Family members with disorders - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding

Family members with disorders

My problems must stem from my family members. My grandmother was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after going through labor, which she had to be institutionalized and stuff. Then she lived at home with me and my parents for 16 years till she had to go into a nursing home because of a stroke. Then my sister has SA/ocd/agoraphobia/depression apparently. I knew stuff was wrong with my sister because she ran away a couple of times I think and she couldn't handle being in college and almost left and she could never get a job. Whatever pills my sister takes must work pretty good because as long as she takes them she wants to go out all the time and do stuff as long as someone else is with her. She still can't get a job though. If she gets off them she usually has an episode where she stays on the couch all day. Then my grandmother apparently she did have paranoia, she was on meds I guess and she pretty much just sat in a room by herself and then would walk around the house looking out of every window, minus peoples bedrooms and she would ask questions, over and over again and she very rarely went outside.

Anyways, isn't it possible that these things are connected somehow? Is it just a freak thing that happened to us, bad luck? I'm worried that I'm at high risk of schizophrenia or something.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page