Anyone else chronically fatigued? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspants08 View Post
Chronically fatigued for sure. I do all kinds of "marathon activities" because I have no sense of when I should really be resting, and because everything is going to hurt anyway.

For example, this year I drove 3000 miles in two days, twice, to Canada. I will work for eight hours at my real job, then paint the house for ten hours. The other day I was at my real job for 20 hours straight...

And so on. I guess I've found a certain freedom in chronic fatigue. I should probably mention that although I'm tired all the time, I'm almost always alert. I attribute that to pain. It's hard to get drowsy when **** hurts lol.
The first rule of Fight Club is.......you don't talk about Fight Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide 4 Dummies View Post
If you are taking meds make sure they don't have antihistaminergic nor anticholinergic effects. I was chronically fatigued until I stopped taking Remeron.
Antihistamines definitely contribute.

I can't remember the last time I felt energetic in the morning. Feel like I have one big cycle of taking downer antihistamines at night, taking stimulants during the day. Lifting weights helps. I should really check out a breathing machine for apnea.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 11:58 AM
SAS Member

Certain types of food allergies and intolerances can cause chronic fatigue. I've started exploring this connection for myself.

"To live outside the law you must be honest..."
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Um, I don't think it's possible to have depression and bipolar disorder.

I was diagnosed several different times when i was younger with add and bipolarity,my daily anxiety and the latter stuff just feed my depression
even more,which i can never seem to get away from.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerozepplin View Post
I was diagnosed several different times when i was younger with add and bipolarity,my daily anxiety and the latter stuff just feed my depression
even more,which i can never seem to get away from.
depression can be a symptom of bipolar disorder, but he's right that depression as its own disorder can't coexist with bipolar disorder, by definition.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyaj View Post
depression can be a symptom of bipolar disorder, but he's right that depression as its own disorder can't coexist with bipolar disorder, by definition.
Most people with bipolar II disorder also suffer from episodes of depression. This is where the term "manic depression" comes from.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoShy View Post
Most people with bipolar II disorder also suffer from episodes of depression. This is where the term "manic depression" comes from.
I know. Bipolar implies cycling between manic and depressed states (and sometimes mixed). Depressed mood is a symptom of bipolar in this case, not a separate disorder.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Mayor Bee

I feel tired all the time too. i have no energy to do anything. i actually feel the same when i go to sleep as when i wake up. i dont drink coffee but when i have i only felt wired and not awake. caffeine just doesnt do it for me. i cant get a regular nights sleep either. ill sleep for 2-4 hours wake up. lie around for half hour to an hour. then sleep for another 2- 4 hours. i cant seem to concentrate on anything and i just feel lousy all day.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
SAS Member

I became chronically fatigued this summer. Finally in August/September I went to the doctor and added Wellbutrin to the Celexa I had been on for over a year. The Wellbutrin helped a ton with my depression and fatigue. It was like I went from seeing in black and white to color again.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Currently I'm on 9hr work days with using public transport and some walking to get around there and back. I'm not a great sleeper but I get really run down far too fast. I try to eat a lot of energy foods nice and clean, lots of water and daily exercise (which is proving tricky from my normal 1hr a day to hardly anything with new work hours)

I want to pick up my hobbies again but near the end of the work day I just get home and have no focus or energy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page