The effects of porn on people, society and newer generations. Feminist critique of porn - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 01:17 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Nice attitude there, we feel really welcomed to discuss here.

She talks about how X -things are wrong, violent, degrading,"you think this is extreme, this is mainstream!" etc. so then she must also have an idea what is "normal" sex? The sex people were having before the internet? before porn magazines? before erotic novels? Is all porn bad, or just the one she doesn't like? You would think spanking women during sex is violent and I would never do that, but apparently most women like it? This requires statistics about specific sexual acts, before we can get the idea of "wrong" types of sex and not some random stories Gail has heard.

Supposedly men are so innocent and respectful towards women by nature and this is not the kind of sex men want, yet, when they see gagging and fisting porn, they get instantly addicted and adjust their fantasies on what porn producers want? Unless you're believing in some sort of systemic demoralization conspiracy, there is no agenda, other than money. They produce what people want and people just are "nasty". We are just beginning to see our true colors.

This sounds ignorant and is, but I don't understand this having sex with someone and then having to do unpleasant things part. Without porn, this wouldn't happen, or something? I would imagine a person who can't say no to things or feels the need to fit in, would behave like this anyway, how the extreme porn would make it worse?
If this part is about more painful sex experiences when you sleep around a lot "you know how many men have cum on my face without asking" (btw. What kind of things should have the permission to do during the sex?) then I'm too socially retarded to have sympathy for that, I would not expect anything less than a rape, when hooking up with random people, if I was a woman, not because of violent porn, but because how men are. The other experience Gail told, was about a deal breaking incident, again what the woman was thinking? She would have gotten into a relationship with a man, who would have kept his sexual fantasies to himself, if it wasn't for the porn? If anything, she dodged a bullet.


So what's the endgame here? Porn causes problems, sure, but all the solutions sound basically conservative. Bans, values to live by, creating the unwritten ideal image of sex and porn, wipe the nastiness of the human nature under the rug-> create the uncontrolled hidden illegal underground porn industry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
obvious reasons.
Please enlighten us

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 01:53 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I'm too socially retarded to have sympathy for that, I would not expect anything less than a rape, when hooking up with random people, if I was a woman, not because of violent porn, but because how men are.
Wait so let me get this straight, you think that all men who have casual sex are rapists?

Quote:
So what's the endgame here? Porn causes problems, sure, but all the solutions sound basically conservative. Bans, values to live by, creating the unwritten ideal image of sex and porn, wipe the nastiness of the human nature under the rug-> create the uncontrolled hidden illegal underground porn industry.
Well if you add all the logic in this thread so far together eg: porn changes people's sexuality and all men are rapists then the problem will solve itself on the female end, since a lot of women are watching lesbian porn.

I guess all those people who want to force fem the incels can take care of the rest (if you're interested google '4chan archive tranny psyops,' almost every link I come across has nude images in) (again going with the logic that people's sexuality is infinitely flexible in whatever direction you want it to go in.)

There's even a manifesto written in late 2018:

https://vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/

(yeah I get bored with basic feminism it's not extreme enough turns out they were right I need more hardcore feminism these days for my popcorn fix.)

Unfortunately I can't abide the Amazonian female only future (it's very entertaining but no,) because I'm trying to do some **** with androgyny here like every good Satanic Jewish Capitalist Lizard man (tm)

and if you understand anything in this post, I'm sorry for your loss.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #23 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:26 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Wait so let me get this straight, you think that all men who have casual sex are rapists?
1 in 20 women are raped, so if I was a woman having sex with random people I would then expect to be raped sooner or later, why would anyone take that risk? ... naah just kidding, you got it homo, that's EXACTLY what I meant, ALL THE MEN ARE RAPISTS!

Quote:
Well if you add all the logic in this thread so far together eg: porn changes people's sexuality and all men are rapists then the problem will solve itself on the female end, since a lot of women are watching lesbian porn.
There's no logic in this thread. The OP plays some mysterious character, who sends us links to long monologues, where we have to find the secret point of the thread. If you dare to comment the subject, this person quickly shoots you down and whispers "That is not the real point, listen the whole story and you will see the real point" -What is your point, why won't you just tel... "Hush, see the whole clip and you will see..."

