Right Wing Violence - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Yoink

Angry

Right Wing Violence

It must be the willful stupidity that comes with the right wing mentality that makes them so violent.

Quote:
https://www.care2.com/causes/right-w...s-in-2018.html

Right-Wing Extremists Committed All of the Hate-Crime Killings in 2018

It would be easy to chalk up an increased public wariness about hate crimes and extremism in the United States to media-fueled scaremongering, but the unfortunate truth is that 2018 saw a significant spike in hate-motivated murders. In fact, 2018 was the fourth worst year on record since 1970, with at least 50 such murders — a big leap from the 37 killings in 2017.

Every year the Anti-Defamation League, or ADL, releases a report documenting and detailing such hate crimes. This civil rights group, founded over a century ago, is one of the most respected organizations working to combat bigotry and extremism in the United States today. Though the 50 hate-related killings in 2018 didn’t match those in 2015 and 2016 — with 70 and 72 murders respectively — the ADL’s report includes some important findings that are worth exploring.

Perhaps the biggest discovery is that, without exception, each perpetrator had links to one or more right-wing extremist groups — in most cases, white nationalists.

However, as the report explains, a recent trend in misogyny-motivated killings has put these types of hate groups on the ADL’s radar. There are several terms applied to these groups, including “manosphere” and “incel” — short for “involuntary celibate.”

In the past, people associated with these hate groups have mostly confined their activities to online discussion. I previously wrote about how the online discussion website Reddit served as a popular digital gathering point for those who identify as incels. In more recent times, though, it has become clear that these individuals are taking their hatred of women into the real world and acting on their violent impulses.

Last May, an active member of the online incel community killed 10 people in Toronto, apparently motivated to seek violent revenge against as many women as possible for being sexually rejected. In November, a man entered a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, and began shooting women, killing two and injuring five others; he was found to possess a similar mindset.

Though tangentially connected to this surging activity from violent misogynists, a radical right-wing group calling itself the Proud Boys has come under scrutiny for its mob-style attacks against those who protest the organization’s gatherings. Among its various ideological declarations, which includes the rejection of “white guilt,” is the embracing of — in their own words — “chauvinism.”

While the “why” of hate crimes is important, so is the “how,” or the methods involved. Given the documented rise of active shooter incidents in the United States in recent history — as I wrote about last year – it should come as little surprise to learn that the ADL report cites firearms as the overwhelming weapon of choice for hate-related murder. Researchers found that 42 of the 50 killings in 2018 involved the use of guns.
In light of the clearly persistent problem of deadly hate crimes in the United States, it’s especially troubling that the Trump administration seems adamant to turn a blind eye. In November, I wrote about President Trump’s decision to defund programs established under Obama that would aim to curb white nationalist ideology and violence.

These initiatives cost a mere $10 million in annual grants — a drop in the bucket when compared to Trump’s desired $5 billion border wall — which, he continues to claim, without proof, would directly lead to a decline in crime and violence in the United States.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Hmmmm. I think I would call all murders hate crimes since I would think a person would have to kind of dislike someone quite a bit in order to be motivated to murder them.

Of course I'm sure there are some cases where a murder is just incidental to the situation/circumstances. Still, premeditated murder is less likely (in my opinion) to be that. Premeditated murder seems to contain within it's very nature the presupposition that the perpetrator either intensely disliked their victim or simply didn't care about them at all (which is even scarier than hatred being the motive, if you ask me).

I just can't imagine someone murdering someone they actually like.

What am I missing? How is murder not inherently a hate crime?

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
We'll never see dotard donald tweet about this though since they aren't minorities. Easier to prey on the racism of his poorly educated supporters.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Resist

Trump Supporter Launches 'Incredibly Violent Attack' On BBC Cameraman At El Paso Rally

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Hmmmm. I think I would call all murders hate crimes since I would think a person would have to kind of dislike someone quite a bit in order to be motivated to murder them.

Of course I'm sure there are some cases where a murder is just incidental to the situation/circumstances. Still, premeditated murder is less likely (in my opinion) to be that. Premeditated murder seems to contain within it's very nature the presupposition that the perpetrator either intensely disliked their victim or simply didn't care about them at all (which is even scarier than hatred being the motive, if you ask me).

I just can't imagine someone murdering someone they actually like.

What am I missing? How is murder not inherently a hate crime?

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by In a Lonely Place View Post
C'mon bruvver, use your head. The motives for murder vary, it's not just hate. Lust, greed, money, contracts, envy, love, etc.

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
C'mon bruvver, use your head. The motives for murder vary, it's not just hate. Lust, greed, money, contracts, envy, love, etc.
Can we at least agree that people who commit murder tend to not care about the well being of their victims very much? I suppose you could even say they don't particularly mind if they hurt their feelings. I mean at the end of the day when someone is being murdered, I doubt it really matters too much to them what the motive is, does it?

"Well, I'm being bludgeoned to death by some moron but if I just knew he didn't hate me it would be so much more pleasant. Oh my god! He said he loves me on that last swing! At least he doesn't hate me! I can understand that! Totally relate to that!"

