Vegans anyone? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Vegans anyone?

I was wondering if anyone here is vegan? I'm a big believer in eating non-living things, and eating mostly plant material based food, as my belief on eating animals is based on animal cruelty. I don't condone in eating animals, but I do eat fish, so I guess that makes me a pescetarian more than a pure vegan. Still, I consider myself vegan and base it off of a healthy lifestyle with health benefits, as opposed to the carnivore western diet. I do respect those who are opposed to this diet though, based on their views and respect their eating habits. I just love animals in general and don't know how anyone can eat them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 AM
Permanently Banned

You sound a little like me. Except I eat meat on very rare occasions :/ Iím pescatarian but I would prefer to be a vegan and I have been one before. But The only thing with becoming vegan is that getting milk from the animal actually doesnít harm the animal. Although, I do prefer vegan options apart from chocolate. And personally I prefer to be a non processed eater like I wish I could just eat raw vegetables but thatís not going to happen lol. I did paleo for a while and it was hard without meat and without certain grains and vegetables. I felt sooo much better, mood and energy during my paleo days though fr have you ever done paleo eating?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:04 PM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
Yes I'm vegan.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 02:39 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
i'm having dejavu from this thread.

basically the same type, i tell people i'm a vegn but i'm not a Vegan™. i'll eat meat/dairy/whatever out of curiosity or sharing, but i wont buy it usually (just when getting takeaways with no vegan options or hidden ingredients... i don't like getting takeaways and i don't like asking for a customized meal). i realize the impact and i think about it every time. i still react to people saying they are "vegan but..." in a silly policing way in my head .

also, (in response to the previous post) to say that milking an animal doesn't harm them... big old nope. but i wont go into it because i guess this thread isn't for that.

we live in a dirty crooked world and we are dirty and crooked. even if you follow vegan 100% one ought to wonder at the various other things in your life which aren't aligned - if you drive a car, fast fashion, partake in unfair distribution of wealth, and so on and so on. the christians are right in that we are all sinners, there is always more work to do. that doesn't mean the work we are doing is meaningless!

all living being suffer and die, perhaps wild ones even more so. this is how nature functions. this is why i'm more antinatalist, efilist (possibly). but also negative utilitarian influences. what belongs in the realm of personal responsibility and what is beyond it, i'm not sure. a posibility to take a christian point of view and see that the whole functions somehow for some purpose or reason? or darwinism? should we care about the feelings of others, which are at best a clumsy guess, and almost entirely immaterial (being states of the mind/brain)? our responses to our own feelings are mechanical, more directly necessary than the abstraction of others. solipsism?

anywho, being committed to a way of life, opposed to unnecessary harm. the abstraction falls away when you see or imagine the harms in front of you. the environmental, psychological, and bodily harms. the end of utopian dreams to realize we live in a nightmare. this is a commitment to know the consequences of your actions and to live as if the abstractions were real, which they are. all too easy for people to turn their attention away from reality, simply enjoy their own feelings in psychological isolation from the consequences.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 05:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I'd like to but it's too difficult. You probably have to do a lot more cooking just to maintain variety and nutrition.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Failure's Art

I've reduced the meat in my diet to mostly just fish and try to eat all vegetarian meals like 2 days a week but to be honest it's just too difficult to find enough veggies to eat and maintain my weight. I'm skinny and don't want to end up any skinnier.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 10:08 AM
SAS Member

im a vegab 4 years.....it takes a while to adapt but now i do feel healthier....i eat lots of fruit and veg....and i eat a good vegan muesli (its called kelkin UK brand) vgean milk tastes just the same as regular milk.....alpro do good vegan yogurts and also yoplait have started a vegan yogurt

eat plenty of nuts......also in the uk we have hovis bread seven seeds which is great f or vegans, its the most nutritious bread on the market.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: spanglish
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkarl View Post
im a vegab 4 years.....it takes a while to adapt but now i do feel healthier....i eat lots of fruit and veg....and i eat a good vegan muesli (its called kelkin UK brand) vgean milk tastes just the same as regular milk.....alpro do good vegan yogurts and also yoplait have started a vegan yogurt

eat plenty of nuts......also in the uk we have hovis bread seven seeds which is great f or vegans, its the most nutritious bread on the market.
wow, good job. I always found it very challenging to cut out all meat.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:22 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeBucket View Post
I'm a big believer in eating non-living things
So am I. Everything is dead by the time it reaches my mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeBucket View Post
I just love animals in general and don't know how anyone can eat them.
Aren't fish animals too? They can eat them in the same way that you can eat fish.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 01:00 PM
zkv
SAS Member

I did it for about half a year, maybe a bit longer. It was nice, not having animal deaths and suffering on my conscience. But then I got all depressed and nihilistic and fell off the wagon never to climb back up.

