Multiple fatalities reported after gun nut goes on a shooting spree at El Paso Walmart - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Resist

My Mood: Tired

Multiple fatalities reported after gun nut goes on a shooting spree at El Paso Walmart

Not much is known of America's latest turkey shoot yet: 18 injured/killed, suspect in custody. Beto O'Rourke was told the weapon used may have been an assault weapon. What the hell is the point when congress sits on their asses and does nothing about these shootings.

Edit: NBC has reported 19 dead, 40 injured.

NewsOne says the shooter was been ID'ed as Patrick Crusius, a trump supporter that hates 'mixed racing'.

Looks like it was another white supremacist terror attack.
"FBI investigating possible manifesto from the shooter which starts with the following two sentences: "In general, I support the Christchurch shooter and his manifesto. This attack is a response to the
Hispanic invasion of Texas""

https://nypost.com/2019/08/03/photo-...uwSQFQZs2yVd5Q

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-el-...opstories.html

Quote:
As many as 18 people were killed and dozens more were injured, and a white male in his 20s is in custody after a mass shooting at an El Paso, Texas, Walmart on Saturday morning, officials said.

The wounded ranged in age from a 2-year-old child to an 82-year-old victim.

The suspect, identified by authorities as Patrick Crusius, 21.

He was "taken into custody without incident" and without any law enforcement officers firing their weapons, according to El Paso Police Department Sgt. Robert Gomez. The alleged shooter's motives remains unknown, Gomez said, adding that "we have ruled out multiple shooters."

Police officials said the first 911 calls came in around 10 a.m. local time.

The shooting began in the parking lot outside the Walmart, according to an eyewitness who said she heard gunshots as she drove through the parking lot with her mother.

Shopper Vanessa Saenz described the shooter as dressed in cargo pants and wearing ear protectors and said he looked like he was dancing.

Moments later, Saenz saw a woman a few feet away fall to the ground.

The eyewitness then described seeing victims near the shooter who became cornered -- with nowhere to run -- and then watched the gunman raise a rifle, aim it at them and start firing.

She described the man as then walking with confidence into the store, "like he was on a mission."

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
SAS Member

I read his manifesto, it of course focused on immigration and race mixing but he also talked about corporate destruction of the environment and automation leaving people jobless.

He talked about corporations taking over the government which leads to more immigration since there's more of a market and cheaper wages but he instead directs his anger at the immigrants. If corporations are going to implement unfair trade deals via the government and do constant tax cuts that sends the majority of the wealth upward then the solution isn't to turn your anger on the powerless.

Right-wingers tend to stick to hierarchies and authority figures, whether it's the military, police force, organized religion, the corporations, and also the traditional family structure. The reaction is rarely to question, protest, or fight people in power, it's usually kicking down. There is for sure a big problem with our government not functioning democratically and only serving those in power, the answer isn't to fight with each other or people below us over the scraps, this is where things like general strikes should be used, which requires not dividing each other.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I for one am shocked & appalled at this apparent disregard for human life, every individual is so special it's ridiculous : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Y'all crazy
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:21 PM
SAS Member

The call for open borders is something that worried him, the problem is that not one politician has even floated the idea of open borders, and the vast majority of leftists in the country aren't calling for open borders. If anything libertarians would be calling for them. This is something perpetuated by right-wing outlets like Fox, I've seen many times the people on Fox criticizing the democrats for calling for open borders, which is a lie that they keep bringing up and the viewers believe it. Fox viewers actually do believe the stuff they say on Fox, and that's a problem because Fox often says weird s*** that has no basis in reality, it's just fear and hate driven, I grew up watching Fox and their bulls*** has gotten worse every election cycle.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 10:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Remind me again why, when I fly from a US airport, I need to take my f***in' shoes off because of ONE incident that caused no deaths?
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 10:45 PM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGVan View Post
Remind me again why, when I fly from a US airport, I need to take my f***in' shoes off because of ONE incident that caused no deaths?
Maybe you wear the same shoe size as the shoe guy?