"sorryformyenglish" is a hologram, similar to the one in "I robot"

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #24 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,183
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Nice attitude there, we feel really welcomed to discuss here.
Who “we”? Do you also raise a concern about people not being super nurturing to you in other threads in this section of forum, to feel cozy when arguments and heated discussions are happening? Never noticed anyone doing that in other threads here.

Quote:
She talks about how X -things are wrong, violent, degrading,"you think this is extreme, this is mainstream!" etc. so then she must also have an idea what is "normal" sex? The sex people were having before the internet? before porn magazines? before erotic novels? Is all porn bad, or just the one she doesn't like? You would think spanking women during sex is violent and I would never do that, but apparently most women like it? This requires statistics about specific sexual acts, before we can get the idea of "wrong" types of sex and not some random stories Gail has heard.
While necessarily “before”? Why not after women are fully equal and there’s no trace of patriarchy etc? I mean that’s if you’re talking about it in general. She applies feminist analysis to that so hello. Perhaps, it’s sex where women are not degraded, raped treated violently and men neither? Perhaps, when women and men no longer recreate those gender roles that are old btw and haven’t changed? As for everything else, no one is interested in snooping your bedroom to control what kind of sex you’re experiencing and tell you to do it in a “normal” way or the way they consider is right.

She fights against what’s there and what she sees the massive harm in. If it’s against feminist and anti-capitalist principles she’s against it.

I don’t know where you heard this bull****, but if some women like spanking most of them like it because men like when women are subjected to it because they saw it in porn and because of their emotional detachment during sex and total objectification of women. Plenty of women still feel pleasure mostly or only because their male partner feels pleasure cause they perceive themselves through the male gaze and here I’m talking not only about the visual objectification. Others may like it because of something from their childhood. And pretty sure in a lot of cases these two overlap. In case with the cultural influence especially you can’t say that’s what they really want because they have very few options.

Quote:
Supposedly men are so innocent and respectful towards women by nature and this is not the kind of sex men want, yet, when they see gagging and fisting porn, they get instantly addicted and adjust their fantasies on what porn producers want? Unless you're believing in some sort of systemic demoralization conspiracy, there is no agenda, other than money. They produce what people want and people just are "nasty". We are just beginning to see our true colors.
No one is respectful towards anyone by nature. It’s a socialised behavior and partly nurtured in childhood too. All babies and children are innocent because it’s adults who influence them in one way or another. She doesn’t say men who do those things are innocent. Quite the contrary omg. Even if you suggest men are somehow naturally violent towards women in sex then there’s no way to prove it while porn, patriarchy, gender roles and gender socialisation still exist. As for sociopaths or whatever else these men who run this industry are or other emotional problems then look for most of the answers in the history of their childhood. The difference in statistics of how most women and most men cope with those emotional problems is due to the difference in the ways society offers them to cope with it. There are exceptions, of course, but the reason why it happens is also their childhood. It’s not like everyone is gender socialised in identical ways either. There are variations...

Quote:
This sounds ignorant and is, but I don't understand this having sex with someone and then having to do unpleasant things part. Without porn, this wouldn't happen, or something? I would imagine a person who can't say no to things or feels the need to fit in, would behave like this anyway, how the extreme porn would make it worse?
If this part is about more painful sex experiences when you sleep around a lot "you know how many men have cum on my face without asking" (btw. What kind of things should have the permission to do during the sex?) then I'm too socially retarded to have sympathy for that, I would not expect anything less than a rape, when hooking up with random people, if I was a woman, not because of violent porn, but because how men are. The other experience Gail told, was about a deal breaking incident, again what the woman was thinking? She would have gotten into a relationship with a man, who would have kept his sexual fantasies to himself, if it wasn't for the porn? If anything, she dodged a bullet.


So what's the endgame here? Porn causes problems, sure, but all the solutions sound basically conservative. Bans, values to live by, creating the unwritten ideal image of sex and porn, wipe the nastiness of the human nature under the rug-> create the uncontrolled hidden illegal underground porn industry.




