Aspie or just regular SA? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking

Aspie or just regular SA?

I'm almost positive I was misdiagnosed as being a aspie and I am wondering what is the difference between being a aspie and having just regular social anxiety? The reason I say this is because my anxiety started around 6th grade when I played video games like 10+ hours a day and cut off eveybody. (Yes, I still play video games like 8 hours a day) Is it possible to maybe develop aspergers when you isolate yourself like I did? Or do I just need to quit the video game addiction and eventually I'll be good.

Live life no matter what.. never quit you deserve better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

I am diagnosed with AS and can tell you that it is a congenital disorder; one cannot simply develop it. You should still give up the video games, however as these are absolutely disastrous for one's mental health. Particularly males.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
You can't develop autism later in life but it can become more noticeable or effect you more negatively in response to life stressors and general environmental stuff and you might develop comorbid disorders like social anxiety or depression later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:40 PM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care for others View Post
Don't blame your heartlessness on Asperger's
Posted via Mobile Device
The **** are you talking about now. Are you going to spam every thread on the forum no matter how unrelated until you get your way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 05:58 PM
SAS Member

Some regard it as a disease others think you're born with it. Social anxiety and aspergers arent necessarily mutually exclusive however you can have one or the other. Autists are just wired to not be able to interact in social situations and can develop hobbies that appear atypical. The might have sensitivity to noise, lights and there are other characteristic behaviours. A person with SA can have none of that. They can just anxious of social situations and thats its without being incompetent socially. I identify more with aspergers than social anxiety. My fear stems from failures in the social sphere.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 06:50 PM
SAS Member

I have never been diagnosed but after some research, I believe I have something related to Aspergers. I have had it my whole life. My parents almost held me back from entering kindergarten due to my acute shyness. I'm glad they didn't because that would have added to my feelings of alienation. I feel like my brain is just "wired" differently than what is considered normal. I will have this condition for the rest of my life and now just try to make the best of it.

"Nothing human disgusts me unless it's unkind or violent"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page