/WYSD
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Maybe you wear the same shoe size as the shoe guy?
Like Cinderella for terrorists?
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:33 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Man 29 dead between the 2 mass shooting wow, sad day.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:40 AM
Yoink

Quote:
"One Tin Soldier"

Listen children to a story
That was written long ago
Bout a kingdom on a mountain
And the valley folk below
On the mountain was a treasure
Buried deep beneath the stone
And the valley people swore
They'd have it for their very own

So go ahead and hate your neighbour
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven
You can justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgment day
But on the bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away

So the people from the valley
Sent a message up the hill
Asking for the buried treasure
Tons of gold for which they'd kill
Came an answer from the kingdom
"With our brothers we will share
All the secrets of the mountain
All the riches buried there"

Now the valley cried with anger
"Mount your horses, draw your swords"
And they killed the mountain people
So they won their just rewards
Now they stood beside the treasure
On the mountain, dark and red
Turned the stone and looked beneath it
"Peace on earth" was all it said

So go ahead and hate your neighbour
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven
You can justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgment day
But on the bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:41 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Gotta laugh at all these Americans who "think" they are people with the most freedom. This freedom of "right to bear arms" gives you freedom? No. I mean, if you go to a garlic festival and you get shot or don't come home alive or one of your relatives is shot or doesn't come home again, just how free really are you? C'mon. A garlic festival are you weren't even safe at that? University, college, school, a shopping mall.... And there's a realistic chance that there's going to be a shooting and you have no idea where it could occur; it's unpredictable. Any time anywhere anyplace some day. Is that freedom? It's stupid. Get rid of the guns: THEY ARE DOING YOU NO GOOD. What good is your gun to you now when you're in your box 6 feet under? How much freedom do you have rotting in your box with an unprovoked shooters bullet in your brain?

Seriously American person: everytime you got to school college university shopping mall, Do you have in the back of your mind that, although unlikely but eminantly possible, that this particular time you attend one of those places that, some nutcase might pop you or one of your relatives? Is that a tiny thought you have in your mind every day that this could be a day I go to the mall and get murdered pointlessly and unprovoked? If it was me, I would have that thought.

Well even if it isn't , and if you said it wasn't, (which I would assume was a lie) , our gun control laws over here give us freedom. True freedom in the knowlegde that it's 99.999999999999999% sure that you can go to school, college, uni, shopping mall, garlic festival and not get shot by a nutter with a gun. That's true freedom that you Americans can never appreciate or realize: unless you get rid of the guns.
As can be seen again, your stupid guns and your stupid gun laws have failed you again. Is the USA a nation of people too cowardly to defend themselves with their fists and they need guns instead? Is that why you won't give the guns up?

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:28 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Well it's easier than shooting rich people. I guess typically you start with the bottom and then get to the top as things devolve and become more focused. But a lot of these people want to ignore class in favour of ethnicity.

memo from Bill Kristol: 'Oh no our slaves are dying, we can't possibly replace them by importing more /s' (another related clip neocons are so unashamed lol listen to that for about 5 minutes it gets into the other clip at about that point)

Honestly dude what do you think that will achieve lol?

WE WERE YOUR CHOSEN SLAVES/PEASANTS.

Come on people. Take it as a compliment, you're not as good slaves and neither are the people they import after a couple of generations that's why they need more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_is_Over
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:07 AM
The Groat King

You know, if these "events" happened once or twice a year I might say "well that was just some nutjob that did that." But when you get three in one week that not just some random nutjob, that's a culture problem. Meaning that the culture is actually creating these people.
Just as it's creating a suicide rate that is the highest since WW2 and a rampant drug overdose epidemic.
Of course that's not to give these monsters a free pass or an excuse but it's pretty obvious that our sick culture now creates monsters. In all types of forms.
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:20 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
250th mass shooting this year

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Yoink

The Climate Crisis will bring ever increasing new heat records and people get angry in the heat.

These mass shooters are just trying to help people by "airing them out", sorry, couldn't resist.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:08 AM
SAS Member

Part of it I think is the news to blame too. I mean look, they always seem to occur in groups, right after each other.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Resist

Captain America reminds us of the time trump joked about Texans shooting Hispanics. What a vile disgusting piece of filth trump has proven to be.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
You know, if these "events" happened once or twice a year I might say "well that was just some nutjob that did that." But when you get three in one week that not just some random nutjob, that's a culture problem. Meaning that the culture is actually creating these people.
At some point you have to admit that the media is basically inciting this and intentionally fanning the flames and causing copycats. That's pretty much the most obvious thing that most people are not talking about. Obviously none of these people are living outside of the world where the media has a field day and everyone goes ape**** every time it happens. People used to be smart enough to figure out that the media is a major factor in that kind of thing.

/WYSD
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Resist

Quote:
At some point you have to admit that the media is basically inciting this and intentionally fanning the flames and causing copycats. That's pretty much the most obvious thing that most people are not talking about. Obviously none of these people are living outside of the world where the media has a field day and everyone goes ape**** every time it happens. People used to be smart enough to figure out that the media is a major factor in that kind of thing.
Because in the age of the internet, people wouldn't know about these mass shootings if it weren't for the media?

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 12:13 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
I think the average person actually cares a lot less now than they used to, it's pretty much become commonplace tbh. I know I barely react these days to hearing about it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page