Always feeling super guilty? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Always feeling super guilty?

Such as feeling guilty on birthdays, and having my parents to waste their money on me. Paying for my education when I might not be successful, etc. My parents regret having children, and I feel bad. I'm worthless, compared to peers. Thought about just getting rid of myself to relief their burden but don't even have the guts to do that. Can't even do that. Feeling like I don't deserve anything when I want it. How do you guys deal with guilt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komaeda View Post
Such as feeling guilty on birthdays, and having my parents to waste their money on me. Paying for my education when I might not be successful, etc. My parents regret having children, and I feel bad. I'm worthless, compared to peers. Thought about just getting rid of myself to relief their burden but don't even have the guts to do that. Can't even do that. Feeling like I don't deserve anything when I want it. How do you guys deal with guilt?
How about don't beat yourself up and try do your best in life so that everything your parents done for your are not wasted. They will be more happy to see you get somewhere in life than seeing you dead.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Great thinker

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Guilty feeling is sign of low self esteem and low confidence. I learned one thing that no matter how hard you try you will not change your mindset. You would have to change your Brain morphology and working in order to change your mindset. Hard fact though. So stop asking for hows and can

you cannot be comfortable without your own permission

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 05:31 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Dont worry about it, life is messed up so unless you want to feel bad about things for the rest of your life, then learn to not worry about things.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by komaeda View Post
You were abused very badly. I would say your case is a 8 out of 10 on a scale in terms of severity. I knew this chick that would always apologize for everything "I'm sorry. blah blah...". She told me she was a victim of abuse.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM
SAS Member

Guild is tough! And also very subjective and hugely unproductive. Have you ever felt guilty enough that it finally turned you into the happy, reliable person you want to be? It basically changes nothing for the good and only makes you feel more miserable about yourself. Guilt can be useful, when you actually should return that wallet that you found. Besides that it more often seems like preemptive shame so you don't have to worry about other people ridicule or rejecting you or what you did. Cast it aside and take back what seems handy or reasonable to you. You'll end up with about 1% of the original guilt. There are a lot of good books and articles on this subjects, which might be helpful. Good luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page