Stephen Crowder - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
too much sausage
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: bn2
Language: rambling
Posts: 2,818

Stephen Crowder


Opinions on this guy? Recently he's been in the news about being deplatformed .I have watched a few of his change my mind debates, the titles of which are always super baity lol. They start out ok and he can be quite reasonable and polite in most of them but his narration and delivery often seems a bit off, I noted how he seems to say how things are "going quite well" when everyone is agreeing with him lol. But then changes his tune as soon as someone engages him in a proper debate, he seems to get a bit personal afterwards, using callousness and mockery if he doesn't like that he was challenged... I'm thinking there's a bit of virtue signalling going on here? appearing to be reasonable and flexible "change my mind" "Let's have a debate" when really what he says afterwards kind of betrays that, he almost seems spiteful at the people who disagree with him. That's a bit of strange attitude to have in the context of debate, especially if he's saying he's willing to accept other points of view... what do you think?

I like donuts
unemployment simulator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
@unemployment simulator
Been watching Steven Crowder for about a year before any of this happened. He's genuinely a good dude IMO. Louder With Crowder Is his late night comedy series. I think a bunch of SJWs got triggered at some jokes and decided to try and destroy his life like they do everyone else when someone's feelings get hurt.

Steven, when he's not joking on his "Comedy" series is genuinely trying to get others to explain their opinions and wants to have healthy conversations to start. I've never seen him be a jerk unless someone is to him first.

Furthermore, the problem is the intolerant Left; Despite trying to convince other's they're tolerant they refuse to even think of anything different than their own beliefs or point of views and anything different ought to be condemned.

This is coming from someone who use to be a Liberal Democrat and has now became a Conservative Republican under the Trump Administration.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:38 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 424
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
Furthermore, the problem is the intolerant Left; Despite trying to convince other's they're tolerant they refuse to even think of anything different than their own beliefs or point of views and anything different ought to be condemned.
How does this logic work? Someone who calls oneself tolerant, must tolerate racism and pedophilia too? You're tolerant, therefore you can't disagree with me, because that makes you intolerant? Could you give me some examples of the "intolerant Left"?

Quote:
This is coming from someone who use to be a Liberal Democrat and has now became a Conservative Republican under the Trump Administration.
What is your definition of "Conservative Republican"?
Is it opposite to this;
"Liberals generally support limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism (free markets), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:49 AM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
How does this logic work? Someone who calls oneself tolerant, must tolerate racism and pedophilia too? You're tolerant, therefore you can't disagree with me, because that makes you intolerant? Could you give me some examples of the "intolerant Left"?



What is your definition of "Conservative Republican"?
Is it opposite to this;
"Liberals generally support limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism (free markets), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
@Beatnik
Racism and Pedophilia is something I don't support and I don't think anyone should support. Not sure why you associate that with Right Wing Politics besides religious leader scandals.

But, I'm not the law and I don't have the right to judge anyone either. We have a legal system to deal with people that make offenses to others. All anyone can do is be a diligent citizen and a good samaritan and do things like report crimes to law enforcement or even personally protect someone if they are in danger and in a vulnerable position.

To be tolerant to things I believe one must be willing to understand another persons experience and point of view. Whether morally right or wrong or something you disagree with.

The intolerant Left would be the people on the left that refuse to see anything any other way. You don't have to agree to see things from a different perspective. There is an intolerant right as well and they are part of a problem too.

As a conservative I believe in traditional values; Hetero-relationships, spirituality, the nuclear family. preferably sex after marriage, pro gun, patriotism. I'm against the media dividing us and I believe we are all equal despite differences in class, race and religion.

Being republican just means I support the republican party.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Flying Backwards
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Posts: 27,372
My Mood: Relaxed
His hair looks artificial


------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Revolution > Resistance
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
How does this logic work?
crimeclub is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:34 PM
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,531
I can't be bothered to watch him, I saw a dumb tweet he made once that someone else brought up (can't remember the details something about abortion.) He seems like more of an entertainer.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:42 PM
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Beatnik
Racism and Pedophilia is something I don't support and I don't think anyone should support. Not sure why you associate that with Right Wing Politics besides religious leader scandals.