Please enlighten us
Maybe it would happen just without porn, but it wouldn’t be so widespread. And what she’s talking about is a gendered behavior women are socialised into. Of course, there are men like that too, but less. Without those influences the number of women and men doing that would be close in quantity and that would happen much more rarely.

I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with different sexual actions, which ones she deems wrong. She deems wrong that one because it’s popular cause of porn which is misogynistic towards women. I guess something not degrading and not misogynistic, not imposed on anyone by pornographers is what she thinks is right.

Men are this way cause of what they’re taught about sex. Plain and simple. If you were a woman by magically waking up as one tomorrow. But if you were a woman since the beginning then you don’t know how you’d feel about it because most women just adapt to it and are socialised in a gendered way since very early. I guess, they all feel differently depending on their personality and, yes, childhood history again. And cause of all their other life experiences, of course.

Porn industry is already uncontrolled. Just like prostitution. That’s what she’s talking about. As far as I know, she doesn’t consider banning it the ultimate solution to the problem. She’s all for education about it instead. Yeah, I slightly agree that there might me some small nuance left here such as people’s psychology. Not due to “biology”, again, but due to the nurture aspect. It can’t be wiped out by education and the conscious. But its not how you think it would be because a great deal of these attitudes is gendered and because of external cultural influences, such as porn. It just wouldn’t be the same way.

As for “dealbreaker”, I had to watch it again cause I forgot. Just another your misperception, again. She said it to describe what’s happening to young people due to porn and how it wouldn’t be the case in previous generations, would be rare as opposed to normal. No way she said she should have dated him. If the girl was actually dating him, then you’re not in the place to judge her at all. I think before she was educated about it she was unclear about it because everyone through it was alright. So she had doubts. She was young. So what that people have some personal issues such as low “self-esteem” partly for reasons that can be traced in childhood? It’s not unusual at all and they’re still people like others, so there’s no reason to deem them and their experience and examples as irrelevant or less so than those of some imaginary abstract normal, proper people.

You just want for things to stay the same cause you’re alright with that. You don’t lose, you even gain stuff from it at the expense of women. As a woman, I would like if there would be no group of women to sexually exploit, I’d want women to define themselves as opposed to the way patriarchy defined them since forever, I’d like them to be truly happy and experience their own pleasure, I’d like them to be truly free and authentic, I’d like the equality with no “but”, not to be treated like they are treated in porn etc It’s fascinating, but apparently it’s so hard for you to understand that. This is the obvious reason. You want to keep these things going cause it’s nice to you. So you behave defensively cause you feel uncomfortable. Nothing unusual. Expected.

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
post #25 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
1 in 20 women are raped, so if I was a woman having sex with random people I would then expect to be raped sooner or later, why would anyone take that risk? ... naah just kidding, you got it homo, that's EXACTLY what I meant, ALL THE MEN ARE RAPISTS!



There's no logic in this thread. The OP plays some mysterious character, who sends us links to long monologues, where we have to find the secret point of the thread. If you dare to comment the subject, this person quickly shoots you down and whispers "That is not the real point, listen the whole story and you will see the real point" -What is your point, why won't you just tel... "Hush, see the whole clip and you will see..."

"sorryformyenglish" is a hologram, similar to the one in "I robot"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3xM8sHGoiQ
I have a feeling, based on statistical findings in general, that rape probably happens in relationships more than outside of them.

I mean you are basically suggesting it's sensible for women to not have sex/relationships with men because they will probably be raped eventually. It's not far off from all men are rapists and your post wasn't obvious.

Quote:
Fact: Only around 10% of rapes are committed by 'strangers'. Around 90% of rapes are committed by known men, and often by someone who the survivor has previously trusted or even loved. People are raped in their homes, their workplaces and other settings where they previously felt safe. Rapists can be friends, colleagues, clients, neighbours, family members, partners or exes. Risk of rape shouldn't be used as an excuse to control women's movements or restrict their rights and freedom.
https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-inform...-vs-realities/

Damn son.

edit: You're really selling this lesbian neoreaction for them. (this link is timestamped at 40 minutes 51 seconds in. I strongly don't recommend listening to all of that because I know I haven't. I guess you could listen to it for about.. a couple to twenty minutes after that.)




