Why don't women shave their arms? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 PM
An Rí
 
Cashel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 4,027
Why would they? Just extra work and I doubt many people really care.

"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction, that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
Cashel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Permanently tired
 
AffinityWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: barely livings ave.
Gender: Female
Age: 21
Posts: 1,831
My Mood: Tired
I have long, dark body hair coupled with a pale complexion so that probably makes my arm hair more noticeable but I've never given it much thought or seriously considered removing it. I just find arm hair an exception compared to body hair on other areas. Only my mother has commented on it, recently, but I told her I don't really care about hair there and that no one else has ever seemed to care, either. Legs, underarms and the pubic area are much more important to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Actually, I like hairy butts and "cooch". And even hairy armpits, forearms and girlstash don't bother me (kinda hot, actually). I do like smooth legs though. Smooth legs don't look bad on men either. I basically think the legs are the only thing that actually turn me off if they're hairy. Bush is awesome. I don't even like the shaved pubes look on women, TBH. It's OK but hairy ***** pretty much always looks better, IMO.
You'd be a keeper. : I tend to perfect the yeti look during the winter or when I don't feel like removing the hair in general, but that includes the legs. Though that's actually because they're the second biggest annoyance and pain to remove after pubes for me, mostly because of the ingrowns that form when I do try to remove them.

Interesting that you say you like bushes! I've seen most guys say they prefer "at least trimmed". (Though I'm guessing that's because it also makes it easier for action down there)

There was a girl I saw in high school that had some of the hairiest arms I had ever seen, but I still didn't really give much thought to it or see anyone else that did, either. If anything, I found it somewhat attractive so I know what you mean. (Or maybe it's just because I'm weird. )



"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."



"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."


Mili
AffinityWing is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:25 AM
❤️ Moderator ❤️
 
Silent Memory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 7,097
I’ve always wondered why it’s okay to have hairy arms but not okay to have hairy legs. It never made sense.

I shave mine.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Silent Memory is online now  
 
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:08 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
Gender: Female
Posts: 767
My Mood: Cheeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
I’ve always wondered why it’s okay to have hairy arms but not okay to have hairy legs. It never made sense.
It is as logical as men who don't shave themselves because body hair is gross but they want their partners shaved..

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
smoothlinghs is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:12 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,224
I don't mind a bit of hair on women's arms and legs, it's different for men and everyone has their preferences but for women as long as they shave down there that's all that matters.
Suchness is online now  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:22 AM
Packing My Bags
 
Blue Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6,367
One of the few things I'm blessed with is not having arm hair. Only really shave my legs and armpits, about once every few weeks. Sometimes longer.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.

Succinct is golden.
Blue Dino is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:21 AM
SAS Member
 
Eleonora91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milan, Italy
Language: Italian, English
Gender: Female
Age: 28
Posts: 319
My Mood: Stressed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
maybe

Eff you then just because my hairs are darker doesn't mean that I'm super hairy.
I shaved recently btw

«But the thing that girls know best, is that glitter covers all the ugliness
And they know one thing above all the rest
Sparkle covers evilness
Shimmer covers all the mess
Glitter covers darkness»
Eleonora91 is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:39 AM
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,614
Couldn't give that much of a **** about hair on arms. Not really bothered about underarm hair. Definitely not bothered about pubic hair. I will admit though, I find super smooth legs on a woman a massive, massive turnon.

Fwiw, I pluck a tiny bit of eyebrow hair sometimes. Dealing with hair anywhere else would be an insane effort, though.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
SplendidBob is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:58 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
Gender: Female
Posts: 767
My Mood: Cheeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I don't mind a bit of hair on women's arms and legs, it's different for men and everyone has their preferences but for women as long as they shave down there that's all that matters.
Because you are fully shaved down there, of course? Or do we have again man settled double standard-rules for women only?

