Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 03:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Do you watch Philosophy Tube on youtube by chance?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:34 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Do you watch Philosophy Tube on youtube by chance?
Not really, I've watched small parts of a couple of his videos that I stumbled on a while back.

I found out about that documentary (well the guy who made it + other documentaries) while looking around on wikipedia a while back (can't remember what.) But I've only ended up watching that one so far, the title drew me in (as did the top YouTube comment on that YT video upload about the lesbian nuns LOL.)

A while back I was looking at this book which seemed interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...ogy_of_Fascism

(but I have pretty terrible attention issues that make watching/reading stuff a pain,) so I found it interesting how he focussed on Freud and Reich in that episode too.

and I'm kind of interested by the way sexuality is expressed politically including repression (especially queer and paraphilic sexuality,) like before Ted Kaczynski really snapped he was considering transitioning mtf to satisfy his sexual frustration:

Quote:
In the summer after his fourth year, he describes experiencing a period of several weeks where he was sexually excited nearly all the time and was fantasizing himself as a woman and being unable to obtain any sexual relief. He decided to make an effort to have a sex change operation.

When he returned to the University of Michigan he made an appointment to see a psychiatrist to be examined to determine if the sex change would be good for him. He claimed that by putting on an act he could con the psychiatrist into thinking him suitable for a feminine role even though his motive was exclusively erotic.

As he was sitting in the waiting room, he turned completely against the idea of the operation and thus, when he saw the doctor, instead claimed he was depressed about the possibility of being drafted.

He describes the following, "As I walked away from the building afterwards, I felt disgusted about what my uncontrolled sexual cravings had almost led me to do and I felt humiliated, and I violently hated the psychiatrist. Just then there came a major turning point in my life. Like a Phoenix, I burst from the ashes of my despair to a glorious new hope.

I thought I wanted to kill that psychiatrist because the future looked utterly empty to me. I felt I wouldn't care if I died. And so I said to myself why not really kill the psychiatrist and anyone else whom I hate. What is important is not the words that ran through my mind but the way I felt about them. What was entirely new was the fact that I really felt I could kill someone. My very hopelessness has liberated me because I no longer cared about death. I no longer cared about consequences and I said to myself that I really could break out of my rut in life and things that were daring, irresponsible or criminal.
He also at some point said this:

Quote:
The moral code of our society is so demanding that no one can think, feel and act in a completely moral way... In order to avoid feelings of guilt, they continually have to deceive themselves about their own motives and find moral explanations for feelings and actions that in reality have a non-moral origin.
I think this is a reoccurring pattern in his life in different areas because he was always frustrated with the feeling externally imposed that he should have to hide his shadow from himself like when he saw certain women and hated them or they angered him:

Quote:
By and by I got bored with this game. One day when I was 13 years old, I was walking down the street and saw a girl. Something about her appearance antagonized me, and, from habit, I began looking for a way to justify hating her, within my logical system. But then I stopped and said to myself "This is getting ridiculous. I'll just chuck all this silly morality business and hate anybody I please." Since then I have never had any interest in or respect for morality, ethics, or anything of the sort.
Of course that isn't true because he clearly felt deep shame and disgust about being autogynephilic and also frustration about having to lie about it in order to get what he wanted.

Other examples are the homosexual men who supported the early Nazi party before the execution of Ernst Röhm, and I think clearly Valerie Solanas was also influenced by her gender/sexual deviations. There are claims that Hitler was chronophilic, gay or 'sexually confused' but that's much less clear.

It's interesting to me though because you probably need some kind of outlet and if you consider Dali (who among other things ironically fetishised Hitler,) he definitely used his work as one outlet.

Quote:
Dali had a more than complex relationship with his sexuality, one that has incited a melee of rumours. Dali is said to have been in a homosexual relationship with poet Federico García Lorca, but is also rumoured to have used masturbation as his near sole source of sexual gratification. He had a fear of both castration and female genitalia, encapsulated in one of his most disturbingly intimate works “The Great Masturbator”. Art historian and critic Brian Sewell has also claimed that Dali once asked him to lie naked in front of one of his sculptures and masturbate whilst he watched.
Quote:
While the vast majority of the Surrealist group professed far-Left political leanings, Dali kept curiously quiet during his early career, before being kicked out of the group for being a Nazi sympathiser, which he denied. Dali went on to make artwork addressing the Hitler, including “The Enigma of Hitler” (above) and “Hitler Masturbating”, once detailing that he “often dreamed of Hitler as a woman” and that the Nazi dictator “turned [him] on”.

