or point out to my mistake or flaw etc. I have a friend who has real paranoia about being followed or executed but he does not give the slightest damn what people would think of him.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenyBeany View Post
Hate it when I'm walking through a store and I try to disprove the "omg, everyone is looking at me" theory by looking at someone...and they're actually looking at me... it's like, "lovely"
I can't even look back. My mind is just like "Omg, they are staring at me."
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Social anxiety with psychotic symptoms. I think I might have it.
http://www.intarchmed.com/content/4/1/12
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM
SAS Member

I have this too. I just try and not look at anyone in the eyes ever even more so, so that I can't tell if they're looking at me.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 02:11 PM
SAS Member

I feel all of you on this one. I just have my phone out and always keep myself busy with a game of looking at my calender... its stupid but it my way that i cope. For some reason i don't think about it as much when im playing candy crush idk why but if i don't have my phone and anyone is around i know there not looking at me but for some reason my body won't understand that

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page