But, I'm not the law and I don't have the right to judge anyone either. We have a legal system to deal with people that make offenses to others. All anyone can do is be a diligent citizen and a good samaritan and do things like report crimes to law enforcement or even personally protect someone if they are in danger and in a vulnerable position.

To be tolerant to things I believe one must be willing to understand another persons experience and point of view. Whether morally right or wrong or something you disagree with.

The intolerant Left would be the people on the left that refuse to see anything any other way. You don't have to agree to see things from a different perspective. There is an intolerant right as well and they are part of a problem too.

As a conservative I believe in traditional values; Hetero-relationships, spirituality, the nuclear family. preferably sex after marriage, pro gun, patriotism. I'm against the media dividing us and I believe we are all equal despite differences in class, race and religion.

Being republican just means I support the republican party.
Did you change your viewpoint on all those topics? Because social traditionalism isn't associated with liberalism at all.

Your first post made it out that 'intolerance on the left' is why you became conservative and seemingly very recently, but those viewpoints are 100% conservative in every way so if you're telling the truth about that it, kind of reminds me of this video:

https://youtu.be/mHmMDsFXqAM?t=3m36s

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Lol yeah, exactly.

I guess the people who do that are just more machiavellian or something. I saw a lot of people do it for money after the election, at least they were getting money (and you can bet they didn't live by traditional values in their own life, just a mouth piece for whoever is in power/more popular.) A lot of other people are getting nothing but still instinctively reacting that way lol.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:31 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,695
My Mood: Sad
I used to watch his debates too. Often when he posted on University campuses they always tried to have him kicked out and arrested for supposed "hate speech"

I can see where that comes from....one person here above said he was Republican and the next person immediately characterized it as racism and pedophilia.

See where I am going with this ???
There are multiple platforms on youtube where right-wingers are described as idiots, racists, homophobics, retarded, mentally derranged etc....and all of these channels are still up.
VIncymon is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:08 PM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Did you change your viewpoint on all those topics? Because social traditionalism isn't associated with liberalism at all.
@Persephone The Dread
No, but I think some of my views started leaning more right through the social toxicity of the elections and during Trump's presidency. I use to identify as a liberal democrat but it was never really my own beliefs it was more so political beliefs that were ingrained via family values.

Also the left and the SJWs that are a part of it does offer a place and sense of belonging for a lot of young people. Anything considered conservative or right wing is instantly deemed racist, bigoted and really just scapegoated. I think not identifying as a conservative was just something I've done because i'd be scared of the outcome/social ramifications.

I think there is a certain mentality that accompanies many people on the left and that's just been my experience. minorities blaming white people for everything and people feeling like victims over any and everything and not allowing adult discussions.

I've had this experience with people twice my age. Also, there has been a lot of judgment for me to even be conservative and identify as such. I always get the rich people don't care about me, white people don't care about me, people wanting to give me a handout or feel sorry just because I'm mixed (not white) or just because I'm not white I have to vote a certain way or feel a certain way.

I'm also tired of all the fear mongering that goes on and the division that's caused by radical beliefs. I've actually taken time out of my life to listen to peoples beliefs and arguments and make my own decision where I stand not just do something, believe something or be upset about something for a week in outrage like so many do.

I don't deal with these experiences with other conservatives, there's seems to be a mutual respect with others that I feel when we talk about issues and want to raise different points of views.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:31 PM
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Persephone The Dread
I think some of my views started leaning more right through the social toxicity of the elections and during Trump's presidency. I use to identify as a liberal democrat but it was never really my own beliefs it was more so political beliefs that were ingrained via family values.
Yeah I think a lot of people are sort of 'conservatively oriented' but end up in liberal environments adopting those beliefs initially. I've read some similar stuff that also talks some of the weird overlaps between what is defined as 'the left' and 'the right' now where both sides can hold certain traditionalist viewpoints and I've seen it explained as essentially another outcome of people more conservatively inclined growing up in a more liberal environment eg: for them, the tradition and thing to conserve becomes the liberal belief system.

