Empathy test - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored

Empathy test

Link for the test:https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/qui...e_quiz/empathy

Empathy Quiz Results

Your empathy score is 36 out of 110, indicating a low level of empathy in general.

Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you don?t have a strong ability to sense other people's emotions?the dimension of empathy known as ?affective empathy.? This means you may be relatively unaffected by other people's emotional states, and you may not usually feel moved to intervene when people show signs of distress.

Your score also suggests that you don't have a strong ability to put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling?the dimension of empathy known as ?cognitive empathy.? You may have trouble taking other people's perspectives, which may impede your ability to communicate and negotiate in personal and professional contexts.

"According to Astronomy, when you wish upon a star, you're actually a few million years too late.

That star is dead. Just like your dreams."-Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
Your empathy score is 87 out of 110, indicating a high level of empathy in general.

Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you have a strong ability to sense other people's emotions—the dimension of empathy known as “affective empathy.” This means that other people's feelings may be contagious: If they seem happy, you feel happy; if they seem afraid, you feel afraid; if they are suffering, you feel their pain. Your ability to sense others' emotional states may also make you feel more concerned about their welfare, and more likely to want to help them when they are distressed. Sometimes, however, affective empathy can increase feelings of personal distress when you encounter suffering, which can prevent you from providing effective support.
Your score also suggests that you can easily put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.” Your ability to take other people's perspectives may help you communicate and negotiate more effectively in your personal and professional relationships, and it may also make you less likely to rely on stereotypes when trying to understand others' behavior.

I already knew this, and sometimes I find it easier to not get as involved in things. Sometimes I also find the need to "protect" myself because I get so affected by things. So, sometimes I can't watch watch videos of for example animal cruelty because it will stay with me forever. I can "feel" what they are feeling. If I was to let myself get involved in everything I think it would have ruined me.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 AM

Your empathy score is 75 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

KUSE

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 06:01 AM
🧱

Language: None
Your empathy score is 75 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

Better than I expected. And apparently Kuse's empathy-twin.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 08:41 AM
SAS Member

Language: Fluent in English, Sarcasm and Backchat. Very bad at Spanish.
Your empathy score is 42 out of 110, indicating a low level of empathy in general.

I'm surprised it was even that high.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Wanted for questioning

My Mood: Innocent
Your empathy score is 3 out of 110, indicating an extremely low level of empathy.

Consider a job a a dentist.

What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks?

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:19 AM
SAS Member

Your empathy score is 84 out of 110, indicating a high level of empathy in general.

“Then there are other media, too, their role is quite different: it's diversion... The purpose of those media is just to dull people's brains; to get them to watch national football... or get involved in astrology or fundamentalist stuff, just get them away, get them away from things that matter. And for that it's important to reduce their capacity to think.”
― Noam Chomsky
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Stoic Hobo

Your empathy score is 74 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

I think that I lost points on all the questions where I had to realize what another person needed/wanted etc. I have learned that I am usually absolutely sure what is going on in another's head, however, I am totally wrong in my guess 99% of the time Chalk it up to Asperger's.

You know, I wonder if on line communication is as meaningful to me as IRL communication, since seeing a person's IRL body language only confuses me. Especially since I usually don't look at faces much.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
(Mick Jagger)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Wow, I scored 108 out of 110. I guess I am pretty damn empathetic. I'm a softy.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:44 AM
!

My Mood: Drunk
55/110
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:22 PM
SAS Member

80/110
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:38 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Your empathy score is 110 out of 110, indicating a high level of empathy in general.

It turns out self-reporting transparent questions make manipulating the results of the test easy.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

Shouldn't manipulate them 🙃
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:39 PM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
80/110

Me too

Dont just do something. sit there !!

Southampton FC
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:52 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
I got a 93/110 but I don't really feel quite that empathetic...
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:58 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I scored a 99 it was difficult to answer some of the questions because I have no friends, so I had to pretend that I do. I tell you, I'm way too nice to my imaginary friends.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 02:00 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
Shouldn't manipulate them 🙃
The point is that the questions are easy for the user to put whatever they want, knowingly or not. I could ask you a question like, "How good are you at cooking eggs?" and you could reply, "I'm terrible." or "I'm great at cooking eggs." and both of those answers are based on your own judgments of your own ability instead of any fair test of skill. The reality could be that you're wrong about your ability to cook eggs, and very often people over or under estimate their ability to perform tasks.

Empathy is probably the one thing that is the worst thing to self-report on, because you don't know how good you are at empathy since it's by definition how accurate your ability to to understand someone else, not how well you feel like you understand someone else.

To accurately test empathy you have to put someone into a situation where it tests it without their knowing about it. Since it's considered to be a virtuous trait people will often make a claim that they are empathetic when in fact they're selfish and shortsighted who want to believe they're empathetic because it makes them feel good about themselves. Something like the Milgram experiments are a pretty good test of empathy. 100% of the 40 participants of the original experiment delivered 6 times a lethal amount of voltage to the actor. That should give you a good litmus test about how people are.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 02:05 PM
SAS Member

Well yeah for an online test I wouldn't claim it's either valid or reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
I tell you, I'm way too nice to my imaginary friends.
Lol 😆
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 03:22 PM
SAS Member

^ That's why when I'm upset I feel the need to talk things through. Because I need to understand why the other person did the thing.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 06:03 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
82 out of 110

Your score also suggests that you have a moderate ability to put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.” Your ability to take other people's perspectives may sometimes help you communicate and negotiate more effectively in your personal and professional relationships, and it may also make you less likely to rely on stereotypes when trying to understand others' behavior.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page