Anyone drink to much - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Anyone drink to much

Hey just wondering if anyone drinks way to much? Im pretty much a borderline alchohlic. I mainly drink b/c of the stress of daily life. With my job I deal with people and its tough so when I get home I like to drink and get drunk to not think about how hard the next day is going to be. I recently moved to a new town and Im finding it VERY hard to make new friends with SA..So the lonliness is also one more reason. So how many others out there self medicate with alchohol?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 AM
SAS Member

If you start going through threads you'll see there's a lot of member's here that drink to cope

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM
SAS Member

I used to ALOT. But now i find my life is so much better without the alcohol and believe it or not im actually more calm without it, drinking is not the answer.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
SAS Member

I probably drink less now than I did in high school and university when there were more people around me. I only really drink when I go out with a mate of mine...and the occasional six pack at home once every few months.

Thinking is the devil.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

I thought coming home and drinking was almost normal, average. I don't work full-time but I drink at least every other night. I'm not always drunk, as in the daytime, but I do get drunk more than other casual drinkers, I guess. Alcohol has it's place for me but there are nights where I have too much and get sick, and that's usually when I haven't hung out with anyone for a while and/or I'm going through a bad moment.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 PM
SAS Member

Yes, I drink, but I don't think anxiety has anything to do with it. I drink more out of boredom and as a means to escape the daily grind. Plus, I love the taste of beer, and I'm starting to like wine now too.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 PM
R
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneIsALonelyNumber
Yes, I drink, but I don't think anxiety has anything to do with it. I drink more out of boredom and as a means to escape the daily grind. Plus, I love the taste of beer, and I'm starting to like wine now too.
Same here. I also started to drink wine because I drink it slower and less of it and like the buzz more then beer but a good dark beer is still the best.

I don't think most people that have SA drink to medicate but more then the ave population.

------------------------------
I am a rpoud member of the SIMCOHPF
Spellchecker is my crutch of holy pwnage foundation
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 PM
You can do this!

My Mood: Cheerful

Re: Anyone drink to much

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanguy
I recently moved to a new town and Im finding it VERY hard to make new friends with SA..So the lonliness is also one more reason. So how many others out there self medicate with alchohol?
Me too.

I love alcohol these days. It's very potent w/ the meds I'm on, and I feel much better with it. I don't drink every day though, and never to excess.

I wish I had a friend. Especially on weekends, I want to go out instead of stay here, and I hate going out to bars and places by myself.

Medication-related posts are for brainstorming purposes only. Talk to your doctor.

My meds: Parnate, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, trazodone
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 11:52 AM
SAS Member

Hey Chris, when did you move to WA? Are you in school up there, or did you just move to get out of the SW or something?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
You can do this!

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNice
Hey Chris, when did you move to WA? Are you in school up there, or did you just move to get out of the SW or something?
Both. I'm going to school here and enjoying the change of scenery.

Medication-related posts are for brainstorming purposes only. Talk to your doctor.

My meds: Parnate, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, trazodone
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:31 AM

I found that being tipsy helps with my anxiety and makes me feel like I can be the person that I want to be. After figuring this out, I don't drink very much. Only when I go out with friends (which is not often). I know if I started drinking i would like it way too much and do it all the time probably, so I try to stay away from it.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:25 PM
SAS Member

in the past i often did drink both socially and sometimes to deal with stress and mood problems. in the end i found that marijuana was better on an ongoing basis than alcohol because alcohol wears your body down more and can lead to crazy behaviour. luckily for me i suppose, the marijuana had never caused any anxiety like it can with some people. Lately though, i've just been staying pretty sober all around for a number of circumstancial reasons that i expect to change eventually. i wouldn't say i was ever an alcoholic though; that would just be an oversimplification. i did drink too much during some periods but that was a reaction to other problems in my life. now i've put my previous staples of wine and beer aside without any problem.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 11:24 PM

i drink a lot, but only socially. if im going out (to a bar or club) i'll drink a lot before and then enough to maintain my drunken state while there..... other than that, nope i dont think much at all.

although these past 2 months ive found ive been drinking a lot more than usual (3-4 nights a week vs 1-2 before)... on the plus side, i havent had a hangover or been sick in a while, but the negative side i think my body hates it... plus its not helping anything other than letting me be more social when drunk, but i havent made any more friends

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page