Been depressed lately. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Been depressed lately.

I've been depressed and lonely lately. Just think been thinking about the fact that I used to have friends that I would hang out with, but after the link/or place that held the group together was gone and we stopped hanging out. They pretty much forgot about me and don't talk to me anymore. This has happened multiple times over the years and it never changes. Nowadays most of the people from the groups I used to hang with are already married and I'm still alone and don't have friends. Honestly I think it's going to be the same way with the church group I hang out with now. I can already see signs of it happening. They already don't talk to unless it's inside the church group other than that, silence.

I've also been dealing depression and loneliness off and on for about 13 years now probably even longer. But I tried going to a bunch of different psychologists and tried different depression meds but nothings really helped at all. I still have my times where the depression isn't as intense as other times, sometimes to point where it doesn't feel like it's effecting me, but still enough that it's draining of my energy on top of being a introvert. Either way I've tried a lot of different things and nothing really has been helping.

So it's basically the usual worrying about being alone forever and never getting married, or apparently having any friends. I'm defiantly a introvert and love my alone time but I need people in my life too, but at the same time people can be annoying to deal with. Not really sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:50 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
sorry to hear you're a bit down. life can be pretty tough sometimes

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

And another couple of old friends that's totally forgot about me just got engaged...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 AM
SAS Member

I stayed single by sheer force of my mediocre looks, personality, and overwhelming shyness for nearly 30 years. I've been in a relationship for about 3-years and I'm already feeling depressed again. I don't know what to tell you, but that my peer groups have always been as rickety as the ones you've just described. I don't think most social groups are meant to last. They seem to deteriorate, and not necessarily for bad reasons. People move away, change jobs, get engaged, and variables just change. Don't take it personally, and do what anybody does who wants to meet new people and get out there however inevitably awkward that process is always bound to be. Good luck. Life sucks, but I dunno- just keep plugging along and you'll be dead soon. Hooray!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 11:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I feel like this is a common thing. I feel like we live in a day and age where it's hard to really find people to truly bond with, whether you have social anxiety or not. SA kind of makes things even more complicated. Like you long for friends, yet there is this huge fear. I, too, feel alone, especially when I'm at church. There's like this strange sense of sadness. I probably say this a lot, but you're not alone here. I often read other people's thoughts, and I can relate to them. It's so easy to compare yourself to others too. I hope that you feel better soon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page