Of course there's also the idea in neoreactionary circles that mainstream society is essentially a corruption of the church, or that progressivism is seen as descended from puritanism.

It's all kind of interesting theoretically but I don't trust anyone 100% I do knee-jerk like the idea of society being a corruption of the church cause I'm kind of Satanic that way (most neoreactionaries by contrast seem to want to restore the church,) but of course when you consider Western society was very Christian for a long time, and slowly subverted that, it's also just common sense that there's an element of that around.

Quote:
Also the left and the SJWs that are a part of it does offer a place and sense of belonging for a lot of young people. Anything considered conservative or right wing is instantly deemed racist, bigoted and really just scapegoated. I think not identifying as a conservative was just something I've done because i'd be scared of the outcome/social ramifications.

I think there is a certain mentality that accompanies many people on the left and that's just been my experience. minorities blaming white people for everything and people feeling like victims over any and everything and not allowing adult discussions.

I've had this experience with people twice my age. Also, there has been a lot of judgment for me to even be conservative and identify as such. I always get the rich people don't care about me, white people don't care about me, people wanting to give me a handout or feel sorry just because I'm mixed (not white) or just because I'm not white I have to vote a certain way or feel a certain way.

I'm also tired of all the fear mongering that goes on and the division that's caused by radical beliefs. I've actually taken time out of my life to listen to peoples beliefs and arguments and make my own decision where I stand not just do something, believe something or be upset about something for a week in outrage like so many do.

I don't deal with these experiences with other conservatives, there's seems to be a mutual respect with others that I feel when we talk about issues and want to raise different points of views.
Yeah that makes sense, a lot of people are more interested in the tribalism than values/beliefs.

I don't think everyone can get along when they have radically different beliefs though, it seems naive to assume that's possible there are fundamentally irreconcilable beliefs and values among various groups of people. It leaves us all at an impasse.

"It’s certainly an oversimplification to say that the struggle between left & right in America today is a struggle between the neurotics and the sociopaths (left = neurotics, right = sociopaths = criminal types), but there is nevertheless a good deal of truth in that statement." - Ted Kaczynski

Probably is the best oversimplification, but the left/right dichotomy doesn't really work as anything more than tribalism when you consider the variation in personality/values.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:21 PM
SAS Member
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 424
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Beatnik
Racism and Pedophilia is something I don't support and I don't think anyone should support. Not sure why you associate that with Right Wing Politics besides religious leader scandals.
I didn't mean to associate those things with "right wing" politics, racism was just an example here. It's just that when someone is being seriously racist and "the left" calls it out, "the left" gets accused of being intolerant towards racists, seriously. Or when the leftists oppose any right wing policies, again they're the one getting accused of being intolerant. It doesn't make sense. It's almost like leftists shouldn't have opinions and principles. But obviously I'm basing this on online discussions where everything is black/white.

Quote:
I believe in traditional values; Hetero-relationships
The fact is, that there people who are gay and they're in a relationship ...but you believe otherwise, or something? What does "believing in hetero-relationships" means? Sure, if being in a hetero-relationships is your personal preference, that's okay, but believing in straight relationships = not believing in other kinds(?)...
I don't understand how it could be a value or something to be achieved in society, since gayness cant be cured.

-61 Lincoln
-62 Fairlane
-65 Mustang
-68 Escort
-91 Thunderbird
Beatnik is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
too much sausage
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: bn2
Language: rambling
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post

Steven, when he's not joking on his "Comedy" series is genuinely trying to get others to explain their opinions and wants to have healthy conversations to start. I've never seen him be a jerk unless someone is to him first.