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
smoothlinghs is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:05 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothlinghs View Post
Because you are fully shaved down there, of course? Or do we have again man settled double standard-rules for women only?
I was being sarcastic lol.
Suchness is online now  
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Gangsta Crayon
 
PurplePeopleEater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Fagonard
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,213
I dont see the need to shave my arms. The hairs are not dark so screw it. Although, one time I took a picture of a bug in my hand and the flash was on. My arm was in the picture and my hairs on my arm showed up dark. Lol That was back when I used to use the flash on my camera.
PurplePeopleEater is offline  
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:06 PM
SAS Member
 
Smallfry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England
Gender: Female
Age: 36
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
Gotta shave them balls too for some ladies
Almost spat my tea out

I don't have much hair on my arms, my hair is generally very light so I can get away with not shaving although for general maintenance, I do shave my legs and underarms
Smallfry is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:10 PM
blurry dystopia gif ☣️
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 37,745
Apparently they do in Japan. For some reason a bunch of gaijin YouTuber's brought that up after moving there (because it wasn't the norm where they came from - usualy Canada or the US.) Might be because Japanese people have less body hair than white people though so they'd get comments.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:56 PM
SAS Member
 
RelinquishedHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Gender: Other
Age: 29
Posts: 16,344
My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
Gotta shave them balls too for some ladies
Almost spat my tea out [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG]
😈
RelinquishedHell is online now  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
abandon thread abandon thread
versikk is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier
 
twitchy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkshire
Language: ASCII, T-SQL
Gender: Male
Age: 43
Posts: 8,276
My Mood: Angry
no hair should be about how it looks to the beholder.

physical comfort only

i clipper all my back and sides of head a lot cos it grows back really, really quick after the barber does it. needs doing every 2 weeks.

i leave it longer now, cos nobody will ever see me for years but when the back or sides feel too thick i get rid of it. all the dandruff goes with it. into the toilet. clean! smart! back of head is hardly ever seen? unless in festival crowds? no even there? crotch is not publicly visible. i trim it with medical scissors, coa a magazine article suggestion. when in hospital. asked nurse for medical scissors, as article said. so did that in bathroom. had a pair at home for decades. sure i took it from hospital? wiry, stiff tuff hair. barber said i have strong hair. worst is jawbone hair. mechanical machine cannot tackle it. clippers tool best. not crotch as clearing that, still much stays. jawbone area contributes a bit to get rid, but it never disappears. blade or anything.
tried chest, biceps, any area, legs, all as experiment. all hair is like a pillow.

girlfriend? i'd like her clear it? while i can't see. i'd do hers. rate of growth a major feature. timing..

EGC tests need clearing check hair so rubber sticks there.
ans cleared area topical looks silly..

umm browser history.. cookies? when clear? how often? never? every minute? any zoom level. with a job, i shave more regularly.
twitchy666 is offline  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:18 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 5,379
Hairy women don't bother me. Unshaved legs would be weird at first but i think i'd get used to it. As long as she doesn't have a beard and mustache, i'm good. Then again, it's not about what i want as a man anyways. Women can do all the poinltess upkeep they want if they so desire.
T-Bone is offline  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:10 PM
SAS Member
 
JustJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 130
I feel like if you do not want to shave, you shouldn't. Everyone has a preference of course, but what really matters is how YOU feel about it. For example I very much like hairy guys, but current trends seem to be clean shaven. Meh.
JustJordan is offline  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:21 PM
You tell me
 
Rains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,042
Because the hair on my arms is kind of like peach fuzz. Why would I bother.
Rains is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:02 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,241
My Mood: Dead
I actually remembered I shaved them once when my friend made fun of them. Then the girl who was sitting next to me at school found that odd and the friend that made fun of it then made fun of the fact that I shaved them and said people don't do this (and then she shaved them herself once lol).

I think some of the reasons why women might also shave them besides the requirements for women to be hairless and smooth (even though arms are not that judged, but still) and their perception of themselves as women in this culture (if they have visible hair on their arms then they're disgusting hairy not feminine beast) could also be: their mothers shame them into this (I know plenty of cases like that, at least where I'm from) or maybe because they want to have a lot of control over their body/themselves in general. Although it all leads to the first reason anyway.

Sorry not sorry
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome