Anyone else with an eating disorder? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
☽ pastel warrior ☾

My Mood: Tired

Anyone else with an eating disorder?

I notice my eating disorder symptoms pop up when I want to avoid accomplishing new, anxiety-producing goals...

Like, my next goal should be to get a job...

Trying to warm up to the idea, but instead I keep thinking about losing weight. While I'm focusing extensively on weight loss, there's no room in my head to think about other anxiety-provoking things.

My ED is like my safe haven.

Anyone relate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Cil
Empty Space

I go from not eating to binge eating. There are many reasons for this happening to me and I know why but I feel powerless to stop either one from occurring at times. I know your pain all too well.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
☽ pastel warrior ☾

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cil View Post
I go from not eating to binge eating. There are many reasons for this happening to me and I know why but I feel powerless to stop either one from occurring at times. I know your pain all too well.
I'm sorry

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 06:22 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, Japanese
My Mood: Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by angst katze View Post
My ED is like my safe haven.
I can relate. Though my symptoms are very mild now (I had bulimia before) I still get an urge to eat so much when I'm tired and stressed.

One thing that helped me was to eat with others I feel comfortable with, like family members. Before I'd eat alone and wouldn't be able to stop. Having someone there to talk to helped me pull the focus on the urge away a little.
Finding other healthier sources of comfort helps too. It takes time and patience but I believe in recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
☽ pastel warrior ☾

Quote:
Originally Posted by akari View Post
I can relate. Though my symptoms are very mild now (I had bulimia before) I still get an urge to eat so much when I'm tired and stressed.

One thing that helped me was to eat with others I feel comfortable with, like family members. Before I'd eat alone and wouldn't be able to stop. Having someone there to talk to helped me pull the focus on the urge away a little.
Finding other healthier sources of comfort helps too. It takes time and patience but I believe in recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sam here, I had bulimia too but my symptoms have gone away. Now, just recently, I've started "dieting" but I'm afraid it might turn into something more over time.

The Universe wants you to succeed.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 07:48 AM
SAS Member

I've had bulemia and anorexia as a teen but I'm competely cured now. I have anxiety but it never effects my eating habits anymore. So it it possible to get rid of it completely. I'm sorry you're struggling with that atm. I'm here, if you wanna talk some time.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 09:41 PM
SAS Member

I have Selective Eating Disorder. It's not exactly a safe haven, it's more of a problem actually. I think it grew out of anxiety and being spoiled/picky as a kid, but I don't really know how it started. I have a list of safe foods. Lately, it's been causing me tons of frustration because my main source of food stops tasting good. Now I'm scrambling to find something else and I'm hungry in between.

Touch gently the Life
Of your fellow man
For the human heart
Shapes as easily
As clay upon
The potter's Wheel
-Javan
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Hi. I'm new here and I just stumbled upon this forum. I'm really glad I found it because it's nice to know that I'm not really alone in this. I suffer from Social Anxiety, but I'm also struggling with bulimia. Both disorders have been a part of my life for years and years, although at one point I was recovering from my eating disorder. Unfortunately, I relapsed a few months ago and any bit of control that I once had over it is long gone now. Right now it feels like I've hit rock bottom and there's no getting out. This is such a stressful segment in my life and pretending to be fine is becoming harder and harder. At this point it feels like these disorders are feeding off each other and I don't know what to do. I'm completely hopeless.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 03:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra98 View Post
Hi. I'm new here and I just stumbled upon this forum. I'm really glad I found it because it's nice to know that I'm not really alone in this. I suffer from Social Anxiety, but I'm also struggling with bulimia. Both disorders have been a part of my life for years and years, although at one point I was recovering from my eating disorder. Unfortunately, I relapsed a few months ago and any bit of control that I once had over it is long gone now. Right now it feels like I've hit rock bottom and there's no getting out. This is such a stressful segment in my life and pretending to be fine is becoming harder and harder. At this point it feels like these disorders are feeding off each other and I don't know what to do. I'm completely hopeless.
Im sorry to hear!
Try taking small steps into recovery and you will be fine!
Have you tried talking to your parents about it? Pretending to be fine can worsen things up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page