I dunno man, he seems like he sets his stall out with this idea that he's open to changing his mind, but exactly how many times has he actually been flexible and taken on board other opinions and changed his mind? (I haven't watched enough of his shows.) I did however watch one the other night where he was talking about the subject of transitioning children. he seems to link all suicidal issues to the drugs when he's ignoring the impact of society and how that affects the individual. you can change yourself and accept yourself but you can't change the whole of society to accept you. that's something we all need to work on. this whole idea that one person is responsible for the entirety of their mental health is something that needs to change.

also, I was wondering what your take is on his view on climate change? there was a big debacle with him and potholer54 over this issue.
now I think it's good to be sceptical and to take that view and not just accept everything. but if you look into what potholer does on this subject he provides some incredibly good scientific information on this. I have been sceptical, like crowder, but after digging into what potholer54 thinks, he presents a convincing argument particularly in regards to things like carbon flux and I think it's odd that this debate never really happened.

I like donuts
unemployment simulator is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,695
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I didn't mean to associate those things with "right wing" politics, racism was just an example here. It's just that when someone is being seriously racist and "the left" calls it out, "the left" gets accused of being intolerant towards racists, seriously. Or when the leftists oppose any right wing policies, again they're the one getting accused of being intolerant. It doesn't make sense. It's almost like leftists shouldn't have opinions and principles. But obviously I'm basing this on online discussions where everything is black/white.

The fact is, that there people who are gay and they're in a relationship ...but you believe otherwise, or something? What does "believing in hetero-relationships" means? Sure, if being in a hetero-relationships is your personal preference, that's okay, but believing in straight relationships = not believing in other kinds(?)...
I don't understand how it could be a value or something to be achieved in society, since gayness cant be cured.

Ironically in your post..you point out to the exact problem the one you quoted is talking about.... you see it as "being intolerant to racists"

And this is the problem...for a group that claims to champion diversity the left has an extremely binary world view. Either you completely agree with the left with no criticisms or you are a bigot.

Either you support everything in the LGBT movement or you are a bigot.
Either you support every single kind of affirmative action or you are a bigot.
Either you support #metoo completely or you are a sexist who encourages rape.
Either you support complete leniency on immigration or you are a xenophobe

The other day a democrat candidate got boo-ed off stage for saying that socialism was bad. Can you believe that ? A candidate of a major political party in a democratic capitalist country gets boo-ed off stage for saying socialism is bad.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...cialism-booing

Last I checked it sure ain't socialism that keeps the USA on top of the world. Its not socialism that drives the Dream of winning big on talents shows.

I don't know where you people keep getting this warped idea that socialism is the next slice of heaven....you should try living in Cuba. I did. Socialism is not all that it is made out to be
VIncymon is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 AM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I didn't mean to associate those things with "right wing" politics, racism was just an example here. It's just that when someone is being seriously racist and "the left" calls it out, "the left" gets accused of being intolerant towards racists, seriously. Or when the leftists oppose any right wing policies, again they're the one getting accused of being intolerant. It doesn't make sense. It's almost like leftists shouldn't have opinions and principles. But obviously I'm basing this on online discussions where everything is black/white.



The fact is, that there people who are gay and they're in a relationship ...but you believe otherwise, or something? What does "believing in hetero-relationships" means? Sure, if being in a hetero-relationships is your personal preference, that's okay, but believing in straight relationships = not believing in other kinds(?)...
I don't understand how it could be a value or something to be achieved in society, since gayness cant be cured.
@Beatnik
Good on you for calling out anyone who is a racist or a pedophile you don't have to be a democrat for that though and a democrat can be perpetrators of the same crimes; Political parties has nothing to do with that.

When someone disagrees with you though on something you cant just jump and make generalizations and assumptions. Can you give me some examples of people that are racist and pedophiles? But, you can bet your @$s that people on the right would condemn them, I would too.

Opposing opinions aren't something I see the left getting called intolerant for, that's a wonderful thing to have different opinions. It should mean that we can have adult discussions and debates. I believe the inability to understand anything from another point of view is what makes some people intolerant (right or left).