You just know they must have lost their **** when Grimes released that one track then again she's been doing this for a long while (well actually I do know, and they did.)
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #26 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 03:42 PM
SAS Member
 
Micronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 3,725
Interesting video.

The video is really a postmodern critique. It's a critique of the changing social rules and the more aggressive norms of social activity that we are adapting to. Agressive images of sex are put into an agressively quick/available/expansive medium, and normalizing agressive behaviour for the aggressive, quick-moving, world.

She advocates for better sex education, which I think is perfectly fine, but it will be an uphill task because the world (as we see in so many of the other social facets) gets more aggressive every day. That's basically it.

I think any other general critique about masculinity or pornography is misguided because sexuality, seduction, erotic imagery, sex, and the discourse of sex is a constant at every point in the history of our species. The act of sex in itself is a demonstration of masculine power. Women are sexually aroused by unleashed masculine power/hormones or whatever you call it. it just is. The problem is that in this century the level of aggression, the increasing absence of humanity, is getting perverse in natural sexual activity, and it's a reflection of the overall trend in our current social behaviour.

does this justify the exploitative acts of the porn industry? No, but then again, labour laws and labour relations are exploited in other industries too, and men are affected too. The recruitment of the poor by the military is a good example. So that's why pointing the finger at just porn I find misguided, when the problem is a lot bigger, and the true solution can only come from a total revamp of society (but it will never eliminate sex and masculinity). Sex education, one of a more critical stance, I think is a good idea though.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
Micronian is online now  
post #27 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 03:58 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
Who “we”? Do you also raise a concern about people not being super nurturing to you in other threads in this section of forum, to feel cozy when arguments and heated discussions are happening? Never noticed anyone doing that in other threads here.
You're the founder of this thread and most of your answers have the attitude, that basically indicates; "shut the **** up and watch the whole clip for ****s sake! "You're lazy piece of ****!"
The answers for you were not on the offending side in anyway, but your answered like they were insults. It's not a common behavior for OP, it's usually other way around.


Quote:
While necessarily “before”? Why not after women are fully equal and there’s no trace of patriarchy etc? I mean that’s if you’re talking about it in general. She applies feminist analysis to that so hello. Perhaps, it’s sex where women are not degraded, raped treated violently and men neither?
This is what I'm getting, the degrading, violent treating etc. is subjective. (obviously some practices are clear) Some people feel certain things as degrading and some people as normal, so trying to get rid of degrading porn, one should first determine it.

Quote:
Men are this way cause of what they’re taught about sex.
This is the part that I'm skeptical about. Our culture and laws sure makes us to obey certain sexual norms, but I just don't think that a monk, who has never seen porn in his life, wouldn't get hooked instantly, when given a porn magazine.

Quote:
As far as I know, she doesn’t consider banning it the ultimate solution to the problem. She’s all for education about it instead.
What if I told you, that no amount of education will stop people watching porn from the internet? Women have the power here, sure they can be raped, but why is it so difficult to not have sex with men who treats them like porn stars? Are some men so irresistible? I totally get those pressures to look certain way physically, but is it really a desirable thing among women to do extreme sexual acts? Sure for men it is, but even there it's more about the quantity.

Quote:
You just want for things to stay the same cause you’re alright with that. You don’t lose, you even gain stuff from it at the expense of women. As a woman, I would like if there would be no group of women to sexually exploit, I’d want women to define themselves as opposed to the way patriarchy defined them since forever, I’d like them to be truly happy and experience their own pleasure, I’d like them to be truly free and authentic, I’d like the equality with no “but”, not to be treated like they are treated in porn etc It’s fascinating, but apparently it’s so hard for you to understand that. This is the obvious reason. You want to keep these things going cause it’s nice to you. So you behave defensively cause you feel uncomfortable. Nothing unusual. Expected.
Do you really have to be so incriminating? Well... I'm straight, so in order for to me gain something sexually (not sex ) it kinda has to be done with the expense of women, right? Or at least an imitation of women? Of course I'm not against erasing the degrading, harmful and violent porn, but lets determine them first and create definitions? Those were the immediate thoughts that came to my mind from her videos.
If the porn star doesn't want me to exploit her and gain stuff from her, she shouldn't be... a porn star. Her choice.

