Bdd and Insecurities - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Red face

Bdd and Insecurities

Hey so I think I either have Bdd or its starting. I don't know how to stop it or how to cope with it, any ideas? I just like the support from these forums it makes me feel like im not totally alone. I have really bad SAD and Im only 15. I want to get better but it feels like most of my fear comes from my apearences. I feel ugly and so fat. I know im not fat but my face can use a lot of work. People tell me otherwise but i feel like its because they feel bad for me. I contantly obsess about what i look like. I eat but I feel even more fat once i do. It doesnt matter what it is, it can be fruit, yogurt...everything makes me feel fat but i WILL NOT resort to starvation. How do you guys cope with it? What are your struggles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Social anxious people are very insecure about their appearance.We worry to much about how other people see us.Even the slightest imperfection on us can make us feel anxiety.Do people you meet have perfect appearances? Most people have flaws to their appearance but they do not care about it.You do not have bdd it is social anxiety that makes you think like this and also a possibe depression.If you have the financial means you must seek professional help to keep your social anxiety at check because with uncontrollable social anxiety no matter how perfect your appearance becomes it will never be perfect enough for you.

There is no cure for social anxiety only remission and relapse.
It seems the only way for some sa members to feel good about themselves is to insult other sa members.It gives them a sense of superiority and satisfaction that could never have in their real lives.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 PM
SAS Member

I have bdd. I can't look at myself in a mirror. It's really frustrating. I sometimes go days without looking but that just makes it that much harder when I do try to look. I'm filled with anxiety and basically isolate myself from everyone. I know my bite is bad but I can't bring myself to go to the orthodontist because I'm too embarrassed. I need new glasses but can't go to the eye doctor or even attempt to try on glasses. I feel hopeless most days. I hate myself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page