Constant lightheadness and dull headache. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Social Pothole

Constant lightheadness and dull headache.

I have been enduring this for the past week now. Came up out of nowhere last friday when I was just driving home. Sometimes I gets worst within minutes, and sometimes I subsides within minutes only to come back.

I have been enduring gastrointestinal issues and bowel issues for the past several months, not sure if that could be connected. I have been leaning towards having stomach ulcer, as I burp and fart a lot, mild burning sensations and very prone to hunger cramps. Still waiting for my doctor appointment to come.

I am thinking of getting some Acetaminophen and maybe some motion sickness pills tomorrow for my headache and maybe lightheadedness. I have Ibuprofen and Aspirins at home, but not sure if NSAIDs are a good idea with my stomach issues. But I also have Tylenol Cold at home, which I am tempted to take, but not sure if it's a good idea since it has dextromethorphan and phenylephrine, which I don't need.

Anyone suffered this, and know anything I can take to relieve this for the time being?

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:53 PM
W/ a Gun Against My Head

My Mood: Brooding
I have been feeling similar symptoms with the lightheadedness and headache, and it was because of my medication. I take Zoloft (Sertraline), and the problem seemed to occur after taking the medication on a regular basis; I'm probably becoming tolerant to it. Idk if you take medication, but that could be it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Social Pothole

Thanks for replying. No I am not taking Zoloft, though I have read many cases of people taking Zoloft having those side effects.

I am suspecting I might have some sort of anemia caused by my digestive or intestinal issues. Probably gonna take some B12 and Iron supplements to see if it helps.

Crossing my fingers every night that I don't end up in the ER the next day, as I wait for my next doctor visit.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 10:15 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I have started taking Iron, B12 and basic Centrum daily (when I remember) and I haven't been feeling tired and lightheaded as I have been in the past few weeks.

I was also forgetful more than usual before taking the supplements. IDK if it is helping yet, but I don't have a through fly in one ear and out the other as much as I used to.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Social Pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustin View Post
I have started taking Iron, B12 and basic Centrum daily (when I remember) and I haven't been feeling tired and lightheaded as I have been in the past few weeks.

I was also forgetful more than usual before taking the supplements. IDK if it is helping yet, but I don't have a through fly in one ear and out the other as much as I used to.
How many mgs of Iron and B12 do you take?

B12 I'm not too concern with taking too much. Iron is what I am a bit worry about if I take too much.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 AM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
awww im sorry ur going through this...

how old are you? : /

for the ibs, like when my stomach gets upset due to anxiety...

I drink ginger tea.. it does wonders for my stomach and eliminates whatever nausea I was feelimg at the time..

plus its completely natural.

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Social Pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarslippers View Post
awww im sorry ur going through this...

how old are you? : /

for the ibs, like when my stomach gets upset due to anxiety...

I drink ginger tea.. it does wonders for my stomach and eliminates whatever nausea I was feelimg at the time..

plus its completely natural.
In my 20s. A gi doctor diagnosed me with "possible" ibs. Though my flareups are inconsistent. Eating dairy or drinking liquor, I would be fine. While eating something normal, my stomach might feel like crap. It's completely inconsistent. I will give ginger tea a try too. I know peppermint tea is another popular choice.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 06:08 AM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
In my 20s. A gi doctor diagnosed me with "possible" ibs. Though my flareups are inconsistent. Eating dairy or drinking liquor, I would be fine. While eating something normal, my stomach might feel like crap. It's completely inconsistent. I will give ginger tea a try too. I know peppermint tea is another popular choice.

yessss... fuggs w/ ginger tea...

I reccomend you fuggs w/ ginger tea.

When I was going crazy w/ anxiety and my anxiety was usetting my stomach
it totally helped it the nausea/pain ect to subside.

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page