Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Society & Culture (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f32/)
-   -   Why don't women shave their arms? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f32/why-dont-women-shave-their-arms-2226227/)

versikk 08-12-2019 07:30 AM

Why don't women shave their arms?

Gotta shave those legs

Those pits

That cooch

That butthole

That 'stache

And God forbiddeth yon arms art glabrous; for these limbs are Holy, and thou art not.
Posted via Mobile Device

3stacks 08-12-2019 08:29 AM

Idk my friend who is a woman has hairy arms though. They put mine to shame.

millenniumman75 08-12-2019 09:19 AM

Some women do.

Eleonora91 08-12-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stacks (Post 1093782309)

I kind of feel like you're talking about me

RelinquishedHell 08-12-2019 09:37 AM

Gotta shave them balls too for some ladies

KILOBRAVO 08-12-2019 10:34 AM

Funny that this has come up. I asked about women with hairy forearms and do they shave them in another thread that Percy started. Anyway, I found a woman some years ago that I was talking to and while her arms were rested on the desk I noticed how very hairy her forerms were. I actually found it pretty attractive and interesting . It's the first time I noticed REALLY hairy arms on a woman and then it made me wonder do woman shave forearms as much as everywhere else?

WillYouStopDave 08-12-2019 10:57 AM

Actually, I like hairy butts and "cooch". And even hairy armpits, forearms and girlstash don't bother me (kinda hot, actually). I do like smooth legs though. Smooth legs don't look bad on men either. I basically think the legs are the only thing that actually turn me off if they're hairy. Bush is awesome. I don't even like the shaved pubes look on women, TBH. It's OK but hairy ***** pretty much always looks better, IMO.

andy1984 08-12-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093782387)
Actually, I like hairy butts and "cooch". And even hairy armpits, forearms and girlstash don't bother me (kinda hot, actually). I do like smooth legs though. Smooth legs don't look bad on men either. I basically think the legs are the only thing that actually turn me off if they're hairy. Bush is awesome. I don't even like the shaved pubes look on women, TBH. It's OK but hairy ***** pretty much always looks better, IMO.

my legs are super hairy

but yeah anyway body shaming is for idiots. this thread stinks

Canadian Brotha 08-12-2019 11:27 AM

I donít know how women maintain shaving their bodies as is...for me shaving my face every second day is an extreme burden plus the razor burn or bumps...itís why I keep a scruffy beard over that nonsense

Clem Fandango 08-12-2019 11:58 AM

Most womens arms are not that hairy. They'd be better off waxing them I would have thought too.

Monroee 08-12-2019 01:40 PM

I do. My mom remarked that she thinks it's strange to do so, but I have very pale skin and thick, dark hair. (She has very thin and light hair on her arms in contrast). My arms look much better and feminine without hair. I don't care if others think it's strange, I feel better keeping them smooth and that's all that matters to me.

Lohikaarme 08-12-2019 03:22 PM

I've tried and the hairs grow back all wonky, honestly not a good look. I have darker arm hair than the average woman but I'm sorta ok with it. Gotta own your genes!

Ape in space 08-12-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroee (Post 1093782467)
I do. My mom remarked that she thinks it's strange to do so, but I have very pale skin and thick, dark hair. (She has very thin and light hair on her arms in contrast). My arms look much better and feminine without hair. I don't care if others think it's strange, I feel better keeping them smooth and that's all that matters to me.

I thought I had time travelled 8 years into the past for a minute there... :fall

komorikun 08-12-2019 09:26 PM

Because it's not coarse, wiry hair. And most women don't shave/wax their face hair either.

I only shave my armpits daily. Armpit hair is nasty and it's small area so only takes 30 seconds. The rest gets shaved occasionally. Sometimes I go months without shaving the legs since I almost never wear skirts or dresses.

smoothlinghs 08-13-2019 02:44 AM

It grows because it belongs to woman body. If a woman body would be meant to be without hair it would not grow there. You can always keep yourself fully shaved and enjoy the view.

SorryForMyEnglish 08-13-2019 08:48 AM

Pffff It's because if it's not that much of a society norm then why bother even more? That's why. (I have visible arm hair). I'll open a secret to you: women don't shave their things unless they're gonna be visible to someone they don't want to see their body hair and it doesn't have to be every person, all the things at once, all the time, every day of the year or even season. Hope you'll enjoy living with this knowledge for the rest of your life.

Why don't men shave/pluck their arms, legs, eyebrows and everything else?

Monroee 08-13-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape in space (Post 1093782809)
I thought I had time travelled 8 years into the past for a minute there... :fall

What, me posting? I never left, just turned into a lurker mostly. :smile2:

versikk 08-14-2019 11:32 AM

so the point of this thread was to get info as to why there are so many "normative areas that shall remain glabrous"

so in the case of stache and arm hair, obviously that doesn't apply if the amount of hair is incredibly small. i do see a lot of females with tons of vellus hairs on their face and/or arms.

it's not really relevant what our own opinions are (imo, body hair is disgusting, for the most part). it was pretty interesting reading your opinions tho.

but yeah body hair is noticeable for me, i've shaved my body for more than a decade so yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093782387)

fascinating:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy1984 (Post 1093782389)
my legs are super hairy

but yeah anyway body shaming is for idiots. this thread stinks

i'm not body shaming anyone:roll

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroee (Post 1093782467)

haha same

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish (Post 1093783111)
women don't shave their things unless they're gonna be visible to someone they don't want to see their body hair and it doesn't have to be every person, all the things at once, all the time, every day of the year or even season. Hope you'll enjoy living with this knowledge for the rest of your life.

Why don't men shave/pluck their arms, legs, eyebrows and everything else?

i know it's common to make exceptions altho i never thought about it in this structured way.

i don't know why men usually don't remove their body hair. altho i'll admit it looks more masculine, altho personally i find body hair on anyone pretty disgusting, altho there was this one time I saw an afab with leg hair, and it turned me on (but i think that's more about their gender-abnormality than the hair itself, but still)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell (Post 1093782333)
Gotta shave them balls too for some ladies

seriously i don't care how hot a dude is, if he doesn't shave he can fcvk off.

3stacks 08-14-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleonora91 (Post 1093782329)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stacks (Post 1093782309)

I kind of feel like you're talking about me

:lol maybe

blue2 08-14-2019 03:12 PM

Umm...For extra heat in winter.