ADD, i don't think i have it, something else or the med caus - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

ADD, i don't think i have it, something else or the med caus

ya, i was diagnosed last april or may, and i really really don't think i have it. Ive been taken adderall.

ya, ive been doin better in school, but i think its just me tryn harder. The adderal has seemed to make things way worse, and i cant think straight. Every emotion is usually amplified, and it continues after its worn off. Before i was on it, i was the most care free person in the world. never stressed about anything. Anything. i still did fine in school too. im not the hyper type or w/e, just focus stuff. i think its just laziness ahha. But now everything stresses me out, i worry about the littlest things and i can never think straight. and i have this headache that doest really hurt but it blocks me from my thoughts kind of it seems. I always feel as if theres something i have to do reallllllly badly, but i don't know what it is, i just have to do it quickly. I also feel really distant. its weird, like in class ill just draw or whatever its so bad, but i can be reallllly creative. i forget things in seconds on occasions. Not to mention the lack of hunger. And i play football, so not eatn isnt good.

i was readn about side effects of adderall, and it said in few cases, but some, psychosis occured. so i looked that up, and guess what one of the main causes is? OVERACTIVITY OF DOPAMINE! ya. and its caused by amphetamines, and guess what adderall is? you got it, an amphetamine. so i really think i do not have add, and that this medication has just made my life worse. Anyone else like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: ADD, i don't think i have it, something else or the med caus

o ya, and its weird, ill usually feel fine when im by myself or not at school, but it still happens out of school
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM

so you say your grades have improved or no? I also just started ADD meds, aderal, and I dont even know how to describe how I feel except just WEIRD. I havent been on it too long but I definitely have the doing things quickly thing going on..i dont really think i have ADD either, I think I have symptoms similar to add but i think its just anxiety and depression. or maybe they are all interrelated and its just all the same thing that manifests itself in different ways I dont know. Im going to try it out for a month or so, and then ill chekck back on this thread and let you know how its going for me.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

thanks, and yes, they have.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page