It might not be a good idea to base everything on online discussions, social media etc: seems to be an echo chamber for people and their beliefs and you don't have to humanize someone whose not in front of you but these issues exist outside politics and just how we treat others.

I'm very aware that gay, bi, ace, relationships exists. I'm aware of the transgender community. I've had friends all across the board. I've even questioned my own sexuality in my life which is a perfectly normal thing for anyone to do.

I just believe hetero-relationships are the healthiest and most natural way for children to thrive IMO. It's just a matter of how nature is and has been. biological and primal instincts have a lot to do with it too. I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone who lives that way. That's just not how I'll live my life and I think others should respect that if I respect them.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:34 AM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployment simulator View Post
I dunno man, he seems like he sets his stall out with this idea that he's open to changing his mind, but exactly how many times has he actually been flexible and taken on board other opinions and changed his mind? (I haven't watched enough of his shows.) I did however watch one the other night where he was talking about the subject of transitioning children. he seems to link all suicidal issues to the drugs when he's ignoring the impact of society and how that affects the individual. you can change yourself and accept yourself but you can't change the whole of society to accept you. that's something we all need to work on. this whole idea that one person is responsible for the entirety of their mental health is something that needs to change.

also, I was wondering what your take is on his view on climate change? there was a big debacle with him and potholer54 over this issue.
now I think it's good to be sceptical and to take that view and not just accept everything. but if you look into what potholer does on this subject he provides some incredibly good scientific information on this. I have been sceptical, like crowder, but after digging into what potholer54 thinks, he presents a convincing argument particularly in regards to things like carbon flux and I think it's odd that this debate never really happened.
@unemployment simulator
I think the great thing about having your own political beliefs is that you don't have to agree with everything someone says. Even if you disagree with some things you can still support someone. I've never met anyone in life that believes everything I do and even if there was I wouldn't stand them because I need people to question me sometimes and its a good thing when people are a part of your life and get you to think about new things and you might even form new beliefs as a result.

Quote:
But, exactly how many times has he actually been flexible and taken on board other opinions and changed his mind?
I think this is a question that can be asked to either side. I do hear Crowder agree on some points people make and I even sometimes see people on the left agree with some things Crowder says and I think that's the whole point; To bring people together on what they do agree on and not what they disagree on all the time in discussion where opinions might be varied.

At the same time he does want to give people the opportunity to change his mind. I was just one of those people that had their minds changed I guess.

Quote:
I did however watch one the other night where he was talking about the subject of transitioning children. he seems to link all suicidal issues to the drugs when he's ignoring the impact of society and how that affects the individual.
If you can send me the link and your reference I'd appreciate that. If you're talking about the pharmaceutical industry there are a lot of negative side effects with medications. I think a lot of people on this forum will understand that too. Some things do help but it would be irresponsible to not talk about the negatives too. As someone whose been on meds for social anxiety and agoraphobia I've had meds make me suicidal and i'm very hesitant with psych meds.

Quote:
you can change yourself and accept yourself but you can't change the whole of society to accept you. that's something we all need to work on. this whole idea that one person is responsible for the entirety of their mental health is something that needs to change.
I can agree with this statement here but at the same time it's been a hard lesson for me that no one has to accept you. there should me a humane amount of respect but no one has to accept who you are. This may've been difficult for me because of the social anxiety aspect.

Quote:
also, I was wondering what your take is on his view on climate change?
We'll quite frankly I don't really care about his or anyone's view on climate change. But, I can tell you what mine are. The fact the majority of the world is still driving fuel based vehicles when there's electric alternatives is ridiculous. We could be personally using solar panels as well as energy resources during the day time.

There's plenty of things that will not only improve peoples personal health but the earths health.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Resist
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,481
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@unemployment simulator
I think the great thing about having your own political beliefs is that you don't have to agree with everything someone says. Even if you disagree with some things you can still support someone. I've never met anyone in life that believes everything I do and even if there was I wouldn't stand them because I need people to question me sometimes and its a good thing when people are a part of your life and get you to think about new things and you might even form new beliefs as a result.



