Are you autistic? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 06:43 AM
SAS Member

No, I'm not autistic.

I'm running away though nobody is chasing me.

If you like playing video, board or card games please consider this proposition:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f7/you-can-discover-more-about-a-person-in-an-hour-2231377
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-09-2020, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
I have been told I was ASD, a few years ago. Then again, I feel about 50/50 about it. A therapist is certain and another one thinks it's mostly hyper-sensitivity.

My social skills are rudimentary, in the way that I can do some small talk, but I am mostly aware of what's around ((the environment) rather than the conversation itself. I notice stuff and take a lot in before taking action. Some say Asperger is just a label. It all depends on where the Autism "limitations" are. Social interactions are the worst, as are lights/sounds and changes. I like, can't sleep elsewhere than home and I need to sleep in the dark. A lot of little things making my life kind of tough, but anyway, we all have our struggles so...
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
I'm pretty sure I am.

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 11:31 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
It wouldn't be the most surprising thing to find out I was on the spectrum, but I don't think I am.

I feel like there is a disconnect between me and other people, like I just don't fit in, but that's entirely possible for any number of possible tail end traits I seem to have. Including being highly sensitive / empathic (in the star trek sense, obviously ).

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 12:32 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Never bothered to go to a psych for a diagnosis, but it seems likely.
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 01:14 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I considered the possibility years ago, but I don't share enough of the traits to consider myself autistic and I can't really afford a therapist to tell me on a professional level regardless. I had also considered schizoid, but once again not enough traits shared with what I have read. I know I am different from most people, and have been told so in the past, but I have as of yet to find any one diagnosis that would be accommodating to me. It is more like a mishmash of slightly related disorders yet not enough qualities to consider any of them to be a legitimate cause of whatever quirks I may have.

My wife told me a few days ago that I could be on the spectrum, I just laughed it off. I think to some extent, everyone could be considered to be on the spectrum of autism. When I was younger, I do remember doing several tests fairly frequently as my school was trying to figure out what was going on with me. I had to go to speech, as well as occupational therapy, I also had several quirks such as repeated actions. I was considered cognitively deficient and placed in special education, so there is that. I might just be dumb I think a lot of it, had to do with the fact that I was incredibly quiet and people scared the hell out of me. By the age of 17 I was pulled out of special education because I was no longer considered to have a learning disability.. I haven't a clue how that works. I think it would have been nice to know what they thought was wrong with me. I really don't think they had an idea either though, this was back in the 80s - 90s so there were not as many resources available.

For a long time, I really wanted to know what was going on with me. I searched for multiple disorders back in the late 90s, but never found anything that would explain my behaviorism.

Who knows?

Edit:
Trying to write a post while having someone talk to you is really difficult.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 01:51 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
I believe that I'm on the spectrum, but closer to neurotypical than neurodiverse -- Aspergers, I think they call it. My psychiatrist diagnosed me with a "possible autism spectrum disorder" so I guess it's difficult even for professionals to say one way or the other.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 04:26 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
Never been diagnosed even though there's family history that help can justify the suspicion to which I've held for at least half of my life. If anything I think it would lean more towards ADHD. Obviously the only way I can know for sure is to be assessed.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 04:36 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Not really although i had consider it for years because of my lack of social connections.When i was at my lowest i had hoped that i was autistic because that would meant it was genetic and i was not to beblamed for my condition.

There is no cure for social anxiety only remission and relapse.
It seems the only way for some sa members to feel good about themselves is to insult other sa members.It gives them a sense of superiority and satisfaction that could never have in their real lives.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page