Afraid of Bugs - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Afraid of Bugs

It must be the weather. First, there was a jumping spider in here freaking me out. I didn't think I would be able to catch her, so I tried to smash it, only it jumped and got away. I screamed and ran to the couch. I watched herwalk across the wall and eventually she made it to a door frame and jumped down to the floor. Then I got her. I start to relax and then I see a small bug on the wall by my front door. I decided I would just let him go because it looked so small and harmless. A few minutes later I look at the wall adjacent to it and what looks like the same type of flying bug is there too. I decided I had better get them. I smashed the one and then the other one started jumping and then flying around the room. I think I upset him. Is that possible? Anyway, he then flies high up the wall and then all of a sudden down a couple of feet. Then moves a few different high up places I am sitting here with half my face tucked into my shirt collar trying to hide. I couldn't look at it anymore without panicking, and now I don't know where it is.

Anyone else think they might have a bug phobia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
SAS Member

I dont have a bug phobia but i have some degree of arachnophobia. Jumping spiders freak me out but i dont mind so much daddy long legs or other types of bugs but actually i guess centipedes are kinda creepy.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Permanently Banned

i was not going to post here but it is funny how all the bugs are males..that is all.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlight View Post
I screamed and ran to the couch.
Would it be sexist to say that's a very female reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlight View Post
Anyone else think they might have a bug phobia?
I definitely have an above average fear of bees & wasps. I'm not sure if it's truly a phobia to fear something that can actually cause harm by stinging though. It amazes he how bee keepers will deal with hives so casually, not even bothering to put on a full bee suit in some cases.

I'm certainly not a fan of bugs, but then I doubt many are otherwise the Orkin Man would be unemployed.

Once a woman made me deal with a cockroach in her apartment. I was barefoot, grabbed one of my shoes and smashed it. It's not at all pleasant to hear a big *** bug go CRUNCH! Even less fun to remove remains of huge cockroach from shoe sole. I didn't fell fear, more like really icky disgust.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Ha, good point. I made one a female. Still freaks me out.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
Would it be sexist to say that's a very female reaction?

You have probably done this too. Tell the truth.

Once a woman made me deal with a cockroach in her apartment. I was barefoot, grabbed one of my shoes and smashed it. It's not at all pleasant to hear a big *** bug go CRUNCH! Even less fun to remove remains of huge cockroach from shoe sole. I didn't fell fear, more like really icky disgust.
Try smashing a stinkbug. Crunch and a nice scent left behind!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm starting to calm down. I feel a little embarrassed now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
:/

I don't like bugs either. One time after I was finished taking the garbage out, I immediately went to bed. While trying to go to sleep, I started feeling a stinging sensation on my foot. Lifting up the covers revealed a caterpillar in my bed! When I was outside, it must have fell out of a tree and landed on my pant leg or shoe.

The cat in your avatar should be taking care of the bugs. My cats take care of roaches, flies, moths. Afterward, we end up having to clean up the mess. :/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page