Can SA cause these symptoms? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Can SA cause these symptoms?

I am not sure if this is a type of "disassociation" or something else entirely. Here goes:

1) I have severe light sensitivity when I am working in an office with fluorescent lights.

2) When I am talking to someone (especially a superior or someone I dont' know) in those rooms, I basically almost can't keep my eyes open. I feel like I am kind of in a daze, things seem really bright (almost intolerable), and I can't focus on anything else.

Caffeine makes it worse. Has anyone experienced something similar? How do you cope?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 09:56 AM
SAS Member

Light sensitivity for sure, I get that quite a bit. As for number 2 I haven't experienced it but I'm sure there'll be someone around here that has. Can't really do anything about it because eye symptoms are from adrenaline pumping so it will come with anxiety and there really is nothing you can do about it aside from the things you do to reduce anxiety in general
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Am actually not sure what my diagnosis is, but I think GAD. I am on effexor 75mg and a daily 2.5 of Valium. They aren't really helping. I am working through CBT on my own.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 09:52 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
OMG I cant stand being in places that have Florescent Lighting! It triggers my anxiety like no other! This is actually something I'm working on currently in Exposure therapy.
As far as talking to a superior... It really doesnt matter what environment I'm in. If I'm talking to a superior, after about 30 seconds of conversation, I start to feel my stomach drop, beads of sweat on my forehead, and begin to get tunnel vision.. joy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page