I think this is a question that can be asked to either side. I do hear Crowder agree on some points people make and I even sometimes see people on the left agree with some things Crowder says and I think that's the whole point; To bring people together on what they do agree on and not what they disagree on all the time in discussion where opinions might be varied.

At the same time he does want to give people the opportunity to change his mind. I was just one of those people that had their minds changed I guess.



If you can send me the link and your reference I'd appreciate that. If you're talking about the pharmaceutical industry there are a lot of negative side effects with medications. I think a lot of people on this forum will understand that too. Some things do help but it would be irresponsible to not talk about the negatives too. As someone whose been on meds for social anxiety and agoraphobia I've had meds make me suicidal and i'm very hesitant with psych meds.



I can agree with this statement here but at the same time it's been a hard lesson for me that no one has to accept you. there should me a humane amount of respect but no one has to accept who you are. This may've been difficult for me because of the social anxiety aspect.



We'll quite frankly I don't really care about his or anyone's view on climate change. But, I can tell you what mine are. The fact the majority of the world is still driving fuel based vehicles when there's electric alternatives is ridiculous. We could be personally using solar panels as well as energy resources during the day time.

There's plenty of things to that will not only improve peoples personal health but the earths health.
They aren't financially feasible yet.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident


Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
nubly is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Resist
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,481
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
Ironically in your post..you point out to the exact problem the one you quoted is talking about.... you see it as "being intolerant to racists"

And this is the problem...for a group that claims to champion diversity the left has an extremely binary world view. Either you completely agree with the left with no criticisms or you are a bigot.

Either you support everything in the LGBT movement or you are a bigot.
Either you support every single kind of affirmative action or you are a bigot.
Either you support #metoo completely or you are a sexist who encourages rape.
Either you support complete leniency on immigration or you are a xenophobe

The other day a democrat candidate got boo-ed off stage for saying that socialism was bad. Can you believe that ? A candidate of a major political party in a democratic capitalist country gets boo-ed off stage for saying socialism is bad.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...cialism-booing

Last I checked it sure ain't socialism that keeps the USA on top of the world. Its not socialism that drives the Dream of winning big on talents shows.

I don't know where you people keep getting this warped idea that socialism is the next slice of heaven....you should try living in Cuba. I did. Socialism is not all that it is made out to be
Fighting intolerance by accepting intolerance? That's a stupid argument that the far right like to make.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident


Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
nubly is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:11 AM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Fighting intolerance by accepting intolerance? That's a stupid argument that the far right like to make.
@nubly
Not sure if you can read this. But, you're on my block list for a reason. You never have anything to contribute to a discussion. You make claims but never back up anything you say. Instead of calling something stupid why don't you actually just have a point of view instead of making criticism and generalizations.

Also, I find it a bit hilarious that with everything I said the only thing you had to say is that alternatives aren't feasible. I can't control how people manage their money. Electric vehicle are absolutely reasonable to purchase and if someone cares to make a difference they will. The issue is people say they care but do absolutely nothing on their part.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Resist
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,481
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@nubly
Not sure if you can read this. But, you're on my block list for a reason. You never have anything to contribute to a discussion. You make claims but never back up anything you say. Instead of calling something stupid why don't you actually just have a point of view instead of making criticism and generalizations.

Also, I find it a bit hilarious that with everything I said the only thing you had to say is that alternatives aren't feasible. I can't control how people manage there money. Electric vehicle are absolutely reasonable to purchase and if someone cares to make a difference they will. The issue is people say they care but do absolutely nothing on their part.
Solar panels cost around 10k, with government help. That's a lot of money that a lot of folks don't have. Electric cars have too many shortcomings, battery life being #1, including how long a full charge takes. They use DC voltage instead of AC voltage which can be fatal from an electrocution. Fire hazards while they are being charged. But the battery life is enough for me to deter me from buying one.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident


Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
nubly is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome