Anyone here know about skin/dermatology? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Innocent

Anyone here know about skin/dermatology?

I really need some advice. This has been something that has really ruined my life more than S/A ever has in the past 6 years.

When I was 18 I left something on overnight under my eyes (for the fine lines) which ended up burning and leaving scar tissue on part of my cheek and under eyes.

My left under eye took it worse and the fine lines turned into a crease in the center, left a hollowness, and a bad texture. A little under that (part of the front of my face there is a patch of thick, rough, reddish scar tissue that I really can't stand seeing.

It's the same with my right side but a lot less damage.

I have never been to a dermatologist before. I always wanted to try and get it sorted out myself (find a way to reduce the scar tissue or earn money and then go to a dermatologist) but I just can't take it anymore.

Do you think there's a chance I can return my skin back to a normal condition with chemical peels, laser? I will have to probably get injections or fat transfer for my under eye. I really don't know if I can do that but I just want it back to normal so I can put it past me once and for all. It's caused me so much depression.

I just want to know what are the chances the redness and texture will go back to some what normal?

keep your eye on the ball
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 03:53 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Flirty
I think anything is possible these days with modern surgery. Your best bet is to just go and have a consultation with a dermatologist, most of them don't charge a fee for the consultation, and they would take a look at it and outline the treatments available to you.

Out of interest, what was it that you applied underneath your eyes initially, was it a TCA peel by any chance?

My Neck, My Back, My Anxiety Attacks
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks for replying. It wasn't a TCA peel. It was stupid and embarrassing but back then I was really freaking out about the lines under my eyes which wouldnt go away. I had problems with insomnia and not getting enough sleep just increased my paranoia about my skin.

I was trying a lot of things to get rid of them but weeks went by and nothing was working. So I was using an acne wash at the time for my forehead and I noticed how tight it made my skin when it dried for a few minutes. I got the stupid idea of leaving it under my eyes to tighten the skin as I closed my eyes and went to bed. When I woke up the areas where the acne wash dripped down to was all red, dry, and burnt looking. My eyelids were swollen and my under eyes looked horrible, at that point I just pretty much gave up on everything.

That's what I get for being so vain when I was 18/19. I learned my lesson from that which might be part of the reason why I havent been to a dermatologist yet. I'm afraid whatever they do might end up making it worse. But it really has ruined my life so far. It's the reason I stay in the house more than my S/A. I think it's also what drains me of any motivation.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Flirty
I wouldn't worry about going to see a dermatologist, they aren't there to judge anybody, how you came to get the scars is irrelevant to them really. I'd just make an appointment with a decent one, have a look online for any that look good then go and see what they have to say about it. You aren't obliged during a consultation to sign up for anything you don't want to. Might be worth going to visit more than one to get a second opinion and you can then compare your options, not to mention the costs also.

My Neck, My Back, My Anxiety Attacks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiosa View Post
I wouldn't worry about going to see a dermatologist, they aren't there to judge anybody, how you came to get the scars is irrelevant to them really. I'd just make an appointment with a decent one, have a look online for any that look good then go and see what they have to say about it. You aren't obliged during a consultation to sign up for anything you don't want to. Might be worth going to visit more than one to get a second opinion and you can then compare your options, not to mention the costs also.
Thanks a lot^^ It helps reassure to me to finally go see one because I've always been too afraid to look into it .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page