Does anyone else stay home all day? - Page 28 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #541 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 01:30 AM
SAS Member

i stay home if i can. i'd like to be able to not leave the house for weeks (maybe more than a month), but that's not an option right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 03:13 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I'm the same. I work pt only 3 days and the rest of the time I stay at home alone watching movies, reading and exercising. I used to have some friends and would go out a lot but due to my SA and anxiety/depression I drove them all away and I withdrew more into my own world. Now it's all I know and I wonder if I'll be this way for the rest of my life. It's a sad way to live I know but I'm glad I'm not the only one who is like this. I actually prefer the company of animals these days...as at least they don't judge or criticise you.
post #543 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 04:41 AM
Tired of the nonsense

My Mood: Tired
Yes animals are simple beings. They just live their life. I respect that.

If I only had a job I could do from home. I wouldn't leave the house.

post #544 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Hermit

My Mood: Scared
I don't leave the house anymore, maybe when my family forces me to go for grocery shopping.
I used to hang out now and then when I still had friends one year ago. I was leaving the home also to go for solo cycling or mountaineering, but since I damaged my knee and being friendless, there's no reason to leave the home. So I am almost home all days of the week for the past 9 months or so.
I am scared to leave the house, since the more time I spend in, the more difficult to leave it. I didn't have this fear one year ago.
post #545 of 547 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
littleghost

My Mood: Bashful
I leave the house a couple times a week because I force myself to. There's a lot of places I find it hard to go. There's only about a half a dozen places that I usually go to. Otherwise, I'm at home.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ...Eleanor Roosevelt
post #546 of 547 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Negativity Triggerer.

When I first got my very own place living alone, few about a half a year I only go outside for work and groceries. Because it was my own place my own comfort zone and no other people noticing that I rarely go outside. When I was living with others, even when i didn't want to go outside, I force myself to go out frequently alone just because I didn't want housemates to notice I don't go out and judge me for not having a social life. I did the same too when i was living with my parents. If I didn't go out for weekends, my parents will start to comment why I don't go out and they will start to get worry that I am a loser lol. I force myself to then simply to put up an appearance for others.
post #547 of 547 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 02:20 AM
Porcupine Tree

Yes. I have trouble leaving my dorm room just to go to classes.

You cannot find peace by avoiding life. -Woolf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page