About that "no group of women to sexually exploit", Do you think that love dolls and animated "women" used for pleasure, is exploiting some group of real women?

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #28 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 04:23 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
Interesting video.

The video is really a postmodern critique. It's a critique of the changing social rules and the more aggressive norms of social activity that we are adapting to. Agressive images of sex are put into an agressively quick/available/expansive medium, and normalizing agressive behaviour for the aggressive, quick-moving, world.

She advocates for better sex education, which I think is perfectly fine, but it will be an uphill task because the world (as we see in so many of the other social facets) gets more aggressive every day. That's basically it.

I think any other general critique about masculinity or pornography is misguided because sexuality, seduction, erotic imagery, sex, and the discourse of sex is a constant at every point in the history of our species. The act of sex in itself is a demonstration of masculine power. Women are sexually aroused by unleashed masculine power/hormones or whatever you call it. it just is. The problem is that in this century the level of aggression, the increasing absence of humanity, is getting perverse in natural sexual activity, and it's a reflection of the overall trend in our current social behaviour.

does this justify the exploitative acts of the porn industry? No, but then again, labour laws and labour relations are exploited in other industries too, and men are affected too. The recruitment of the poor by the military is a good example. So that's why pointing the finger at just porn I find misguided, when the problem is a lot bigger, and the true solution can only come from a total revamp of society (but it will never eliminate sex and masculinity). Sex education, one of a more critical stance, I think is a good idea though.
Yeah, this is a good point. I avoid watching adverts since I use adblock and don't watch normal TV now but now and then I go to the cinema to watch a film (few times a year,) and I've noticed they always have this army recruitment advert on. This isn't the exact one I keep seeing at the cinema because that doesn't seem to be on YT (the one in question has like a young clearly working class guy,) but this illustrates a similar point:


There's also a bunch emphasising 'belonging' It's really obvious what they're doing and disgusting. And while trying to find the advert I saw at the cinema I found this stuff:



Quote:
The British army has trained its sights on “snowflakes, phone zombies, binge gamers, selfie addicts, and me, me, millennials” trapped in “boring jobs”, in an effort to battle a slump in recruitment.

New posters pay homage to the famous Lord Kitchener “Your army needs you” First World War recruitment campaign, while TV adverts target those unhappy in their work.


To quote System of A Down

'why don't presidents fight the wars? Why do they always send the poor'

But, I guess that's how they get rid of the problem people isn't it?

evidently it was a big success for them:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8771176.html

Quote:
The new army recruitment adverts which targeted “snowflakes, phone zombies, binge gamers, selfie addicts, and me, me, millennials” trapped in “boring jobs” have reportedly seen the number of applications to join the army almost double.

Posters pay tribute to the famous Lord Kitchener “your country needs you” First World War recruitment campaign, while TV adverts target those unhappy in their work.

The army told The Daily Telegraph the controversial advertising campaign, which aimed to tackle a slump in recruitment, has been a “resounding success” after applications to join doubled in the first month.

In the first three weeks of January, applications to join the army rose to 9,700, which is a five-year high, according to the newspaper. It is almost double the figure for January 2018 and up from nearly 5,000 in December.
And I'm sure they can create some war for all the problematic millennials (a category 'they' popularised no more than five years ago,) to die in soon. Kind of like the pied piper.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #29 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,183
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
You're the founder of this thread and most of your answers have the attitude, that basically indicates; "shut the **** up and watch the whole clip for ****s sake! "You're lazy piece of ****!"
The answers for you were not on the offending side in anyway, but your answered like they were insults. It's not a common behavior for OP, it's usually other way around.



This is what I'm getting, the degrading, violent treating etc. is subjective. (obviously some practices are clear) Some people feel certain things as degrading and some people as normal, so trying to get rid of degrading porn, one should first determine it.



