Depression from SAD - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Depression from SAD

Sorry, I need to let this out and I don't know where I can do this.
I've finished uni and I need to apply for jobs. I've applied to some places a few days ago but I haven't heard anything back. These are just for summer jobs, and soon j need to start looking for real full time jobs.
I feel like I lack experience and with my social anxiety I suck at talking and putting myself out there and I'm not assertive either.
I'm terrified I won't be able to get a good job. I've moved back home and I have no friends here, they're still at uni and live too far away anyway, even if they came back.
I've had depression since high school but for the past year it's gone. I thought I'd escaped it but since uni finished I just keep thinking about what a failure I am, working wise, socially, relationship wise, everything. I can't stand myself and I can't stand the thought of working everyday for the next 50+ years of my life. thinking about adulthood and what I should be doing makes me want to cry and I feel like I'm suffocating.
i don't know what I'm asking for by making this a topic, sorry, I just wanted to let this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 01:44 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
I felt the same way coming out of college still do kinda. I'm educated but my SA holds me back from "applying" myself. I got really depressed about a yr after college it was horrible. Try not to think too much. When you start thinking about all the stuff you need to do, it gets overwhelming.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page