post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
Cool

Poll: 91% Of Americans Aren’t Worried About Global Warming

Poll: 91% Of Americans Aren’t Worried About Global Warming

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/01/po...lobal-warming/

As Iowans prepare to vote for presidential candidates, a new poll has surfaced showing once again the vast majority of Americans don’t rank global warming as the most serious issue facing the country.

A YouGov poll of 18,000 people in 17 countries found only 9.2 percent of Americans rank global warming as their biggest concern. Only Saudi Arabians were less concerned about global warming at 5.7 percent. The biggest concern for Americans was global terrorism — 28 percent of Americans polled listed this as their top issue.

Despite a big PR push by President Barack Obama to tout his administration’s global warming agenda, most Americans have been unconvinced it’s the country’s most pressing issue. A Fox News poll from November found only 3 percent of Americans list global warming as their top concern.

The Fox poll came out just before Obama met other world leaders in Paris to kick off another round of negotiations for an international treaty to cut carbon dioxide emissions. After weeks of haggling, United Nations delegates agreed to non-binding emissions cuts.

Then, government scientists declared 2015 the warmest year on record. This news only emboldened politicians and environmental activists who want to build public support for more regulations on fossil fuels.

“In Paris, the entire world acted as one by agreeing to a universal climate accord that set an expiration date on fossil fuels–but now we must pick up the pace,” Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club, said in a statement.

“Unfortunately, fossil fuel corporations are doing everything they can to hang on to their profits as long as possible,” Brune said. “Largely as a result, if one of the leading Republican candidates were to be elected President of the United States, they would be the only head of state on earth to oppose global climate action.”

But Brune’s insistence that Republican lawmakers and corporations are responsible for keeping the American public ignorant of the dangers of global warming doesn’t seem to be backed up by the polling data.

Polls have consistently shown global warming never ranks high on the American public’s radar. A CNN poll from January 2015 found that 57 percent of Americans did not expect global warming to threaten their way of life.

“Meanwhile, only 50 percent of Americans believe global warming is caused by man-made emissions, while 23 percent say it’s caused by natural changes and 26 percent say it isn’t a proven fact,” CNN reported.

A Gallup poll from March 2015 found Americans’ concern about global warming fell to the same level it was in 1989. Global warming ranked at the bottom of a list of Americans’ environmental concerns — only 32 percent said they worried about it a “great deal.”

“Importantly, even as global warming has received greater attention as an environmental problem from politicians and the media in recent years, Americans’ worry about it is no higher now than when Gallup first asked about it in 1989,” Gallup’s Jeffrey Jones wrote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:39 AM
I want your soul.

Haven't thought about global warming in years. Is that still a thing anyways? It's been a long time since I've seen people go around with their stop pollution signs and talk about the ozone layer and stuff like that.

The gods sent me down here, as a Lonesome Assassin, to bring you to Eden.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Assassin View Post
Haven't thought about global warming in years. Is that still a thing anyways? It's been a long time since I've seen people go around with their stop pollution signs and talk about the ozone layer and stuff like that.
Seriously?

Liberals, the media and Democrat politicians never stop talking about it.

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Cut Above

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
That doesn't surprise me, America as a nation has never been known to be very intelligent let alone care for anything but greed and money and to solve the problem of man made emissions heating the earth we need to forget about the fake little paper we made and do something useful.
Of course, Terrorism is a huge issue, even though a planet heating itself would kill more than a terrorist ever could.

Invisible Kid locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I'm not completely "not" worried about it, but I'm not left-obsessed with it either.

We are probably in a warmer spell among the grand scheme of the planet. It'll get colder again, starting when the left stopping yappin all that CO2.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM
SAS Member

"91% of Americans aren't worried about Global Warming"

"A YouGov poll of 18,000 people in 17 countries found only 9.2 percent of Americans rank global warming as their biggest concern."

That's not really the same thing. It just means Global warming isn't the top priority for 91% of Americans. Doesn't mean they don't worry about it.

**** the past
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 12:06 PM
You spoony bard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Surely you're aware that the human future planning is much less developed than current situation planning?
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Permanently Banned

If Cletis actually expressed an original, well formulated opinion, on anything..with objective factual evidence rather than parroting this asinine nonsense over and over and over and over...I think I'd die of shock.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Permanently Banned

Global warming is real, I just enjoy chaos and warm weather. Plus the rising sea levels will give me beach front property. Burn baby burn that oil.

post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Ban

Language: spanglish
i dont think they are worried about anything important enough lol
this population lives in a lot of fear, but usually personal or irrational ones.
Global warning is one of my biggest concerns so this is pretty sad to hear.

