depressed frustrated depressed depressed - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

depressed frustrated depressed depressed

i have felt the worst this whole week...and its all got to do with me and this guy

to make it short,,,this guy i see is awesome to hang around with..and makes me feel really good and secure, but when i left him i just went off and went into a big depressed state and i can;t stop thinking about it
im now ignoring him cause i feel when i talk to him i get even more depressed about myself (guess on jealousy too) and i really don't know what to do....i do nothing at all..i can't eat at all, im pissed off most of the day....i dont eat now cause its a way to punish myself.....and im sick of myself not being myself around people and just never stops....i cant take ittttttttttt im going insaneeeeeee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:47 AM

I feel your pain , I recently that exact situation with a girl I once went out with, I was depressed and angry every day.

I tried to focus on other hobbbies and such. Reading helps alot. Meditation, Stretching, playing an instrument are examples of things you can do to keep your mind off of it.

The less you see him, the less painful it will be. As time goes on, you will think about him less and less. You are doing the right thing by avoiding him since he makes you feel this way.

Just remember that there will always be someone good out there that would love you, and that you would feel comfortable being around with, even if you have SA.

Hope that helps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 PM

I know how you feel

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Other than SA, Are you afraid of him hurting you? Are you afraid of the "Good times" not being there? I do some of the same things when I have a "fear" it's name is usally insecurity?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 02:44 AM

I can relate so much to that pain... it's terrible...
It's true though that the less you see him the better it will go eventually. Though, maybe, this also works the other way around.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 AM
SAS Member

Smile

Learn to Deal with it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensiferum View Post
i have felt the worst this whole week...and its all got to do with me and this guy

to make it short,,,this guy i see is awesome to hang around with..and makes me feel really good and secure, but when i left him i just went off and went into a big depressed state and i can;t stop thinking about it
im now ignoring him cause i feel when i talk to him i get even more depressed about myself (guess on jealousy too) and i really don't know what to do....i do nothing at all..i can't eat at all, im pissed off most of the day....i dont eat now cause its a way to punish myself.....and im sick of myself not being myself around people and just never stops....i cant take ittttttttttt im going insaneeeeeee
I do not really get whether you split with this guy or not...however I will tell you about a similar situation. I dated a great guy, the kind of guy that every girl would want. I do not really know why I left, because everything was going great and I had everything that I ever wanted? Then why leave?

Perhaps that is when the anxiety really kicked in, I just could not deal with the thought of losing him? I do not know, I really had no reason to do it. Then I proceeded to stay stoned and drunk for 9 years. Then I sobered up and tried to deal with life and well it just never measured up that is certain. Once my head cleared & I fully remembered all that I threw away I became even more depressed.

I have really never dated anyone half as good, (OK maybe once) and eventually I got married to a chameleon that is incapable of loving another person, being nice to another person or even attempting to provide for another person, or god forbid that he would give me any emotional support. Years of his emotional abuse has about crippled me. I have since then realized everything that I gave up and it kills me every single day. All because I wanted to allow myself to feel bad for NO ****ING REASON when I was dating a great guy.

My advice is that you deal with this now before you ruin your life.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page