Apathy - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Apathy

So, I've been struggling with apathy for years now, and to be honest, it's really been getting bad recently. It's gotten to the point where I'm lucky if I can will myself to go outside once or twice a week, or even will myself to eat a proper meal, exercise, socialize, or take care of myself at all.

Apathy is a really strange thing, it's hard to describe to someone who hasn't experienced it first hand. The best way I could describe it a lack of motivation and emotion. There are times when emotion will show itself, but rather rarely and the same for motivation.

I honestly have no idea how to approach getting rid of years worth of habits that just lead to me craving sweet release, however, I would certainly appreciate some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:52 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Are you taking any medications mate?

SSRIs are known to cause apathy and anhedonia.

If not, are you open to going down the medication route to hopefully gain some relief?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Crappy
I wish I could offer advice but I am kind of in the same boat right now. One thing helpful to me is that I doing therapy again after a long break and I get to speak my mind instead of keeping it bottled up because I have no outlet in real life to do so. My terrible work situation has overtaken everything at the moment but my eventual goal is to move to a new city. Not really sure it will happen (growing more doubtful about it to be honest) but at least it is in the back of my mind and that keeps me going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page