Dissociation? Derealization - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Dissociation? Derealization

Dissociation because of PTSD and social anxiety, has anyone had this? Like depersonalization and derealization... I have it almost all the time. I have been working on Somatic Experiencing to tackle some of the dissociation and trauma but there isn't much information on this therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:10 AM
SAS Member

i have depersonalisation.....for me its like a paranoid dream state.....i used to have it badly about 2 to 5 yrs ago
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 06:44 PM
I am Jack's cold sweat

I suffered from derealization for years, in fact for a time it was worse than the anxiety itself. I thought I would live with it forever but at some point it just slowly dissipated and went away. There were certain things that used to trigger it, like bright fluorescent lights. I don't think I have experienced it at any point in the last 2 or 3 years. I wish there was some kind of advice I could give you but it just seemed to go away on its own.

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 05:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I'm going through a pretty bad stint with it at the moment. It makes me not want to do ANYTHING or go anywhere because it almost makes me feel like I cant see or I'm going to faint. It blows. I know I'll be fine eventually, but I'm still struggling to cope...and just get really sick of being like this.

I went through it bad a few years ago and it eventually left. Easier said than done, but the less you focus on it, the quicker it leaves. Just try to stay distracted.

I bought a Lisa Frank coloring book I got pretty deep into today. Definitely helped with the distraction! I use children's colorings books because it's easier on my eyeballs and less of a commitment. 😅

Sunglasses are also a huge help in lessening the visual stimuli.

Good luck dear. I know it's awful.

<3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page