Fear of Intimacy - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
thatchicktoaster

Fear of Intimacy

Hello! Long story short, Iím an artist, and a musician dealing with a few leftover depression/trauma symptoms. I love socializing with people, I crave better relationships with people, and better friendships. I want to get started networking for my business, and sharing my talents with the rest of the world - someone besides myself.
Because I have a fear of being vulnerable. Iím the person wearing headphones and staring out the window in buses, or not quite meeting the eye of people my age, I rarely go outside - only when other people in the house are and I have to go. Iím so afraid that if people look at my stuff, listen to my music, theyíll criticize my creative choices, and/or not get it, or at worse, be mean, that I stopped writing songs months ago. I want to collaborate with other artists, but I havenít written a full song in a while because thereís so much I want to say and itís all very revealing, and most definitely controversial to the 100+ religious people I grew up with and am still too close to. Thereís no way I can live my life blocking my entire family and old community on every social media site. Iíve always been a little bit of a private person but itís hurting me more than helping me now. I just want to be okay with looking people in the eye and being confident in my creative choices. Anyone else dealt or dealing with this? Any tips would be heavily appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 11:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatchicktoaster View Post
Hello! Long story short, I’m an artist, and a musician dealing with a few leftover depression/trauma symptoms. I love socializing with people, I crave better relationships with people, and better friendships. I want to get started networking for my business, and sharing my talents with the rest of the world - someone besides myself.
Because I have a fear of being vulnerable. I’m the person wearing headphones and staring out the window in buses, or not quite meeting the eye of people my age, I rarely go outside - only when other people in the house are and I have to go. I’m so afraid that if people look at my stuff, listen to my music, they’ll criticize my creative choices, and/or not get it, or at worse, be mean, that I stopped writing songs months ago. I want to collaborate with other artists, but I haven’t written a full song in a while because there’s so much I want to say and it’s all very revealing, and most definitely controversial to the 100+ religious people I grew up with and am still too close to. There’s no way I can live my life blocking my entire family and old community on every social media site. I’ve always been a little bit of a private person but it’s hurting me more than helping me now. I just want to be okay with looking people in the eye and being confident in my creative choices. Anyone else dealt or dealing with this? Any tips would be heavily appreciated!
Good luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:46 AM
I'm Not Perfect

Language: English
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatchicktoaster View Post
Hello! Long story short, I’m an artist, and a musician dealing with a few leftover depression/trauma symptoms. I love socializing with people, I crave better relationships with people, and better friendships. I want to get started networking for my business, and sharing my talents with the rest of the world - someone besides myself.
Because I have a fear of being vulnerable. I’m the person wearing headphones and staring out the window in buses, or not quite meeting the eye of people my age, I rarely go outside - only when other people in the house are and I have to go. I’m so afraid that if people look at my stuff, listen to my music, they’ll criticize my creative choices, and/or not get it, or at worse, be mean, that I stopped writing songs months ago. I want to collaborate with other artists, but I haven’t written a full song in a while because there’s so much I want to say and it’s all very revealing, and most definitely controversial to the 100+ religious people I grew up with and am still too close to. There’s no way I can live my life blocking my entire family and old community on every social media site. I’ve always been a little bit of a private person but it’s hurting me more than helping me now. I just want to be okay with looking people in the eye and being confident in my creative choices. Anyone else dealt or dealing with this? Any tips would be heavily appreciated!
as far as the fear of intamacy. Yeah, I'm like this in personal relationships. I mean I'm fearful of saying I love you or even of having sexual interactions with SO's (not a virgin) when you go through sh** it just affects you its not like your feelings or issues will just dissapear. I've noticed pretty recently that the only way to move forward is to be open about the issues and confront it. I mean i don't know what you;ve been through but youll never get through it sweeping it under a rug. if you're having issues with making eye contact with people wear sunglasses and just practice looking at people even if its uncomfortable, they wont know you're looking at them. easier said than done with anything we all deal with here. social media is toxic for me, personally i only have an instagram to stay in contact with my tattoo artist. everything else is a facade and a bunch of bullsh** but thats another topic and discussion. as an artist not everyone will enjoy what you do, some people will think its stupid but fu** em. if it makes you happy thats all that matters.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 10:19 AM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

This is like over 80% the population including people who temporarily couple then dump, then settle situationally later in life

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page