post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Yoink

Exclamation

Welcome to 2070

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Nah not that concerned, I'll be melting myself by 2070

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
It's already 2070 or even later. The chickens are coming home to roost.
Are they still laying eggs?

Good. It's 2070 and I'm dead without having had to die so I don't know I'm still here. Wait. This is not good.

/WYSD

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Welcome to 2070
Probably not tbh.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 09:24 AM
alien monk

too bad most people wont do anything about it lol. and so many people are actively working towards it.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 01:50 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Lightbulb

electronics & software become obsolete?

in way retail shops dying... derelict, bankrupt

cos not used? cost of commercial ground rent...

cost of manufacturing bits of tiny metals

back to wood, grass, water... NO prettyy graphics

sit around muddy, by bonfire? no screens?

time people give up all false, enticing glam treats so pretty!! animated junk: CALLL USSS! SIGNN UPPPP!!! look how pretty things on tiny screeenn.. BUUYYY!!?? SUBBBSCRIIIBE????????? ALL equivalent as TV & Billboard vinyl.

ALL for EYEZ to get money out of people, just making them look at cars, furniture! Clothes... big screens getting people go keep buying bigger screens
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Yoink

Welcome to 2100. Global warming is going to make the pandemic seem like a picnic.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/tha...imate-experts/

Quote:
A small Siberian town north of the Arctic Circle reached 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit on Saturday, a figure that—if verified—would be the highest temperature reading in the region since record-keeping began in 1885.

“This scares me, I have to say,” environmentalist and 350.org co-founder Bill McKibben tweeted in response to news of the record-breaking reading in Verkhoyansk, where the average high temperature in June is 68F.

Washington Post climate reporter Andrew Freedman noted Sunday that if the reading is confirmed, it “would be the northernmost 100-degree reading ever observed, and the highest temperature on record in the Arctic, a region that is warming at more than twice the rate of the rest of the globe.”

“On Sunday, the same location recorded a high temperature of 95.3 degrees (35.2 Celsius), showing the Saturday reading was not an anomaly,” the newspaper reported. “While some questions remain about the accuracy of the Verkhoyansk temperature measurement, data from a Saturday weather balloon launch at that location supports the 100-degree reading. Temperatures in the lower atmosphere, at about 5,000 feet, also were unusually warm at 70 degrees (21 Celsius), a sign of extreme heat at the surface.”

The World Meteorological Organization said Sunday that is “preliminarily accepting the observation as a new extreme” as it conducts a more thorough review of the Verkhoyansk reading.

Siberian town tops 100 degrees F, the hottest temperature ever recorded north of the Arctic Circle.
This scares me, I have to say. https://t.co/NatjQhuLGn
— Bill McKibben (@billmckibben) June 21, 2020
“100F about 70 miles north of the Arctic Circle today in Siberia. That’s a first in all of recorded history,” tweeted meteorologist Eric Holthaus. “We are in a climate emergency.”

The reading comes as Siberia is in the midst of a prolonged heatwave that has alarmed climate scientists and activists.

“Been watching the Siberian heatwave for months and it’s beyond terrifying—already suffering what was expected in 2100 in a worst case scenario,” said climate activist and conservationist Charlie Gardner.

As the Guardian reported last week, “the freak temperatures [in Siberia] have been linked to wildfires, a huge oil spill, and a plague of tree-eating moths.”

Temperatures reached +38C within the Arctic Circle on Saturday, 17C hotter than normal for 20 June. #GlobalHeating is accelerating, and some parts of the world are heating a lot faster than others.
The #RaceToZero emissions is a race for survival.
Dataviz via @ScottDuncanWX pic.twitter.com/NIKeAYdiJd
— UN Climate Change (@UNFCCC) June 22, 2020
“Russian towns in the Arctic Circle have recorded extraordinary temperatures, with Nizhnyaya Pesha hitting 30C on 9 June and Khatanga, which usually has daytime temperatures of around 0C at this time of year, hitting 25C on 22 May. The previous record was 12C.”

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 04:55 PM
Self isolating from self

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
Welcome to 2100. Global warming is going to make the pandemic seem like a picnic.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/tha...imate-experts/
It doesn't seems to bother our robot overlords.

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 02:26 AM
Social Pothole

I feel sorry for toddlers and adolescents I see now out and about. The thought is scary.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 05:49 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Yeah my sisters friend recently gave birth to a baby boy & I apparently was the downer by saying I pity the little fool looking at the state of things... his grandfather is also a pedophile/rapist who's in prison, double whammy, poor little fella

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 06:04 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
https://www.businessinsider.com/mill...17-2?r=US&IR=T

Quote:
LONDON — In the 20th Century, a predictable economic pattern emerged in the UK: Each new generation's income grew at a pace of roughly 50% more than their parents' did. From 1881 onwards, Britons only became more prosperous as the decades went by. Every parent could expect their children to do better than they did.
But data published on Monday by the Resolution Foundation show that for the first time in more than 100 years the current generation of workers — millennials — are doing worse than the generation before them, Generation X. Generational income growth has stopped.
(It's like this in most places that aren't Norway I think.)

Love this for us. (although my parents aren't gen x and most people in my generation's parents aren't gen x but needless to say we're also doing worse than boomers obviously. My aunt is gen x and her kids are like 12/13 and 18/19 I think?)

Well we can assume for a number of reasons, it's all down hill from here. And we're destroying the planet as we go. But don't be a downer lol.

Quote:
As the youngest generation, millennials cannot yet expect to have property ownership rates that compare with the boomers. But — as Business Insider has previously reported — they are still "significantly lower" on the ladder than where the historic average would suggest.

Those two factors — stagnant income growth and inability to access the property market — combined with the rampant wealth creation of Britain's property market means you have a continuation of the trend that divides Britain into two distinct classes: Those who own houses and those who are getting poorer. Except now we know there is a distinctly generational aspect to this divide.
Alternatively:

Quote:
(CNN)On paper, it looks like Scott Larsen is doing better than his father was at the same age.

At 29, Larsen has a college degree and earns more money, but he doesn't feel he's moving up in the world.
When his father, Craig, was 29, he was already married, owned a home in Payson, Utah, and had two of his five children. Now 64, Craig Larsen worked as a mechanical engineer, earning about $20,000 a year at the time, or about $50,500 in today's dollars, even though he hadn't finished college. His wife, Kathy, was a stay-at-home mom.

Scott, the youngest of the kids, is a marketing manager for a health and beauty company based in nearby Provo, Utah. Though he earns around $60,000 annually -- about 20% more than his dad did at his age -- he is living with his parents, because he doesn't feel he can afford to buy a place of his own thanks to soaring housing prices. While his dad was able to purchase a house for a little over twice his annual salary, Scott Larsen says he'd have to spend more than five times his yearly paycheck.

"The prospect of taking care of a family or buying a normal, decent home seem like far-off dreams that I'll have to reconsider in another five years," said Scott Larsen, noting that living at home is "horrible" for his social life but is a "financially sound idea."
My friend (same age,) is a senior programmer at a major game dev company and can't afford property either. And I consider this doing well for my age, and still in the same kinda place.

I think in the UK it's like 1/3rd of millennials who will never own property and 1/2 will be renting into their 40s.

I'm not American or a 13 to 17 year old but I too would like to say teenage gangs are a huge local problem. They've had machete fights in the shopping centre during the day time, they've had fights in the local university campus, teenagers getting stabbed near the bottom of my garden etc.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page