Or how about this one "Well, I'm being murdered but I know it's just about money so I'm not going to take offense to it. I'll just die unbothered and hurting"

------------

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM
SAS Member

I just really think this notion about there being a difference between bloody murder and hate crime murder needs a little tweaking is all. I mean, call me crazy but I think I'd really rather just not be murdered at all if it was up to me. I'd also kind of be offended if I died knowing my murder wasn't going to be taken as seriously because it was just about money or that my murderer didn't particularly dislike me.

------------

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
We'll never see dotard donald tweet about this though since they aren't minorities. Easier to prey on the racism of his poorly educated supporters.
You do realize that there are right wing hate groups that are predominantly black and latino right? You're possibly the most racist person I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You do realize that there are right wing hate groups that are predominantly black and latino right? You're possibly the most racist person I've ever seen in my life.
And if these hate groups did mass shootings dotard donald would be tweeting about it but since the majority of mass shooters are white, dotard donald doesn't say anything because he can put his racist spin on it.

btw, whataboutism that you conservatives love to bring up is lame.

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
And if these hate groups did mass shootings dotard donald would be tweeting about it but since the majority of mass shooters are white, dotard donald doesn't say anything because he can put his racist spin on it.

I'm not a conservative and you have no idea how much hurt you're going to be in for this statement.

Quote:
An investigation into his online activities uncovered his interest in black nationalist groups.[77] The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and news outlets reported that Johnson "liked" the Facebook pages of black nationalist organizations such as the New Black Panther Party (NBPP), Nation of Islam, and Black Riders Liberation Army, three groups which are listed by the SPLC as hate groups.[89] On Facebook, Johnson posted an angry and "disjointed" post against white people on July 2, several days before the attack.[90]
I could find many more shootings that CNN doesn't run but this one everyone remembers. Would you like me to fill several pages regarding the statistics of violent crime and shootings in minority populations?

I don't think you do, because I'm not bluffing. It'd merely be a huge waste of time for me and I'm not quite in the mood for it.

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Resist

Quote:
I'm not a conservative and you have no idea how much hurt you're going to be in for this statement.

I could find many more shootings that CNN doesn't run but this one everyone remembers. Would you like me to fill several pages regarding the statistics of violent crime and shootings in minority populations?

I don't think you do, because I'm not bluffing. It'd merely be a huge waste of time for me and I'm not quite in the mood for it.
I remember that. I also remember dotard donald making a statement about it, since you know, the shooter wasn't white.

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
I remember that. I also remember dotard donald making a statement about it, since you know, the shooter wasn't white.
Pointing out the hypocrisy is important I agree. I think if donald is putting aside violence committed by whites that's a very bad thing. I hope you see your own hypocrisy however, because you don't seem to have any amount of self awareness yourself. You know what mom always said, we are the things we hate.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:58 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:

And even easier on the racism and anti-Semitism of Hillary supporters.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:59 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

What "racist spin" did President Trump put on it?

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
What "racist spin" did President Trump put on it?
Typo, meant to say can't not can.

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Can we at least agree that people who commit murder tend to not care about the well being of their victims very much? I suppose you could even say they don't particularly mind if they hurt their feelings. I mean at the end of the day when someone is being murdered, I doubt it really matters too much to them what the motive is, does it?

"Well, I'm being bludgeoned to death by some moron but if I just knew he didn't hate me it would be so much more pleasant. Oh my god! He said he loves me on that last swing! At least he doesn't hate me! I can understand that! Totally relate to that!"

Or how about this one "Well, I'm being murdered but I know it's just about money so I'm not going to take offense to it. I'll just die unbothered and hurting"

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Pointing out the hypocrisy is important I agree. I think if donald is putting aside violence committed by whites that's a very bad thing. I hope you see your own hypocrisy however, because you don't seem to have any amount of self awareness yourself. You know what mom always said, we are the things we hate.
It was worse and the reverse from Obama.

The Black Lives Matter and anti-police rhetoric was all over the place with him. He did nothing to stop it.

Interesting that this isn't mentioned - it's always about Trump, right?

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:41 AM
MechanicallyMinded

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
It must be the willful stupidity that comes with the right wing mentality that makes them so violent.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance
" It must be the willful stupidity that comes with the LEFT wing mentality that makes them so violent."

*popcorn*

I think this is what you really meant right?

I mean both altright and postmodernist liberals are absolutely out to start a blood bath of a civil war.

If you only blame one side your dumber than both combined.

Oh also I don't need to quote some stupid news article to make my point. I use my brain by itself to handle moral argumenrs.

News should only be used for 100% nonopinion-fact based reporting to get factual statistics.

If you just keep logging into "imright dot com" were you get your news you'll never learn how to expand that brain.

Not my loss though

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:46 AM
MechanicallyMinded

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
It was worse and the reverse from Obama.

The Black Lives Matter and anti-police rhetoric was all over the place with him. He did nothing to stop it.

Interesting that this isn't mentioned - it's always about Trump, right?
Dude chill your making too much sense here your gonna break the internet. We on these forums expect more of a less honest 100% altleft ideology. Any less/slighty non-"republicans are all evil" and these forums implode on themselves.

There are no new ideas excepted on this platform without intense ridicule.

Also on that note, love it keep pushing back

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page