Does anyone else stay home all day? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioGirl View Post
I read a thread that asked what people do for a living. I felt like a loser saying that I get government support. Does anyone else have agoraphobia or something like it? I really don't leave my house much. Can stay inside for weeks at a time. Ahh. I hope I'm not the only one.
Yeah I have agoraphobic tendencies too, and generally spend the vast majority of my time at home. The only time I really go out is when absolutly neccesery ie; to buy groceries, attend appointments and such.

It wasn't always like this, back when I was in school I had a close group of friends, a few girlfriends, even attended the occasional party, but after school ended, I started to get worse I guess and withdraw from society, nowdays I don't have many in real life friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 AM
SAS Member

I quit my job back in May. I do not have agoraphobia or anything like that but I do have SA and that is enough to keep me inside. The problem is that I have two kids and I do have to get a job but I can't seem to bring myself to do it because of my anxiety.
post #23 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_morrison View Post
Yeah I have agoraphobic tendencies too, and generally spend the vast majority of my time at home. The only time I really go out is when absolutly neccesery ie; to buy groceries, attend appointments and such.

It wasn't always like this, back when I was in school I had a close group of friends, a few girlfriends, even attended the occasional party, but after school ended, I started to get worse I guess and withdraw from society, nowdays I don't have many in real life friends.
You said what I was going to say.

post #24 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Permanently Banned

I'm at home all day usually, except when I have appointments or have to help do the weekly grocery shopping.

It's not as if I have any friends or a special someone to go out and do stuff with, so I'm just on the PC most of the time or watching TV. My life's a joke.
post #25 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM
o_O

I stay in. Sometimes a few days in a row. When there's no school, I only go out, like, once a week to run some errand, and to church. Otherwise, I have no friends and no job, and going out alone depresses me because it only reminds me of how lonely I am.
post #26 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Aspergian

I leave the house maybe once a week or two at most but only because I have to, I'd like to get out more often but I have no friends to do anything with.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #27 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Pretty much. I don't have any money, so no chance to drive anywhere unless my dad lets me borrow a few bucks. Which he rarely does. Naturally without any friends no one invites me anywhere, and if they did I'd probably decline. It'd still be nice though, just to have someone who enjoys my company. The lack of transportation isn't such a detriment really, even when I had a job the only times I went out were to see a movie or fish.
post #28 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelynn View Post
It's okay, I get $726.
Sometimes I wonder how I'd ever live alone if I wanted to, there would be no way I could afford it! An apartment here would be around $600-900 a month. That doesn't leave room for other bills even at the lowest price!

Ty for answering. Actually, I used to get the same exact amount as you, even a little less. When I moved out and showed them the lease, they immediately increased it. I am positively sure you will be able to move out. I think you can probably get more than me because where I live the ssi is lower (the government pays less into it because so many people want it) so I only got $715 or something around that when I first got approved. My social worker took me to see apartments and they gave me their lease. I went to the ss office and and showed it to them plus utilities and they said theyd give me around 1100. Obviously you don't need a social worker to do this, but mine just 'had' to go with me. The other option is to save for one month's rent and then move, then have them increase it.

Again thank you for answering, ahh I felt so weird asking you.

And I find it kind of funny;
I find it kind of sad ;
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had;
I find it hard to tell you;
I find it hard to take;
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad World.
post #29 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

Sometimes I feel like if I had one day out of the week to do nothing but sit in my pajamas and eat junk food and watch TV, I would get my "stay at home" tendencies out of my head enough for the other six days of the week, and do better when I'm out. But my family would think I was weird if I did that.
post #30 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Permanently Banned

I usually do because I have nowhere to go really. I hate not having friends. I might go to community college next year and start getting out more.
post #31 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
SAS Member

I would stay home except I am taking college courses. But if I wasn't I would stay in my room all day listening to music.

post #32 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
SAS Member

When I'm not working, yes.
post #33 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
SAS Member

I have a job during the week, but on weekends I'm mostly at home. Being visually impaired doesn't help much either; it's not like I can just get up and go wherever I please. SA has really limited my social life, so finding a driver is always difficult. I eventually want to move to a big city so I can have more freedom.
post #34 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
SAS Member

I work out of a home office . So unless I really have to I stay here most of the time. And when I do have to go travel for work it painstaking( 2 or 3 times a month) . I have been trying to get the courage to look for a job (One where I am actually in an office with people ) but I just don't .
post #35 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
SAS Member

I spend alot of my time in because i have nothing to do, I'm also on ssdi. I dont currently have agoraphobia, i did experience it for a while a couple years back. I wouldn't leave the house even going to the store was a big anxious project and i put it off as long as I could. I'm alot better now but still have really bad anxiety, today i was thinking about how much my anxiety imprisons me it really made me sad.
post #36 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
BadMistakesGoodIntentions

I stay at home all day & it's VERY boring.I try to organize outings with my friends but some of them invent excuses or just cancel last minute (they have isssues too). I get depression over the summer because everyone is having a fun time except for me.
post #37 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

i stay home a lot more these days since i quit my job. most of the time all day. i try to motivated myself to at least go to the library but lately i've been so lazy and unmotivated.

i only go out during the week if i have appointments or to go grocery shopping. sometimes i go out on the weekends and that usually just involves shopping or seeing a movie.
post #38 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Joe
Permanently Banned

ive went out with freinds once in the past 3 years (that was in april or something) i think ivebeen out once in the summer holidays so far, twice after today. Both with family. Normally i just sit around the house on the computer hoping that things would go back like they used to be. Before high school i had little worries about anything, now im too scared to go out normally and always picture worst-case scenarios.
post #39 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Daydreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioGirl View Post
Ty for answering. Actually, I used to get the same exact amount as you, even a little less. When I moved out and showed them the lease, they immediately increased it. I am positively sure you will be able to move out. I think you can probably get more than me because where I live the ssi is lower (the government pays less into it because so many people want it) so I only got $715 or something around that when I first got approved. My social worker took me to see apartments and they gave me their lease. I went to the ss office and and showed it to them plus utilities and they said theyd give me around 1100. Obviously you don't need a social worker to do this, but mine just 'had' to go with me. The other option is to save for one month's rent and then move, then have them increase it.

Again thank you for answering, ahh I felt so weird asking you.
"When I moved out and showed them the lease, they immediately increased it." I didn't know you could do that! I've had SSDI for 2 years now. And thanks for the idea.
post #40 of 547 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Permanently Banned

yup, i stay home most of the time, actually i been inside for the last 4 days lol. i'll go to the grocery store or walmart about twice of week to get something but that's about it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page