I got knocked down but I'll get up.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

I've been vegan for nearly a year now. Take 7 different supplements a day. An ex of mine showed me a video called The Truth About the Milk Industry on YouTube and I found it incredibly hard to watch. I didn't like soya milk at first but now I am absolutely fine with it

https://youtu.be/FvppRx41YDU
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:07 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysrunning View Post
I've been vegan for nearly a year now. Take 7 different supplements a day. An ex of mine showed me a video called The Truth About the Milk Industry on YouTube and I found it incredibly hard to watch. I didn't like soya milk at first but now I am absolutely fine with it

https://youtu.be/FvppRx41YDU
why so many supplements?

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
why so many supplements?
I take Echiomega ( alternative to fish oil, as I don't consume fish ), Iron, Probio 7 which has 10 billion friendly bacteria, vitamin D3, vitamin c, a combination of zinc magnesium and vitamin B6, Iron. Just trying not to be deficient in anything. Try and eat as healthy as possible. I was growing my own wheatgrass to juice but found that really not pleasant to drink in the end
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:49 PM
SAS Member

[QUOTE=irishkarl;1093987605]im a vegab 4 years.....it takes a while to adapt but now i do feel healthier....i eat lots of fruit and veg....and i eat a good vegan muesli (its called kelkin UK brand) vgean milk tastes just the same as regular milk.....alpro do good vegan yogurts and also yoplait have started a vegan yogurt

The Alpro Sweet Creamy Caramel soya yogurts are amazing haha it's hard not to eat all in one go I havent found any vegan sugar free gum yet though.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

When I bought the wheatgrass seeds to grow the wheatgrass, I needed compost and on the site it said vegan compost so I got that one. I hadn't thought about that before. The vegetables and fruit etc 99.9% sure is not gonna be grown in vegan compost lol You do your best innit.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:26 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I avoid eating cows and pigs. I dunno, I like cows, they remind me of big dorky dogs and I felt guilty whenever I ate them. Pigs are smart animals, that I also feel guilty about eating.

I eat fish like you, and sometimes chicken, but usually I eat the meatless alternatives which I find just as enjoyable. I think a lot of the vegan options are pretty tasty, and common enough down here to find sales on. Honestly, I would prefer to not be the cause of suffering for other sentient organisms and work toward veganism but unfortunately, do on the occasion slip up.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 08:06 AM
SAS Member

I was for about 8 years but am currently trying carnivore/zero-carb (just beef, salt and water right now). Ethically I feel like a piece of s* but my motivation has always been solving a specific health issue. If this experiment provides me no relief I'll be going back to vegetarian at least.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 05:51 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Psychedelic
I am a vegan for more than a year. So far it's been good. I never consumed much meat to begin with. I did like seafood, but I was able to give that up too.

Talented people do a lot of things, but Geniuses do what they do best.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM
experimental sincerity

We do have a thread like this! I started slipping into plant-based eating a couple of months ago and it's going really well. I feel amazing and I'm slowly shifting some weight. I think it's not so much me cutting out dairy (I was a vegetarian before) as a wholesale shift to healthier eating. I was concerned about getting enough of various nutrients when stopping dairy, so I delved deep into nutrition research and started getting serious about what I was putting into my mouth. My fridge really looks like a garden now

My lifestyle is far from vegan though. Due to problems with my feet it's incredibly hard to find shoes that I can wear and even though I splashed out on fancy vegan shoes a few years ago, it was a no-go. I'm also not throwing out any 'legacy' leather (belt & watch strap). I haven't stopped wearing wool, mostly because I can't stand most synthetics (unpleasant to wear and bad for the environment), although I am doing away with silk (not that I had much of it).

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 06:32 AM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
I'm not vegan but I do think that sometime in the distant (or near) future; people will have to be vegan by law and eventually people will look back on history in disgust like we do with slavery and Jewish camps, etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page