Who do you hate? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Who do you hate?

Before you answer:

I know a lot of people have a reflex of "I don't hate anyone", so let me clarify:

who do you dislike? who do you not feel affinity towards (lol, I don't know how to make it any milder)?

Do you talk about people you hate or just avoid them?
How do you feel about those feelings?

---

can be general traits or famous people or people you know as long as you don't break the forum rules or whatever

Administrator’s Note: Please do not post in this thread about any hatred you may have for a member of SAS. This would be considered a personal attack and will not be tolerated. Hatred of a gender or a minority group will be seen as bigotry. Violence is also not allowed - Please don’t say you wish someone dead or that you wish you could hurt or kill them. Thank you, and sorry if these rules seem harsh.

لا خيرَ في كثيرٍ من نجواهُم

Last edited by Silent Memory; 10-02-2020 at 12:04 PM. Reason: I added a note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
I don't like people who pick on other people. That's about it. I feel like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post
I know a lot of people have a reflex of "I don't hate anyone", so let me clarify:
is directed at me, because I really don't hate anyone, lol. If by hate we mean, "feel so negatively about them that we wish them harm."

I don't dislike anyone strongly enough to wish them ill. If there is someone I intensely dislike, my greatest wish is for them to have a change of heart and start being a kinder person. If they asked for my help, and seemed to genuinely need it, (and it wasn't going to be put to bad ends,) I would help them.

But it all depends on how you define hate. I tend to see it as an emotion that condones harm against the offending person, which is something I just don't feel toward anyone.

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Fupa King

Language: English
Hate. You're right. I don't like the word. But I would say I'm persistently angry with a lot of people, usually my racist family members. And generally a lot of people in the south who hide white supremacy and racism under thinly veiled hospitality and neighborliness.

Life's Wack

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 03:50 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Inconsiderate people bother me, and I would rather not be around them. I prefer not to even think about them, and do my best to ignore their behavior.

I don't enjoy feeling annoyed at anything, I don't like feeling angry. That is one of the reasons I try to just ignore people that bother me, I would rather spend time thinking about things that I enjoy.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 04:14 PM
Failure's Art

The sacks of **** that run my company. The more of us they lay off the larger their compensation packages. They're like vampires, sucking our blood. **** 'em all.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I don't like people who pick on other people. That's about it. I feel like

is directed at me, because I really don't hate anyone, lol. If by hate we mean, "feel so negatively about them that we wish them harm."

I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular. I just think it's a language problem for me, because I talk in extremes (unless I actively try to think before I talk, lol).

I can say something like "This is the best movie I've ever seen in my life" --> when I actually just mean "The movie was okay. I had a good time."

I probably also said "The thing I hate most in my life is x" about a million things without thinking about it.

So, yeah in my mind "the worst person in the world" = someone who slightly annoyed me today

I sometimes have to go over my posts and remove a lot of "very" and "extremely" and other words I just add automatically without thinking

^ See

---

lol, off topic. Was just clarifying. When I "HATE" someone, it's probably mild dislike for other people.

لا خيرَ في كثيرٍ من نجواهُم
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
There are those few individuals that everyone encounters at least a few times who put you in a bad mood whenever you see their presence. I can think of one or two, one of them being more recent because of the impression that they've given off that they don't like me (which is fine in of itself, but not where bigger, more important things while around them are impacted.)

Otherwise, it does take quite a bit to hate someone.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post

I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular. I just think it's a language problem for me, because I talk in extremes (unless I actively try to think before I talk, lol).

I can say something like "This is the best movie I've ever seen in my life" --> when I actually just mean "The movie was okay. I had a good time."

I probably also said "The thing I hate most in my life is x" about a million things without thinking about it.

So, yeah in my mind "the worst person in the world" = someone who slightly annoyed me today

I sometimes have to go over my posts and remove a lot of "very" and "extremely" and other words I just add automatically without thinking

^ See

---

lol, off topic. Was just clarifying. When I "HATE" someone, it's probably mild dislike for other people.
Yeah, well, in that milder sense, like, "I HATE anchovies on pizza," I use "hate" all the time. Maybe I was taking the thread too seriously. If we're just talking about it in a "this person is bugging me right now" sense I suppose I "hate" lots of people. There are people I just can't stand to be around, like my sister's bf.

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 08:14 PM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

Language: English, some Italian. Also Australianisms and Swearing.
I don't "hate" people I dislike. I am simply indifferent to them. Besides, it is a wasted emotion anyways when one could respond more productively instead.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Pesky Pessimist

I hate you, for most late nights always setting off my neighbor's motion sensing spotlight several times per night. You stupid possum. I hate you. Go wander around somewhere else.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 10:30 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
I HATE anyone who tries to control other peoples' actions, thoughts, beliefs -- lives. Dictators, monarchs, authoritarian governments and organizations, including most religions. Legislators, colonialists and missionaries. Anyone or anything that insists their way is "good" or "right" while anyone else is "bad" or "wrong." People who don't, can't or won't understand that diversity is a good thing and that what works for one person is pretty much guaranteed to not work for someone else.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 11:12 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
People who discriminate based on sex, ethnicity or anything else you're born with.
People who think it's acceptable to force or coerce others to do things against their will, especially combined with the above.
People who think it's acceptable to censor speech they don't agree with.

Basically, anyone who doesn't want to mind their own damn business and let everyone else do the same.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-03-2020, 02:18 AM
Ω

Who? Well presumably people you've never heard of in my personal life. There are some traits that tick me off especially though. Like hypocrisy. Inconsistency. Things like that. Though more often than not, I find myself disliking superficial things about people. I can sometimes just look at a stranger, and my mind starts making negative assumptions about them. It's pretty bad. If only some people knew that it's something I have no control over. I don't wanna be a grumpy old man one day. Like my father. Or my grandfather. Oh well.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-03-2020, 02:42 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
99% of humans

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I’m more likely to dislike certain attitudes or beliefs. So it’s probably difficult sometimes to get at what it is I actually dislike. Benevolent sexism really pisses me off and it comes from all kinds of people across the political spectrum and it's (mostly,) ignored so it might piss me off more than hostile sexism. I don't deal with hostile sexism as often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

I have a pretty strong dislike for my ex. I struggle with that, because I ended it and really really didn't want to, she kinda forced my hand. But then I don't really dislike her, its just an instinctive thing that gets the better of me sometimes. I alternate between that, and wanting the best for her, and missing her. Its confused.

I hate some peoples behaviour sometimes, but I do try not to hate them, personally. eEveryone is the victim of their circumstances, plus, hatred doesn't really sem that productive.

I definitely don't like a lot of people though, and am very choosy about who I spend time with.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 09:54 PM
SAS Member

My parents.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 08:52 AM
SAS Member

The industrial revolution and its consequences.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 09:50 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Hating people is too much work. I am sometimes repelled by people if I have to be around them (because being around them is more work than not being around them) but once they are away from me, they're not my problem anymore and I refuse to waste energy thinking about them if I don't need to.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 10:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
The Governor of my state is an awful human being. He has made some epically bad decisions over the past few months. Plus, he is a tyrant. And he is rather bigoted.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page