The American Psychological Association and Torture - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

The American Psychological Association and Torture

I'm still reading Rejali's book "Torture and Democracy" on and off. I was getting thoughts on why Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and CIA Secret prisons still exist. And I'm working on myself to become a clinician, hopefully if it does happen. Personally I think that "torture" is immoral and inhumane. I think it's far more worse or just the worst actually type of human rights violation there is. For a person that provides emotional support to seniors of a phone hotline, and plan to pursue volunteer work in a Suicide Crisis Line, and Hospice work later down the road with schooling, torture is a ridiculous thing to do to a person. So I was wondering what the American Psychological Association thought of torture and I was reading a whole bunch of provoking "out of my mind" articles for the majority of the whole day.

And this one is the most gist and significantly relevant:

Psychological Warfare? A Debate on the Role of Mental Health Professionals in Military Interrogations at Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and Beyond

http://www.democracynow.org/2005/8/11/p ... ate_on_the

There are other articles that give more added information.
Search on Democracy Now, "American Psychological Association" or "Psychologist" and "Torture" and there are many other related articles there.

Search on google too, "American Psychological Association" and "Torture." There's going to be tons of articles that are just going to provoke.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page