DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutnutnut
Depression?
One of the consequences of depression is to have no more interest in anything at all.
For the most part, that's true. In my case, depression causes lack of interest in activities and more stressful socialization but I don't stop caring about the people that are close to me. If anything, those people keep me as sane as is humanly possible.

In general, I used to care about people in general (yes, in spite of being an anxious wreck most of the time, I do love people in general...), in the last 10 years or so, I only care about the people that are immediately in my life. I attribute that to emotional exhaustion. It just takes too much energy to be involved in more than a few people's lives at a time for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 AM
SAS Member

re: DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE

I used to be this way, not caring about anyone.
I've changed over time and now I feel that I care too much.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 03:45 PM
SAS Member

I used to think that I didn't care about people, 'cause when people told me stuff like "Oh, my pet died," I could give a shyte, but if I made that same person feel bad by mistake, I would feel totally bad because I hurt them. So I think there's different levels of caring, and I think as a general consensus most people don't care about other's trivial issues, because we all have our own stuff on our minds to worry about.

You'll never be in love like you were the first time you heard the first lines of your favorite song

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM

I UNDERSTAND.....years ago i had no interest in anyone or anything unless it revolved around dealing with my inner issues. even if someone wanted to talk to me about what was going on with me, i didnt know how to communicate properly and was too embarassed to discuss my issues as well. i would also become irritable and not say my total feelings or thoughts.

i think the reason why we dont care about anyone or anything is because we are so preoccupied with whats going on within us, in our minds. we have things we need to resolve or come to terms with before we can focus on other things or ppl. were just too distracted and irritated by our feelings.

our thoughts are what is distracting us from communicating properly.

right now i try real real hard to push my thoughts aside and to focus on the other person. i think its for the best. im learning from them and am feeling more confident with myself. its hard though.

it will take time to get to this point though but it is possible. it takes commitment and perserverance and a positive attitude, but trust me it will pay off in the end.

i think you have to feel comfortable with yourself and your life before you can start to feel comfortable around others.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM

I only care about a few members of my family, and even then I only see two of them reguarly. Other people I just don't care about.

Probably the main reason I can't do penpal stuff, or emails
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:42 AM
SAS Member

Re: DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagotmee
anyone just not care about anyone? (maybe bc nobody cares about me).
For instance, my sister is opening a cafe with her bf and I told her I'm happy for her and asked her what she's gonna name it. (I was pretending to care but honestly, I don't). It just sounds like the right thing to ask.

even on here I might read someone's story or problem I can't really give any advice bc I just don't genuinely care ya know?

I find it extremely hard to have a conversation with someone because I just don't give a flying ***** to hear about their life. It doesn't interest me, it seems like nothing interests me. Not even book characters. (I can pretend I care about the people I speak to but I'm really just worrying about how they're perceiving me, which means the conversation is just really bland).

(unrelated)
Has anyone heard of Alogia? Thought poverty? There's not much info on it online but I think I have it.

I get like that a lot, my sister told me she was pregnant, I know I should have been happy, I know I should say something good. So I give the expected reaction and say the expected thing when I'm not thinking or feeling either. My mate calls me on the phone, starts crying, that's how bad things were getting, I didn't feel anything, gave the expected reaction.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
gone

Me either. I just can't pretend to care while I don't. I really only care about myself. If that makes me selfish then so be it.

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Spectacular Member

I have a hard time caring about anyone else.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 03:36 PM

Re: re: DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by down123
I UNDERSTAND.....years ago i had no interest in anyone or anything unless it revolved around dealing with my inner issues. even if someone wanted to talk to me about what was going on with me, i didnt know how to communicate properly and was too embarassed to discuss my issues as well. i would also become irritable and not say my total feelings or thoughts.

i think the reason why we dont care about anyone or anything is because we are so preoccupied with whats going on within us, in our minds. we have things we need to resolve or come to terms with before we can focus on other things or ppl. were just too distracted and irritated by our feelings.

our thoughts are what is distracting us from communicating properly.

right now i try real real hard to push my thoughts aside and to focus on the other person. i think its for the best. im learning from them and am feeling more confident with myself. its hard though.

it will take time to get to this point though but it is possible. it takes commitment and perserverance and a positive attitude, but trust me it will pay off in the end.

i think you have to feel comfortable with yourself and your life before you can start to feel comfortable around others.
Nice response. I also think that though it may be difficult to offer compassion to another especially when you have your own problems, it is not only still very possible to do so, but also a wonderful way to catalyze your own healing because of it.

Often I find myself being too caring, perhaps to the point of being annoyingly smothering. At that point, my inclination is to withdraw significantly, but I try hard to remain a potential outlet for when someone may wish to reach out again. Other times I've just become so burned out that I prefer to be completely reactive and receptive to others' outcry rather than proactive. In the back of my mind I also yearn for someone to do the same for me as well.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 AM
R.I.P. Do not contact.

I realized I was completely cold to everyone this week when my brother woke me up with his arm in a sling and told that he and his friend got in a serious car accident as a result of a drunk driver. He could have easily been killed and yet while he told me the details of his head crashing through the window, and so on, I was more focused on checking my email for the day. I couldn't care less about anything as long as I'm not affected. Even when I hurt people accidentally and apologize for it, I'm never actually sorry and I even feel a little pleasure from it. I'm pretty much everything I hate about other people.
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagotmee
anyone just not care about anyone? (maybe bc nobody cares about me).
For instance, my sister is opening a cafe with her bf and I told her I'm happy for her and asked her what she's gonna name it. (I was pretending to care but honestly, I don't). It just sounds like the right thing to ask.

even on here I might read someone's story or problem I can't really give any advice bc I just don't genuinely care ya know?

I find it extremely hard to have a conversation with someone because I just don't give a flying ***** to hear about their life. It doesn't interest me, it seems like nothing interests me. Not even book characters. (I can pretend I care about the people I speak to but I'm really just worrying about how they're perceiving me, which means the conversation is just really bland).

(unrelated)
Has anyone heard of Alogia? Thought poverty? There's not much info on it online but I think I have it.
It is a way of coping with anxiety/depression, it happens to a lot of people
Apathy about people and personal issues (money/property/health)

And people only care only about themselves and their close families/friends on an evolutionary basis. If you cared for everyone indiscriminately you couldn't function.
Don't think you are cold or a heartless *******, you probably just don't pretend to care like most people
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 AM
SAS Member

I can identify with this. Although I'm much more alone due to my non-caring attitude, not having to hear other people ***** and moan about nothing is well worth it.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Permanently Banned

Probably depression.
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:56 PM
SAS Member

I don't care about the majority of people. Even if I try to care... however there are a few that get through the barrier and those I care about IMMENSELY!

... I also care about animals and my students way to much...but coworkers, family members, ect... I can't even make myself pretend to care. I'm just cold.

I wouldn't say it is because they don't care about me... a lot of them seem to care... I just don't feel an interest in their lives. I don't wish harm on them... I'm just indifferent to seeing/knowing about their world.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page