Hitler however was not successful artistically.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:22 AM
SAS Member

Good news in the business man department.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-k...79-2019-08-23/

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:

It's interesting to me though because you probably need some kind of outlet and if you consider Dali (who among other things ironically fetishised Hitler,) he definitely used his work as one outlet.
your posts are a huge part of my day-to-day life and it's awesome

Quote:
Good news in the business man department.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-k...79-2019-08-23/

philanthropist

i'm happy he's gone.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post

philanthropist

i'm happy he's gone.
They always call the Kochs 'activists' too, as if there's anything grassroots about their agenda.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Not really, I've watched small parts of a couple of his videos that I stumbled on a while back.

I found out about that documentary (well the guy who made it + other documentaries) while looking around on wikipedia a while back (can't remember what.) But I've only ended up watching that one so far, the title drew me in (as did the top YouTube comment on that YT video upload about the lesbian nuns LOL.)

A while back I was looking at this book which seemed interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...ogy_of_Fascism

(but I have pretty terrible attention issues that make watching/reading stuff a pain,) so I found it interesting how he focussed on Freud and Reich in that episode too.

and I'm kind of interested by the way sexuality is expressed politically including repression (especially queer and paraphilic sexuality,) like before Ted Kaczynski really snapped he was considering transitioning mtf to satisfy his sexual frustration:

He also at some point said this:

I think this is a reoccurring pattern in his life in different areas because he was always frustrated with the feeling externally imposed that he should have to hide his shadow from himself like when he saw certain women and hated them or they angered him:

Of course that isn't true because he clearly felt deep shame and disgust about being autogynephilic and also frustration about having to lie about it in order to get what he wanted.

Other examples are the homosexual men who supported the early Nazi party before the execution of Ernst Röhm, and I think clearly Valerie Solanas was also influenced by her gender/sexual deviations. There are claims that Hitler was chronophilic, gay or 'sexually confused' but that's much less clear.

Hitler however was not successful artistically.
That's interesting how all those things can factor in. When it comes to gender and sexuality I'm completely clueless, it's not something that's I've put much time into, when I do it's usually Contrapoints videos but I mostly am drawn to her other leftist topics. Recently you said you stopped watching her, what were some of the main reasons, would you say she's not the most reliable source on some issues?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:41 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
That's interesting how all those things can factor in. When it comes to gender and sexuality I'm completely clueless, it's not something that's I've put much time into, when I do it's usually Contrapoints videos but I mostly am drawn to her other leftist topics. Recently you said you stopped watching her, what were some of the main reasons, would you say she's not the most reliable source on some issues?
Hm I didn't stop watching her (at least not officially,) but I haven't agreed with some of her more recent videos or some points she makes in them. Not about her general left wing videos though. (And I also tend to think that most YouTubers aren't a brilliant source of info.) I've made a bunch of posts about her videos before as I'm watching them and stuff so don't really want to write everything out again now (plus it's easier when it's fresh.) And I also shouldn't really go near this topic for personal reasons.

I think The Aesthetic was the worst one. I also disagreed with her autogynephilia video too and don't think she really 'debunked' it at all. And I thought her gender critical video was quite weak. I didn't expect it to be good though because it's too personal a topic for her. Disagreed with some points in other videos too but can't say what off the top of my head.

But if I had to point out why I'm so disappointed with her it would be basically this. Since I've been watching her channel since the beginning:

Initially she claimed to be a crossdressing man who wasn't very dysphoric at all, then she came out as genderqueer then she came out as a transwoman. As time went on she seemed to became more obsessed with being feminine along with becoming increasingly more dysphoric.

Before coming out as genderqueer, she basically claimed to have no identity and I think she still doesn't get the concept which is fine. So basically decided in the end she wanted to live according to a female role, and she couldn't use identity as a reason for transitioning, so she had to make a narrative that fit that experience so that's where The Aesthetic came in. I found that to be quite unnecessary, even more so when she wrote out a long twitter thread that she later deleted where she said a bunch of stuff.