This is the part that I'm skeptical about. Our culture and laws sure makes us to obey certain sexual norms, but I just don't think that a monk, who has never seen porn in his life, wouldn't get hooked instantly, when given a porn magazine.



What if I told you, that no amount of education will stop people watching porn from the internet? Women have the power here, sure they can be raped, but why is it so difficult to not have sex with men who treats them like porn stars? Are some men so irresistible? I totally get those pressures to look certain way physically, but is it really a desirable thing among women to do extreme sexual acts? Sure for men it is, but even there it's more about the quantity.



Do you really have to be so incriminating? Well... I'm straight, so in order for to me gain something sexually (not sex ) it kinda has to be done with the expense of women, right? Or at least an imitation of women? Of course I'm not against erasing the degrading, harmful and violent porn, but lets determine them first and create definitions? Those were the immediate thoughts that came to my mind from her videos.
If the porn star doesn't want me to exploit her and gain stuff from her, she shouldn't be... a porn star. Her choice.

About that "no group of women to sexually exploit", Do you think that love dolls and animated "women" used for pleasure, is exploiting some group of real women?
So far you’re the only one who felt insulted. For obvious reasons, again

Yeah, I expect people to respond on a subject because it’s all about those links. Except some just used it as an excuse to rant on feminism without even looking at things that present those arguments. I also find it not so respectful. I’m not there to retell what’s in those links. If someone’s genuinely interested they’d check it instead and then reply.

When women are free from those conditioning things they’re able to determine what’s degrading and what’s not. Mainstream porn gets more and more violent so the boundaries are moving.

Male monks are usually also patriarchal and they aren’t monks since the day they’re born. In religious patriarchy it’s the same as in modern pornified one, this attitude of women being sexual objects, being inherently different from men, gender roles being natural etc. The difference is that in one case she should cover herself and owes sex to her husband whenever he wants to and in another case she’s supposed to do the diametrical opposite with clothes and be “public property” instead of “private” one. You can also not say what some random monk feels. You can only project your own feelings onto him if you talk like that.

You’re not in the place to judge those women. It’s so superficial. Men can be dependent and women can’t? Relationships play a key role in humans. And it’s really hypocritical for you to say about those “*******s” who expect women to behave like porn stars, considering you’re a porn consumer too and you’re ok with it happening to those women in porn. Moreover, you said you, like every man, want it and it’s natural. Hello, logic. It’s always some bad men.


Nope, you can imagine things in your mind and it wouldn’t be at the expense of women. What does it have to do with dolls and animated pictures being exploited? You just want your opponents to sound ridiculous so desperately. No one ever said this. Women in porn and prostitution are real women and they’re being sexually exploited. As for pictures and objects, they’re just reinforcing those sexist and violent perceptions of women. Things like poverty, previous traumas from sexual violence are also their choice? What about those who are trafficked? Choice is a very relative concept. And if people actually cared about it, they’d listen to those that are out of that industry, take them seriously and respect them. It’s not what’s happening. Instead those porn viewers ridicule those ex porn “actresses” and “actors” and perceive them in the same disrespectful dehumanising way. They’d also care of how those people got there and their well-being more than getting off at them. No one gives a **** in reality. “Choice” is just an excuse to sound nice cause in a modern world you can no longer allow not appearing nice, you have to do the virtue signaling. And that’s what these porn lobbyists know so they came up with this whole “empowerment” stuff and how it’s “feminist” and against stigmatising etc... “By buying this content you’re helping the whales or dogs in shelter while we “forget” to mention that we actually don’t care what happens to the women we shoot because it drives the profit”. And you all believe in it.

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
post #30 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
For obvious reasons, again
again, it isn't obvious

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #31 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:11 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #32 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:18 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
@SorryForMyEnglish what is your position on animated porn?
Quote:
You can imagine things in your mind and it wouldn’t be at the expense of women. What does it have to do with dolls and animated pictures being exploited? You just want your opponents to sound ridiculous so desperately.

