Deeply upset, anxious and disgusted by the concept of pregnancy - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know I have similar feelings toward pregnancy. I feel physically ill when I see a picture of a pregnant woman. I have recurring nightmares about being pregnant myself. Even though I have fallen in love and married someone, I still find pregnancy absolutely disgusting and have absolutely no desire to become pregnant (and the notion that every woman eventually wants a kid, she just has to find the right guy is ridiculous and hugely insulting).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Mooltipass!

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapplebun View Post
I don't feel quite as intense as you about pregnancy but I have long realized I am one of the rare females I've encountered in person who doesn't look forward to pregnancy. I want a kid one day but the idea of pregnancy is somewhat traumatic to me. There's nothing amazing about getting possible morning sickness and waking up every day with nausea for months on end. There's nothing beautiful to me about getting a larger belly, more stretch marks, swollen ankles, having to pee frequently, etc. It's traumatic thinking about all the potential complications that can arise that may jeopardize your health or life, the possibility of the vagina tearing from the baby coming out, the pain associated with it, the possibility of getting paralyzed or chronic pain from getting an epidural to mitigate labour pains.

I don't get the whole point of having your own kid when there are plenty of kids to adopt who would love having a family. Blood doesn't equate to family.

Yep, this.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammlyn View Post
I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know I have similar feelings toward pregnancy. I feel physically ill when I see a picture of a pregnant woman. I have recurring nightmares about being pregnant myself. Even though I have fallen in love and married someone, I still find pregnancy absolutely disgusting and have absolutely no desire to become pregnant (and the notion that every woman eventually wants a kid, she just has to find the right guy is ridiculous and hugely insulting).
Do you think you'd feel less disgusted about it if you were able to get something like a tubal or essure to become permanently infertile? That's what I'm thinking right now, that if I could remove that functionality from my body it could potentially make all this go away. But it would be nice if there was an easier solution, to learn how to not imagine it inflicted upon me when I see someone pregnant.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Training a unicorn

My Mood: Goofy
I think that's the female version of what I feel sometimes, but mines a bit different. To me it represents a huge decision and a tie to a person forever "I'm talking about the other parent" even if you end up not being with them or end up not liking them in the future. Sure you can divorce, or break up, but you will always have to see or talk to them in some capacity.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 04:09 PM
SAS Member

@Shameful , No, I doubt it. I think it's really less about the fear of the chance of becoming pregnant rather than the pregnancy itself. I can honestly say that I'd be less disgusted by the thought of parasitic worms inhabiting my body than of pregnancy. And the probability of contracting either is about equal since I work with animals.

I do still want to get sterilized though, simply because then I don't personally have to worry about what the government says I can and cannot do with my own uterus.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page