Seeing the effect she had on some trans and nb people who don't fit in is also kind of sad (despite being dysphoric I gave up on that community a while ago, due to my experiences, but still)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContraPoint...ut_aesthetics/

A lot of her recent videos are vague conversations with herself about her own insecurities, or attempts to justify stuff she does, where a clear point isn't exactly reached (though you can sort of pick out her opinions if you follow her twitter posts.) It feels like she hides behind her characters quite a bit. I suppose if you view it that way then it almost doesn't matter. But people keep citing her as this kind of God figure who is their sole source of info on the topic of gender/transgender people which isn't great.

I quite like her non-conforming characters like Adria and Tabby though, not to say I'd agree with them on everything.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:23 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Hm I didn't stop watching her (at least not officially,) but I haven't agreed with some of her more recent videos or some points she makes in them. Not about her general left wing videos though. (And I also tend to think that most YouTubers aren't a brilliant source of info.) I've made a bunch of posts about her videos before as I'm watching them and stuff so don't really want to write everything out again now (plus it's easier when it's fresh.) And I also shouldn't really go near this topic for personal reasons.

I think The Aesthetic was the worst one. I also disagreed with her autogynephilia video too and don't think she really 'debunked' it at all. And I thought her gender critical video was quite weak. I didn't expect it to be good though because it's too personal a topic for her. Disagreed with some points in other videos too but can't say what off the top of my head.

But if I had to point out why I'm so disappointed with her it would be basically this. Since I've been watching her channel since the beginning:

Initially she claimed to be a crossdressing man who wasn't very dysphoric at all, then she came out as genderqueer then she came out as a transwoman. As time went on she seemed to became more obsessed with being feminine along with becoming increasingly more dysphoric.

Before coming out as genderqueer, she basically claimed to have no identity and I think she still doesn't get the concept which is fine. So basically decided in the end she wanted to live according to a female role, and she couldn't use identity as a reason for transitioning, so she had to make a narrative that fit that experience so that's where The Aesthetic came in. I found that to be quite unnecessary, even more so when she wrote out a long twitter thread that she later deleted where she said a bunch of stuff.

Seeing the effect she had on some trans and nb people who don't fit in is also kind of sad (despite being dysphoric I gave up on that community a while ago, due to my experiences, but still)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContraPoint...ut_aesthetics/

A lot of her recent videos are vague conversations with herself about her own insecurities, or attempts to justify stuff she does, where a clear point isn't exactly reached (though you can sort of pick out her opinions if you follow her twitter posts.) It feels like she hides behind her characters quite a bit. I suppose if you view it that way then it almost doesn't matter. But people keep citing her as this kind of God figure who is their sole source of info on the topic of gender/transgender people which isn't great.

I quite like her non-conforming characters like Adria and Tabby though, not to say I'd agree with them on everything.
I don't really have solid sources of info on topics of gender/sexuality, being straight cis doesn't exactly lead someone to seek out like-minded communities lol, but it's a topic I should get a basic grasp on since I do interact with lgbtq people often but usually discussing politics, economics, etc.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:49 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Because they are. Being evil and ruthless is the only way you can maneuver yourself into a position of power. Tell me I'm wrong.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:47 AM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
T-shirts displaying brand names are the most cringe worthy thing I see in my everyday life. Pay money to be a walking billboard, **** that nonsense.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:51 AM

Language: English
Who made the businessman behave in that generous manner to contribute their actions to the management program? Evil is an identity to address to a person who is doing good deeds for humanity, without getting warned. Hitler was worshipped by the high authorities, while the Multi Agent Quantum AI Computers put the Jews in chambers and build up corpse pits. The Multi Agent Quantum AI Computers did the same thing during slavery days, when the white master speaks out the logic to lash the black out of African American slaves, the main software engineers said we are whipping humanity into shape.

I spent my childhood watching history channel for picking up the anomaly, I had doubts about history and the market. My grades in social studies was higher than all my other subjects, because I started out with history first of interest.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, health, brain, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, death throughout the day each day."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page