Eating Disorders? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Positively Revolting Hag

I don't know about anyone else but I whenever I watch/read something on anorexia I find it very triggering. Am I the only person like this? I don't even know why, either.

I also don't know why doctors and psychologists seem to think that I'm cured because I'm eating. I eat with a lot of guilt on my shoulders. I don't think that's very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Cookie Wisdom;
Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
SAS Member

Oh my God yes. I stopped watching soaps because of it. And how at the end of them it says "if you know someone with an eating disorder get help immediately" a lot of the time there IS no help. Like how you say because you're eating they think you're ok. I had my first therapy appointment but at the time I was eating and not purging so I felt guilty getting help.

About the triggering, do you think subconsciously it's to do with a weird kind of competition?
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Ansiosa social

I don't think i have an ed, but i sometimes dont like myself
when i'm too anxious or nervous i can't eat or i feel i will throw up but lost of people feel the same way

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 AM

I'm a wrestler.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 10:04 AM
SAS Member

I used to have issues with food, based on fear of vomiting I'd eat small amounts and always be hungry. It never came close to anorexia or bulimia it was just overthinking food, I became obsessed with what I was going to eat and tried to control it as if I knew when and what to eat regardless of hunger or taste.

What got me out of it was a vain reason, not eating ages you, I'm weaning myself off the Christmas excesses now.

The biggest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid of making one-Elbert Hubbard
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 11:32 AM
has left the building

Suppose I'm one of the lucky ones who had/have them all. You name it, chances are, at some point I had it.

Since I was a little brat and up until I was 21, I was fat... actually obese is the better word here. I blame global worming for this one, but binge eating might have had a small contribution too.

Then I starting losing weight and eating normal. That didn't last long.

I reached what BMI would consider normal weight, but c'mon, I still looked and felt fat, however I couldn't lose any more. Here's where good ol' anorexia came handy and got to a decent weight.

Again the eating normal thing, but it went out of style soon. I wanted to be thinner, so why not try the lovely bulimia? I did it's job for a while, but I lost interest in it too.

Now I'm at a point where I do a combination of eating normal, binge eating and fasting... a little less ont bulimia these days.

Guess I'll always have weight issues. It kinda sucks...
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Fall 7 times, stand up 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryjulius View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I whenever I watch/read something on anorexia I find it very triggering. Am I the only person like this? I don't even know why, either.

I also don't know why doctors and psychologists seem to think that I'm cured because I'm eating. I eat with a lot of guilt on my shoulders. I don't think that's very good.

I can totally relate about triggers and feeling guilty to eat.

I've been struggling with eating for a long time. When I was nine, I stopped eating lunch at school because I was afraid I would get sick (I began to feel nauseous in the morning, probably because I didn't eat breakfast). Then I began to eat again until I was 13. I was really nervous about a boy seeing me eat at school so I stopped. I decided the stares and comments about not eating were worth not looking messy or whatever.
By age 15, losing weight turned into an obsession. I would eat a little, then exercise until I nearly passed out. My friends went to the school counselor and said they were worried about me. The counselor told me to see a doctor in order to determine if I'm "fat enough to diet." I was 122 pounds, and felt 200.
I didn't eat lunch again until senior year of high school. I ended up losing 7 pounds naturally, and have kept it off. But I still suffer from bouts of low blood sugar and low blood pressure.
Now I feel myself slipping back into this disordered eating because I'm feeling really depressed again. The problem is that it's soo easy at college to not eat and no one know.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:16 PM
SAS Member

yea i got EDNOS. I mostly have poor self image, addicted to the feeling of being skinny. I feel terrible when i feel fat. Its all a huge cycle. But good news, its almost gone. I hear it takes a while

chea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page