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #33 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:36 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Yeah later in that post she said:

Quote:
As for pictures and objects, they’re just reinforcing those sexist and violent perceptions of women.
So I guess what I'm asking is for her to expand on that. It's not clear to me that people see animated porn (of women,) as identical to women, in fact a lot of people who prefer animated porn seem to have trouble finding real women (or men,) attractive precisely because they're aware of those differences.


Anyway I'm not hugely invested apparently I have nothing better to do than avoid showering by coming back to post in this thread + listen to music + actually started to listen to more of that long *** Nyx Land schizotypy interview. Oh god she changed her entire twitter profile to be basic transgirl some time recently.

https://twitter.com/NyxLandUnlife

https://twitter.com/NyxLandUnlife/st...85762029449218

https://twitter.com/NixLandUnlife/st...60425446727680

No stop ahhh. My eyes.

https://twitter.com/NyxLandUnlife/st...58795678834688

You should be.

It was so much cooler before with force femme'd gothy Nick Land or even force fem'd Nick Land Joker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...X5_400x400.jpg

https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/01...4760464826.jpg

OK guys carry on.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #34 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:51 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 456
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
OK guys carry on.
NO!


-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #35 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:54 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,159
I quit watching porn, had an experience with an angel and it just didn't resonate with it anymore after that. I used it as stimulation, I knew it's not great sex and I was planning to quit once I got a girlfriend but I was getting sick and tired of it too, fapping just for the sake of it and the experience with the angel was the last thing it took for me to stop.
Suchness is online now  
post #36 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 07:28 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Nah it's never time to stop.




I think it would require overthrowing capitalism to overthrow porn. I don't think we're going to get rid of TV shows, video games etc anytime soon either. Your best bet would be encouraging the use of porn that doesn't involve female actors.

The impression I get from feminists online is that they're even more disgusted by real person porn alternatives and the strange sexualities that lead to people not getting into mainstream stuff. Like they hate furries, masochistic males, futa stuff, hentai, transporn etc. Also not a fan of sex dolls/robots. That drive has to go somewhere though.

Feminists are actually pretty bad at getting people to stop watching porn. Hegemonically masculine guys who insist that watching porn is depleting the lifeforce of males who should be aggressively pursuing real women instead, seem to be doing a better job among certain groups. Because they're implying that porn is feminine/unmasculine.

If you really want men to leave porn then invade it, because men run from anything feminine like the plague. You have to feminise porn, but they won't go quietly of course.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #37 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,663
My Mood: Lurking
I think overall it's for the better people should be encouraged to [email protected] the monkey, rather than make another monkey, there's soon gonna be too many monkeys & not enough bananas






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #38 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 08:12 AM
I am average!
 
Ominous Indeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 25
Posts: 3,771
I don't think porn creates serial killers or rapists or anything like that but I do think it helps to create unrealistic standards. I do wish it didn't exist for that reason alone. As many as 60% of teenagers girls have problems with their self image. There are multiple reasons for that but the internet (porn) and social media is probably one of the biggest contributors to it.
Ominous Indeed is offline  
post #39 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,663
My Mood: Lurking
If it helped people I wouldn't care if porn was gone tomorrow, it was never an obsession of mine maybe an occasional indulgence/curiosity sure, but most guys I run into on a daily basis at work etc seem to be obsessed with sex/porn in general these are married guys with kids or in relationships at least so maybe it's making them extra horny : /






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #40 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 10:18 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
I don't think porn creates serial killers or rapists or anything like that but I do think it helps to create unrealistic standards. I do wish it didn't exist for that reason alone. As many as 60% of teenagers girls have problems with their self image. There are multiple reasons for that but the internet (porn) and social media is probably one of the biggest contributors to it.
I really disagree with that view actually I don't think porn makes women/teenage girls insecure (depending on what you mean by that,) I think it makes most of them disgusted and decide 'that's something I don't want to be/want to avoid.' But I agree that social media and conventional media contributes.

But yeah I find the idea that most women are taught to be porn stars kind of ridiculous, most really have no interest in that because it's a male fantasy.

The relationship with social media is also complicated because a lot of people who use it have very high self esteem and it seems to have boosted self esteem for many to pathological levels so basically it's increasing bipolarity in both directions.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome