Borderline Personality Disorder - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
once i died

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquin View Post
I was diagnosed with BPD this past year and it really was like the missing puzzle piece I was looking for to explain the way I acted and I was wondering if there was anyone else on here struggling with BPD? I would love to have someone to talk to who really understands it...

me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Sad Vicious

We should start a group for borderliners.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus

"Everyone wants to get out of the rain
Wants to be free, wants to see no more pain
We're guaranteed that the season will change
'Till then, I'm keeping sunshine on my brain"
- Mike "Eyedea" Larsen (RIP)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Sneaking About..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luctor View Post

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luctor View Post
Yeah let's start a group for people with BPD.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Sad Vicious

Done. http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...der-group-684/

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus

"Everyone wants to get out of the rain
Wants to be free, wants to see no more pain
We're guaranteed that the season will change
'Till then, I'm keeping sunshine on my brain"
- Mike "Eyedea" Larsen (RIP)
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 06:33 AM
It's not over until I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindriaO View Post
I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I believe I have the disorder. I have been putting off going to a psychologist but I have an appointment on Saturday which will hopefully shed some light on the matter.
I do show all the symptoms though: always socially awkward and I'd rather stay at home than go out to socially interact. I don't have many close friends and even my family doesn't know what's going on in my head. I also tend to get really upset as soon as n get criticised or I feel like I've made a fool of myself ( just the other week I made a small mistake at work and it was like the end of the world. I was crying for a whole week. And when I think about it now, what for?) My job is very stressful and I find that its too much for me too handle. There is just too much responsibility resting on me, and it send me into a panic frenzy. I find it hard to make friends even though I'd love to have close relationship with people I feel like they won't get me and will think I'm stupid when I express an opinion. I end up just keeping to myself. I couldn't and still can't do public speaking for fear of saying something stupid. I'm so scared of being rejected and being thought of as stupid, that I'd rather just keep to myself. It's really hard, and I feel like it progressively getting worse as I get older. I kind of feel like I'm loosing it. I'm not even able to study (towards my accounting degree) and even though I love music and art I don't even attempt it because I don't think I'll be good enough. I'm usually defeated before I try. I don't know, does this sound like avoidant personality disorder?
Hi Lindria

Read this and sounds exactly like me. How are you coping lately? I see you're in Cape Town as well. I started seeing a therapist in Constantia and has worked wonders!

Cheers
Brent
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Asleep
I have BPD, and I can't seem to find help for it. Everywhere is just too expensive, or not immediate relief enough. I wish I had my pills again. I keep devaluing my gf and idealizing this girl I connect with even though we both have others and its like I can't see the forest for the trees. In my head thigs are different when nothing has to be different, just keep it aloof and same as normal. It's hard to have times of non anxiety and/or depression and I've already drove my car into a wall, OD'd, tried to drown, stab myself, cut myself, so how many more ways can I claim attention but I don't want attention so much I want answers I want to fix things.

I know things with my girlfriend will either move forward or they won't. I know things with this other girl will either move forward or they won't. I just have to wait and do the living. But that's the hard part because I'm so scared either of them will leave me, but I know if I nag and overtext, overbother then that's a self-fulfilling prophecy that'll drive them away.

Just want relief.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page