A bit of everything - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Alright

A bit of everything

I've noticed along with my SA that I have other disorders, but not as severe and only certain things trigger it.
I have separation anxiety in public places when I am with someone and they took me. If I don't have my cell phone I wont leave their sight. If I somehow do and can't find them I totally freak and almost cry. I've gotten better at times... It depends if I trust the person I'm with. I trust my grandma and I've told her "I feel like you'll leave me here and go home" and she has said "Nothing would ever make me do that" When I don't bring my cell phone I am better about leaving her side... but I do ask her lots of times "You'll stay right here until I get back right?! You'll be in this section?!"
I also get moments where I feel something isn't clean enough, but other times I don't care. And sometimes things have to be a certain way, and then other times I let it pass my mind. How weird?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Diffident

I remember having something similar when I was little, I'd always be scared my parents were going to abandon me at a mall or something lol so I'd never leave their side...I even standed outside the public toilets making sure they didnt use it as an excuse to escape hahah, now as long as I have money when I go out I'm quite calm I can make my way back home one way or another...

I'm not anxious, I'm hopeful. One day I'll meet someone who finds crippling insecurities and social ineptitude simply lovely =).

I've created a website along with a fellow SAS member on Introverts, Solitude and feeling Disconnected from the people around you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Alright

LOL I think the same way about toilets! I never wanted to go in because I thought they would leave while I was in there.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page