Self education makes great men
- Bruce Lee
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
That doesn't surprise me, America as a nation has never been known to be very intelligent let alone care for anything but greed and money and to solve the problem of man made emissions heating the earth we need to forget about the fake little paper we made and do something useful
Look on the bright side. We have science to thank for making those manmade emissions possible in the first place. Science worshipers kinda forget that.

/WYSD
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Look on the bright side. We have science to thank for making those manmade emissions possible in the first place. Science worshipers kinda forget that.
Good point. It was brilliant scientists that invented the internal combustion engine and coal-fired power plants that generate electricity.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
I do love how Cletis avoids the facts on climate change and instead tries to get through to people with nothing more than an emotional plea. "Liberals believe in climate change", "Most Americans aren't worried about climate change.", "X makes money from climate change."

Bertrand Russel was right when he said we should only concern ourselves with the facts. http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

"have I not reason to hate and to despise myself? Indeed I do; and chiefly for not having hated and despised the world enough."
~William Hazlitt

"There have been times when only a hair's-breadth has intervened betwixt myself and the seething devil-ridden world of madness; for the hideous knowledge, the horror- blackened memories which I have carried so long, were never meant to be borne by the human intellect."
~Clark Ashton Smith
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 09:09 PM
SAS Member

Yup, physics doesn't care what people think. Even the idiots who continuously post stupid stuff on the internet can't get away from the facts.

And thanks for causing all of the other problems by buying oil and coal.

Let's go down the list:

The Economy - Would be a lot better if we weren't spending billions of dollars out of the country to the Middle East and other OPEC nations and dictatorships around the world.

Federal Spending - We could reduce our military spending by a few billion if we didn't have to police the waters of the Persian Gulf to make it safe to transport oil. There are a few agencies that could get reduced if they didn't have to worry about coal ash pits, mercury in the water, and oil refinery pollution.

Healthcare costs - Less asthma and cancer cases if the air and water weren't polluted by fossil fuel emissions

Unemployment - More money to spend in the local economy instead of exporting dollars to foreign dictators, terrorists, and oil executives would boost small and medium business way more than the oil and coal jobs that would be lost.

Size and Power of the government - You can tell what biased pool of people took this survey. They are just afraid that they are doing something wrong and will get stopped since they aren't in charge. Oil and coal money has poured into the elections, but it hasn't gotten them much.

SS, hunger, crime - All would be better if there were more jobs

Terrorist attacks - Maybe if the rich princes in the Middle East didn't flaunt their wealth over the poor with the military backing of the US military, things might have been different.

Availability of energy - Reducing the amount of energy and implementing better design would save quite a bit. Renewable energy works in most of the country just fine.

Drug use and immigration - They might not have much to do with fossil fuel actually.

Quality of the environment - Go talk to the folks that had the oil pipeline spill in their back yards. I don't see too many people wanting to move next to oil refineries, and I think Flint and Porter Ranch are showing people that these companies and conservatives in charge will do whatever they want to make a few more dollars regardless of the health and quality of life for the people who live by coal ash pits, natural gas holding areas, or refinery emissions.

Climate Change - You don't need to "worry" about it, you just need to take some steps to use less energy and try to generate the least amount of pollution. The science is there, and the conservatives in the USA and other oil rich countries are the only ones who want to deny it for monetary reasons. But, they have never tried to disprove the science successfully or come up with an alternative. So they have lost.

Race relations - They get the short end of the stick usually when a company wants to setup in a neighborhood to pollute in. And who do you think fund the right-wing radio and TV stations that spin the events to make the conservatives not look racist?

Anyways, your made up bar chart just disproved your made up headline because the numbers don't match. Sorry, too bad. Better luck next time. Hope you got paid well for posting this garbage.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 09:12 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I'm worried about climate change and overpopulation. People (specially poor people) need to stop ****ing so much. Better off people need to stop buying so much ****.
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 04:46 AM
Yoink

Headline: 91% of Americans worried about where their next paycheck will come from

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Permanently Shunned

With everything in life, a catastrophe has to happen before there is mass support for change.

PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME!!!

Where he at? Where he at? Where he at?

█ No, seriously where he at? I'm hungry. █

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page